Cybertronians causing Dinosaur extinction

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Orion Pax 00, May 26, 2014.

1. Orion Pax 00

Orion Pax 00 Legendary Hero

I've had this idea for awhile. Since I knew that the Dinobots were going to be in it. I think the intro of the movie will explain how the Dinosaurs went extinct.
    A possible war or something to do with killing off all living things to harvest whatever. Or* The Dinobots killed them all. Then went into a deep slumber/hibernation/stasis.
    Probably a lot less complicated since it is a Bay film, but we'll see next month.

2. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Years after the events that involved The Fallen, the good and evil Dinobots came to Earth. Some plot device caused a war. The evil Dinobots who had experimented on humans caused them to go insane, the normal humans who helped the good Dinobots in the battles were wiped out...leaving behind only the crazys.

We're the decendants of the crazy human leftovers.

Optimus Prime's voiceover..."Once again we find our fate and destiny intertwined with humanity's, but this time, we will make right our old and ancient wrongs..."

The Fallen was one of the original 13, and they had come to Earth when humans were around, so no way dinosaurs could have been around when the Dinobots came...unless the Dinobots pre-date the original 13...new movie retcon?

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I don't think they would have caused it. More likely they arrived in prehistoric times and simply adapted to beast modes, like the Dinosaurs.

If Bay had played this in a different way, there would have been both good and bad bots around in the prehistoric era and it would have been a live-action Beast Wars. But we don't get to be that lucky :( .

4. ShockRod

ShockRod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mentioned this in thread a long time ago.. saying that I wouldn't put it past bay to have the 'meteor' that killed off the dinosaurs actually being the arrival of the dinobots!

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its the still the same timeline - it just meant that the Dinobots co-existed with the original 13 and that The Fallen's betrayal occurred a lot sooner than many believe.

The Dinobots were created after the original 13 however came to Earth long before the original 13 - arriving around near 65 million years ago.

In the movie-verse the original 13 existed a very long time ago but only went to Earth around the 17,000 BCE - which was when their deaths occurred. Essentially meaning the Cybertronian war started with the Fallen's betrayal and death approximately 19,013 years ago as of this year (2014 -(-17000) - 1)

6. ShockRod

News Credits:
    This.

Not sure why people seem to think that the original 13 were the only ones around when they eventually came here. Lets remember that they probably harvested many stars before coming to earth. Earth is where the betrayal took place, but there could have been thousands of unoccupied planets before earth.

7. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. We all know the Primes were alive 19000 years ago. It is never stated when they were created though.

Just one question: was it ever stated in ROTF that the Primes were the first TFs? I know that they are "the original leaders," but I forget if they are the first ones ever created.

8. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk YEET

News Credits:
    Why do fictional aliens always like to kill all our dinosaurs?

9. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very true. But I want to point out 1 important thing. There is or was only 1 TF around in the last 3 movies that was also alive during the time of the Primes. And that was Jetfire. He was The Fallens personal Seeker and he went out to find new uninhabited planets for Thr Fallen. And Jetfire said there was 7 Primes, the Original Primes. 6 have their lives to hide the Matrix and The Fallen was the 7th. So if there are 13 Primes in the movie universe, Jetfire obviously did not know that there are still 6 out there somewhere.

Now I'm sure the Dinobots were also around during the time of The Primes but where they servers of The Primes or were they Cybertronians that left to find a new home and maybe even defied The Primes?

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    All we know is that the original 13 went around the universe harvesting suns for Energon. It's easy to assume they had been at it a long time before arriving to Earth.

We're also assuming a lot about the Dinobots.

11. ShockRod

News Credits:
    I think we just keep quoting the comics, and not Bay's obsession with the number 7

Or Maybe they, and Lockdown.. aren't actually Cybertronian, but maybe another race? Or maybe defenders of the Key. Can't wait to find out!

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  13. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

My bad, I'm the source of the error in this thread when I mentioned the Original 13, in the movie-verse there are only 7.

:eek: 

Sorry.

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    The Dinobots are for sure Cybertronian in nature and are from the time of the first primes. They have the same Cybertronian markings on them. Also, lockdowns ship is a Cybertronian entity as well ;) 

15. ShockRod

News Credits:
    Source?

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Wouldn't dinobots have happened before the primes and the fallen came to earth since their were people on the earth when they were here?

They could have not even know about the dinobots being there or the dinosaur extinction..

I Pacific Rim they were supposed to have came here and tried to use the planet but the air was too different they made a Kaiju that wiped out the dinosaurs.

In the show Primeval our dinosaurs were supposed to be aliens that got here through portals.

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    The dinobots being of Cybertronain origins is all over them. They have the markings of the time period of The Primes. As for lockdowns ship being a Cybertronian entity, the movie app verifies it. So whoever or whatever it is, it too has origins tied to Cybertron.

18. ShockRod

News Credits:
    While I agree that it's probable.. I don't take anything at face value anymore with these movies. They have marking that we understand to be cybertronian, but Bay could easily explain that away if he wanted. He has to try and explain a timeline now, and think he will try and patch some holes somewhere along the way. Or at least, I hope so.

Didn't know about the ship being cybertronian... deleted the app.

19. Orion Pax 00

Orion Pax 00 Legendary Hero

@ Jestermon- From what I take is that ROTF explains thousands of years ago and fossil records show Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago. So I too would think ROTF takes place after the dinosaurs.

20. tonyformer

News Credits:
    When we see them building the harvester, that is in the early days of the Egyptian empire. So yes, it's many many many years after the dinosaurs.