Cybertronian Languages

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OscymusPrime, Jul 27, 2011.

1. OscymusPrime

OscymusPrime Member

Does a language references(alphabet) even exist anywhere
    Has anyone had the time to decipher the writing on autobots and decepticons.

2. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Good question, but probably not. Transformers doesn't have the in depth history as say Tolkien"s LOTR marvels or even Star Trek for that matter. But then again, Avatar has a nice following after just one movie...............

3. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

I doubt it but that would be interesting.

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertronian languages, Live-Action Movie section and Cyberglyphics aka the symbols Sam was seeing in his head.

5. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember some guy on DeviantART had an actual lot of symbols. He made them up from watching the movie, and look almost official.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In most of the kids art books for DotM, there's a 'primer' for the alphabet. Unfortunately, it's rather generic.
    In the video game captures and some of the CGI images, the glyphs don't make sense against the given alphabet. For instance, the symbols on Shockwave's cannon are THIE, and elsewhere they're just things like FGHIJ. Seems like the animators just threw glyphs in to make them look good without having any real meaning associated with them.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You can download Cybertronian fonts from the Internet and use them.

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The ones I've seen (and admittedly have on my laptop) are more digital-appearing, and not movie-styled. Very angular with heavy/thin lines.

9. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found out I stored one. By no means it's done by me, I found it out on deviant art and I don't remember anymore oroginal source:

[​IMG]

10. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
  11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The Cybertronian symbols in the movies don't really have any meaning. There's an alphabet in some stories, a pictographic system like kanji in others. Maybe they have a combination of both, for different Cybertronian regions and dialects? In G1 and most other continuities, it's an alphabet, and the glyphs are usually used for Easter eggs. They have meaning, it's usually just silly.

12. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

I like very much that the Cybertonian aspect of the Transformers was emphasized much in the movies. The Glyphs are one of the best things in the movies, I just love them, the Allspark looks awesome, so do the glyphs on the bodies of Starscream, Megatron, Optimus, and the others.

The Cybertronian Glyphs in the films look similar to the Siddham alphabet, which i think also is one of the most beautiful writing systems in the world.

It may seem the glyphs are a pictographic system, like kanji. That is, one glyph represents an idea, but it seems they are also phonetic, as they appear like subtitles in the films when the Decepticons speak Cybertronian.

But no, they dont really mean anything, so far. Not even in the movies they have a counterpart in our alphabet, for example, a glyph can be used to represent an E in the movies, but then the same glyph appears again representing maybe an N in another phrase, so they dont have any meaning.

i guess its better this way. It helps to keep the mystery xD...some other fictional alphabets, like Kryptonian in Superman comics do have a real meaning and can be translated to our alphabet. But I think its better to have the Cybertronian glyphs without a real meaning, doing otherwise could, I dunno, cause millions of geeks to start learning cybertronian overnight xD...I think that we have enough of that with Klingon xD

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The Cybertronian symbols were one of the best things to ever happen to the bayverse. The first time I saw them was when Frenzy was speaking to Barricade about the information he had gathered, it was awesome.

Blackout, Bonecrusher, BrawL/Devs. & Barricade all spoke in cybertronian in TF1, then translated to englishg, that too was nice.

I wish they would have explained the tattoos on Starscream in ROTF, that way people the general audience would have some idea why he got them.

I got this saved if anyone wants it.
    [​IMG]

14. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Those are the glyphs in Sam's head :D 

If I ever had a tattoo, it would be cybertronian glyphs all over my body, like Starscream's or the others xD

15. thefinaldoom

thefinaldoom Well-Known Member

I think there's more than just one cybertronian language. Language of the primes and i guess regular cybertronian.

16. jinxed13

jinxed13 New Member

The glyphs do have meaning... it is the language of the primes. All transformers are born with the glyphs that have meaning based on their personality. Also the glyphs are numbers aswell. The autobots and deceptacons also have their own language, both grafiti and normal. Here check this out. I been researching so I can get autobot, cybertronian and deceptacon glyph tattoo

~{ Transformers: Shattered Destinies }~ - Cybertronian Glyphs List

17. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Well according to Jinxed13 Starscream has weapon/destruction and control tattooed on his legs...huh

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still don't know why Starscream still speaks it when he speaks english perfectly.

19. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    Ben Procter has some that he used for the alspark:
    [​IMG]

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While they might not have expressed it in the best way the Twins in Revenge of the Fallen seemed to indicate that there were older unused languages.

Since the Transformers don't seem to have one single unified language maybe some dedicated fan could work out an alphabet from the symbols we've seen so far. Sort of a fans version of Cybertronian.