Cybertronian: Not of this world!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PRIME AZASN, Dec 10, 2006.

1. PRIME AZASN

PRIME AZASN Member

Did anyone even consider that the Transformers aren't from earth? What a dull storyline to have a robotic planet with English as the primary language. I somewhat fancy myself a writer and would feel inclined to point this out during the script meetings before a single scene was EVER even shot. Why shouldn't they have their own language? The Klingons do, so do the binars. As well as many others in the fantasy realms. I just think that having their own language, then learning all of earth's languages would serve this movie well. It would also help in setting it apart from being a Buck Rogers type low level icon to being a Star Trek / Wars type high level icon. Nothing against old Buck. I just realize that there is a difference in that type of Sci-fi and a Star Trek / Wars type.

2. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Also, I think its funny that people are complaining about the leaked Megatron pictures. Cybertron is an alien planet, why wouldn't they look alien? I mean, in the cartoon, Megatron and the other robots looked in robot form just like they did on earth. The jets on Cybertron had OBVIOUS Earth jet parts, yet transformed into pyramid shaped flyers where earth vehicle parts disappeared.

Are we REALLY expecting that Megatron look exactly like his Earth mode self on Cybertron? That may have worked for the cartoon, but is total crap for a live action. We have NOT seen Megatrons earth mode yet, but people are so intent on whining and complaining.

3. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Do we know they don't have their own language in the movie? Do we know they don't come equipped with a universal type translator like Data in Star Trek?

4. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

It would be cool to have a scene where the learn to adapt to the English language. However this movie is not just based in America so multiple nationalities also could play a part.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

We know ;) 

this is touched on as well

At least in one version of the script it is, lets hope it doesn't get cut.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hope the chinese part stays in. that was great.

7. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    ba weep granna weep robots with friggin translators people

8. PRIME AZASN

PRIME AZASN Member

I know that it's not just based in America, but what language do you think you'll be watching it in at the Theatre? Do you think it will be japanese with english subtext? Let's exercise a bit of common sense, please!
    :lolol 

9. PRIME AZASN

PRIME AZASN Member

Believe it or not that's almost exactly what I meant. To see them struggling with not only the language, but with the slangs as well.

10. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

It's not like it hasn't been done before. Calm down.

11. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

As Dark Convoy pointed out, we know from the leaks that the language problem is indeed addressed in the movie.

And bits of cybertronian will be heard:) 

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Don't worry, they'll speak Cybertronian. Hell, Megatron disses Prime for even using our language.

PS: Konichiwa!

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I LOVED that. I very much dig the idea of Megatron being that much of a supremacist. I always thought he should be; it fits him so damn well.

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Agreed, I liked most of his lines. Too bad that he eats Sparks and looks like that, though. His looks don't really match that part of his personality.

15. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I hope they keep

Prime's little mishap when trying to speak to sam for the first time and speaks in Chinese. :lol 

I thought that was genius.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    big ol' ditto from me

FINALLY we're getting some awesome interpretations of the decepticons. instead of the same old "you havent seen the last of me!" "i'll get you next time!" blah blah stereotypical "bad guy" character we've gotten for the past 20 years

megs is such a badazz

17. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

*crosses fingers*

fish out of water'D

18. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Yeah. Not many people liked the Megatron design, but even if that's what we'll be getting with no changes, it'll still be Megatron. His lines are fraggin dead-on. It's the way he should have been in the first place, IMO.

Now if only there was more...

19. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Its funny, I dont see why people are complaining in the first place. WE HAVE NEVER REALLY SEEN MEGATRON CYBERTRONIAN FORM IN G1!!

In the cartoon, Megatron looked on Cybertron EXACTLY like he did on Earth. On an Alien planet, he looked like he would turn into an earth-based Walther P38 gun! This may be excusable for a cartoon, but if you said that all robots on a completely alien planet will look like they turn into earth based vehicles ... it is total crap. So you have to give him a completely Cybertronian ALIEN form ... something we have never seen in G1 so I don't know why people can complain he does not have enough cues from G1 Megatron. I really don't understand that BS. We have never seen Earth megatron either in the movie.

20. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    The writer messed up on the Chinese part... These robots can figure out what stage of puberty I am in and if I am progressing nicely, but they cant figure out that they (at the time) where in an English speaking Country? tsk tsk.