Minor/Repaint: Cybertronian(ish) Sky Shadow [WIP]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crazyjeffy, Aug 19, 2012.

1. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

Hello! Jeffy here :)  I was browsing the Heavy section and found this, Cybertron Skydive by frenzyrumble, and I thought to my self, "Dang that's cool". Especially since I was really dumbfounded when I got Sky Shadow.

When I opened my Thunderwing repaint, my reactions were mixed. The alt mode was boss, and I liked the robot mode.... but something was off. The appendages didn't seem to match up to the awesomeness of the torso and head. So I took it upon myself to work off of frenzyrumble's idea.

The problem here is that I don't have generations scourge or energon Starscream, and I didn't want to spend the money to take apart a figure. So I went through my relatively small collection (~75 figures, 70% of which is Armada) and I finally found stuff to match.

This is still a work in progress, as I have yet to paint it and may include possible body modifications. Please feel free to comment and give your ideas, because this is my first time partswapping.

Robot Mode
    [​IMG]

Reach and Flexibility
    [​IMG]

Arms Up!(Generations Thundercracker's guns and skyshadow's on his back)
    [​IMG]

Alt Mode
    [​IMG]

Side View
    [​IMG]

Underside
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

I tried my best with the alt mode. Of course, there's the added kibble to make positioning the limbs harder, but if you mash it hard enough everything stays in place. Unless you drop it.

And if you can't figure it out, arms are from Generations Red Alert and legs are from PRID Ratchet.

I'm going to try my damnedest to paint his new appendages to match his awesome color scheme, but I'm still a novice... so hopefully I can do it. Will update this post when I'm happy with it.

P.S. ( I feel the need to explain this) I'm using my precious Ratchet's legs because he was a failed painting experiment and now he is a guinea pig. Luckily his legs weren't damaged in said experiment. Can't say the same about his back/roof/sides/chest.

P.S.S Please, please, please leave feedback. Good or bad. I need opinions to make this better. This is my second post in Radicons (I did an alright-ish PRID Megatron awhile back, got good results and made me very happy) and I didn't think partswapping was drastic enough to post under Heavy (though I have seen some there)

P.S.S I don't have a proper camera or shooting set-up, but I tried my best with my Android and my old DVD player casing underneath my fluorescent desk lamp.

Stay Flamin' ;) 

Attached Files:

2. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

this is great

3. Grievlocke

Grievlocke 5mm Addict

The bot mode looks awesome, those arms fit pretty well as long as the have the doors on them, but that won't b too hard to keep. The legs look really good in bot mode, but u might consider switching them out if you can, they look pretty awkward in alt mode, tho u could try to bash them a bit, maybe do something with them.

I'm sure ull get it figured out lol I like the direction!

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I would remove the car parts from the arms and legs. Then you might want to experiment with sheet styrene to reshape the parts.

5. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    P.S.S.S.S. This is great!

6. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

Thanks :D  I'm currently painting them and they don't look all the bad. I'm afraid if I do too much it'll make the pieces unsuable, and I tried everything I have and those legs are the only ones that fit on the joints.

I have no idea how to use styrene, or where to get it, or how much it costs :/ And if I remove all the car parts then I fear it'll look too bare, which is why I swapped limbs in the first place.