Cybertronians should fear Humans

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Plainsjumper, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I'm very sure our planet won't last as long as theirs did so...

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron created humans???? Where was this stated?

3. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron is Earth's core, though he didn't intend to create human. :p 

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very interesting, but we can only what Cybertron would have been like if they weren't a war for millions of years. It can't be easy to innovate with folks shooting at you day in and day out to the end of time.

If the Decepticons and Autobots could ever put down their arms, talk, share what they've both learned and could work together, I think they'd see a huge leap in technology, catching up for lost time.

5. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Also, Cybertron had an actual God (Primus) who created and gave shelter and food to his offspring, and his Apostles (The Thirteen) who guided and provided knowledge to their followers.
    Humans evolved from proto-apes, made up our gods and discovered knowledge the hard way (autodidact). I think that has far more merit.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they'd still have to make up for all the technology and knowledge they've lost throughout the millenia. They've probably destroyed valuable knowledge in their wars; destroying relics, libraries, museums etc. I can imagine that countless members of their most birlliant thinkers perished in their war.

I think its not just a matter of sharing what they know, but rediscovering what they knew. And that could take a very long time, possibly even the same length of time it took when they found out about it the first time.

This scenario isn't unheard of in earth's history. When the Goths, Huns and Vandals destroyed Rome, large chunks of knowledge and history was lost. This is because much of the sources of written knowledge was destroyed as the cities were burnt. The passing on of knowledge and education in general became difficult. The same goes for technology and art. And the large scale Roman economy collapsed.

But I think the loss that the Cybertronians suffered was much worse.

7. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    No, actually, it is quite widespread that war involves progress by seeking new ways for the victory.
    Many things and goods, which are casual nowadays, were created during World's Wars.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I've spotted something ironic here. It's actually a good thing for humanity that Cybertron plunged in civil war.

Because if it hadn't, the 'Bots and 'Cons may never have come to Earth. And if they didn't come to Earth, guess who would have ruined all of Humanity's hard work.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But he's their god?

10. DepthWave

News Credits:
    And last twenty or forty of it you will remain or too ill with your body or far away from sanity.

And, for refusing all possible questions, here is my vision: human contagion is a virus, that is uncontrollably spreading and consuming everything it touches. So, yes, every sentient being should beware of this threat.
    But we can see, that Transformers themselves haven't managed to avoid the same problem.

11. semperfiTFs

semperfiTFs Future Marine here.

I dont like shia, but i think bay got it right. The way Transformers are depicted is that they have open wiring, tubing and other components at some points that can be shot up. Its hard and takes a while, but it is possible.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps it would be like with the Robotech series where humans united and advanced rapidly thanks to the crashed space ship but when the bad guys showed up the humans couldn't just run all over them because the humans didn't fully grasp how to use the technology.

From a story telling point of view though it's better that the Transformers don't have to fear the humans. The combined human military is far larger than the number of robots you could work in a series so if the military can defeat the Decepticons what do we really need the Autobots for? Being able to shrug off most human weapons means we have to have the Autobots to save the day.

Although I kind of like the Transformers Animated take on fearing humans because organic life seemed weird and creepy to the robots. Kind of like the Futurama episode "Fear of a Bot Planet".

13. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO, I think it would actually be appropriate that the autobots would still be needed. A full blown assault would still cause a lot of casualties not only in the military but civilian as well.

The autobots at the moment seem like special forces, they swoop in and destroy the threat before it escalates and affects the entire region. That in my opinion is the best way to keep things the way they are.

Knowledge of the Cybertronians could change the entire human world, in ways that are unpredictable and sometimes destructive. I don't think the governments are prepared for that.

It's also not the best way to introduce alien/Cybertronian life to the human populace, IMO. "Hello, I'm Optimus Prime. I'm an alien and your world is our battleground".

14. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

Well there are plenty of University professors around that remain productive during those years.

The human life span assumption is really simplified though--humans have made huge advances on extending life span as well, and very recently. So maybe that life-span number should be some kind of calculus function where the life-span # stays at 30-40 for most of the 6000 year period?

"Humans - in our current form - have been around for at least roughly 200,000 years" DPrime

That's a good point. Though it's still less than a quarter of a million years.

15. DepthWave

News Credits:
    And there are plenty disabled people as well, who are suffering from cretinism and so on, we may say, from their birth to their death.
    And for the first 15- 30 years many people are not sentient enough, and let us be counting lowbrow.
    Those professors are not the depiction of average human. But I might be out of the point: do we count geniuses only?
    I think, the number of those, who parasitize on their government and parents is much more spacious for humans, than for TransFormers.

16. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

Well the technical progress happened in that relatively short time period regardless though.

17. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Sure.

18. Kin

Kin Active Member

We may be insects compared to the technologically advanced Cybertronian race, but we are resilient ones full of determination and ingenuity. Some times it's not the person with the superior gadgets that comes out on top.