Cybertron's "organic" core

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by D-Unit, Feb 6, 2011.

1. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all. (sorry if this has been mentioned before, I'm flaky) One of the reason everyone dislikes "Beast Machines" is because of the revelation that Cybertraon was revealed to have been an organic world at one point. Last night I was trying to fall asleep, so I put one of the old G1 DVD's in and watched "Dweller in the Depths". To anyone whose seen that episode, when Magnus and crew journey deep down into Cybertron, the scenery indicates the same thing. There's rocks and caverns and the like. Just saying that the idea wasn't necessarily new when BW did it, so I guess I don't understand the hate. Uhh, have a good weekend.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    To be perfectly honest, I don't consider the Transformers to be strictly robots, I believe them to be robot-like, and their structure metallic, but not metal. I think they're just a new kind of animal to our Taxonomy.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Even if they were to tie things back to dweller in the depths, it was still a pretty hamfisted approach. That's something that should have been slowly revealed, rather than "this is how it was, deal with it, go grow some trees underground" in the first episode, I think.

4. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

See, cuz I include the Japanese series as in continuity too, Cybertron got destroyed in Headmasters, and at the end in the accompanying manga, Rodimus Prime returns and says that he's found a new homeworld for the Transformers.
    Jump ahead to Victory, and Planet V, which seems to be the new homeworld for the TF's is clearly an organic planet that looks to have been techno-formed (as opposed to terra-formed), at least partially.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with both you guys, I was just saying the idea wasn't exactly some out of this world new concept when BM did it, which is what several people have claimed in saying why they "hate" BM

6. Shockwave 75

You're right, of course. And it wasn't Cybertron's squishy core that I objected to back then either.

But since then I've made my peace with BM mostly because at the end of the Cybertron series we got a good look at what a technoganic Cybertron might look like. And realistically it looks kinda like earth, only with cyborg plants instead of normal ones.

7. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Most of the complaints about Beast Machines are story and character based. The story complaint seems to be how MUCH the organic thing was pushed over the mass genocide committed by Megatron etc.
    But I do have to admit, I had been bothered by the organic thing existing at all for a while until sto_vo_kor_2000 reminded me of that G1 episode...which I hated(1980's tenticle beast vampires aren't my thing either lol)...but at least the organic thing was founded so I got over it lol.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your welcome.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You should also watch "Grimlocks new brain".

Near the end of the episode, we see a pond/lake filled with fish.

True, its possible they were trans-planted there from Earth, but its also possible they are naturally evolving life.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed, I forgot about that one. It makes more sense really that it was an organic world that the Quintessons changed into a factory over time (if you don't subscribe to the Marvel version that Cybertron is Primus) than it does that a mechanical planet just exists.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    'cept Cybertron gets rebuilt and restored in the Japanese Generation 2 storyline.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Beast Machines didn't make up Cybertron having an "organic" core. It used a lot of (what were at the time) second-string G1 concepts and expanded on them.

The point of Beast Machiens wasn't that it was an organic planet or that it was supposed to be organic, but that it was supposed to be techno-organic, but one half got the better of the other.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a theory, but I think while Cybertron was shut down (like in war for cybertron) it converted its core to organic because it was the only way to purge itself of the dark energon.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

That only works if the G1 toon continuity had a "shut down" and had "dark energon".

The G1 toon had neither in its history as far as we know.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Rocks and dirt are not organic. In fact, metals are just refined minerals out of the soil. Just because Cybertron has dirt and rocks does not mean it's "organic".

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Correction.

Not all rocks are organic.

In fact,some very much are.

True, but it is an indication that it might have been once.

17. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    So you've seen rocks made of plants and animals? I was under the impression they were made of minerals.

Isn't there a difference between vegetable, animal, and mineral?

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yes, what do you think most fossils are.

Some minerals are organic in classification.
    Mineral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Strunz classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Strunz classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "To be classified as a true mineral, a substance must be a solid and have a crystalline structure. It must also be a naturally occurring, homogeneous substance with a defined chemical composition. Traditional definitions excluded organically derived material. However, the International Mineralogical Association in 1995 adopted a new definition:

a mineral is an element or chemical compound that is normally crystalline and that has been formed as a result of geological processes.

The modern classifications include an organic class – in both the new Dana and the Strunz classification schemes"

Thats beyond my knowledge.
    But here are a few examples of organic rock.

Amber,Coal ,Chalk,limestone,Shale, Siltstone, Mudstone, Claystone Itacolumite, Bituminous,Oolite Oil shale, Arkose ,Argillite ,Conglomerate Diatomite .

There are many more.

19. Shockwave 75

Huh, I did not know that.

Off to the TFwiki!

20. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I thought fossils were objects that had their bits replaced by the rocks. I saw a video once that showed the process. The mineral particles flow up to the object being fossilized and are stopped, hardening into it's shape. Then the object decays as normal leaving the fossil. At least that's how I understood it. It's the reason a hat can be fossilized and be made of the same material as a bone fossil. The object doesn't actually change what it's made of.

Point being, there are rocks and dirt that are made up of minerals. It's very possible those are the ones we see at the core of Cybertron.