Cybertronian rituals.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Aug 24, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I just came back from the movie (never gets any less awesome!) and noticed something disturbing.

In Prime's holographic flashback, when we see Megatron impaling the the helpless Autobot, we see several dead (what I assume to be) Autobot bodies strung up and hanging from the towers (which themselves are littered with bodies).

It got me thinking, are the Decepticons supposed to be savages? I mean, it's one thing to have a war, but to proudly display your kills by decorating buildings with corpses is a bit over the top.

Or maybe, the buidings are of a ritual, and are Decepticon constructs designed to hold bodies. (ie. each Decepticon gets his own tower to collect their fallen opponents and Megs' so full the bodies have to hang off the sides to make room?)

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps Megatron launched a bomb, which killed many Autobot civilians as they went around their daily life.

I do presume many of the Decepticons are savages: animalistic drones of Megatron.

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'd like to think the Decepticons are more than just revolutionaries in the movie. They seek to destroy the Autobots for their own gain of the Allspark. I could easily see mounting enemy corpses anywhere fitting if it would throw off morale of the enemy.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I know if I was an Autobot and saw that, I'd crap my proto-pants right there and then.

Then again, maybe it astablishes dominance? The Decepticon who owns the tower with the most bodies leads?

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I dont think its so much savage as it is barbaric :) 

But considering megatron is very much like a king to the decepticons it makes sense that like the kings of old they display their conquests. Heads on pikes sort of thing.

I just wish the buildings on cybertron were a bit more like buildings I guess but then again the limited shot could be like megatrons court at his main HQ.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The answer, as usual, is unfortunately nothing more than a cool visual. But i like where your head is at.
    For this, until I see otherwise, I'm assuming Megatron is essentially the same fanatical yet terrifyingly capable general he was described as in tech specs and profile books (just never really came together in the cartoon).

Stringing the bodies of your fallen opponents would serve as a devastatingly effective psychological tactic, especially at striking fear into a civilian population.

You called it savage, and it is, but that doesn't make the 'Cons savages. Just...well, excessively zealous might be the right phrase.

7. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Wow, with that said, you just draw this is my mind.

Innocent robots, going on with their lifes, loving, caring, being "humane".

then, BOOM. the start of Megatron's "revolution"!

loud as a thunder, everything crumbles, these robots that never done anything wrong are vaporized, their lifes, just, flash and it's gone. and the horror the survivors witness. Waking, seeing you body half-destroyed as you glance at the corpses of you kind, your friends, maybe even your brother, your lover! and then, you raize your head and *stroke* you exist no more.

I think that's pretty much the experience that sole surviving cybertronian had before being impaled by megatron.

I think he was neither a Bot or a Con, just a Cybertronian.

Which makes Megatron a Horrible demon-like personae, with no mercy or remorse of killing (Innocent) thousands of his own kind, It's genocide!

Gooo Lord, everytime I think of it, Transformers is faaaaaar away from a "stupid, silly toy movie"

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That's why I'd do it.

9. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Maybe the strung up bodies (either Civilians, or Autobots) are an example to all whom oppose Megatron, his cause, and his soldiers. Ironically, its also a form of 'Martyrism', whilst in the process of scaring the bejesus out of everyone not on the side of the Decepticons. Fear and Motivation work hand in hand. There are those who wouldn't dare go against Megatron after something like that while others will be moved to do something about Megatron and join the Autobots.

Either way, I wouldn't call it barbarism. Megatron's not so much as Barbaric as he is a ruthless.

10. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I like the way everyone is thinking in this thread.I like everyone's interpretation of that badass scene.

I'm with Squirrelcar on this.

11. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Its simple physiological warfare; similar displays of dead enemies can be found throughout human history, and not just in ancient times or in so-called "primitive" civilizations.

12. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Yeap, a good example is that the "real" count Dracula used to impale those who opossed Him and drink their blood to lower the morale of those who wanted to overthrow him.

13. neK

neK Is behind you...

It wasn't proven that he drank blood, but the impaling was.

Megs could be using it as a pychological thing, like Vlad (Dracula) a turkish force of 50,000 turned away from Vlads capital, because of the sight of 20,000 impaled corpses.

I guess it would have the same affect on an autobot. Seeing how evil Megatron hinted at, War-Crimes would fit the personality

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I was about to comment something similiar, but glad to see people are already thinking that are here. :D