cybertronian green lantern?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RandyB2277, Aug 17, 2009.

1. RandyB2277

RandyB2277 Well-Known Member

Who would it be? I think Ironhide or Brawn.

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Pretty sure its been done at least by a fan, but he was a new TF from what I recall, I think it was one of the G2 toys that became a spychanger in RID but don't ask me which one it's been too long since I saw it written about.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Hound. He's already green.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It would have to be someone with a courage of 10, I'd think.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

cybertron vector prime for sure

i would go with solarius for the character name though

7. RandyB2277

I'm going to go with Ironhide for green lantern, but how about the new corps the exist now? Anyone have ideas which characters would work for them?

yellow is fear-Blitzwing
    red is rage-Grimlock
    blue is hope-?
    orange is greed-Swindle
    indigo is compassion-?
    purple is love-?
    black is death-Sentinel Prime

Try to stick to G1 characters. If you got a better idea than me I'll listen

8. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Snetinel?! why? Nova Prime was the one from the Dead Universe who killed people im pretty sure he should be the Black Lantern

9. RandyB2277

cause i don't have a image of nova prime that i can alter like i do of sentinel.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give it to Hot Rod, better than letting him have the matrix

11. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Please! We call know that High Beam is the Green Lantern of Cybertron. This is not my picture - I saved it years ago and I don't know who created it.

[​IMG]

and my weak custom

[​IMG]

12. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Beachcomber has got to be purple.

13. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Cybertron's Green Lanterns is obvious. It's BW Dinobot, High Beam, and G1 Optimus. Anyone saying otherwise is just being plain silly! ;) 

Though G1 Optimus is a prime candidate for Blue too, giving hope.

And he's very Compassionate, so Indigo...

And he loves his troops (platonically of course), so he's also Violet.

And he's dead a lot, so he can be a Black Lantern too.

Heck, let's just make G1 Optimus the True Ringbearer, like Hal Jordan seems to be.

...only in Optimus' case, he'd be interesting and not made out of cardboard. ;) 

14. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you're talking appearance, it's not a bad look for a GL, but few of them have such an ornate appearance.

If you're talking about VP himself, he's got more important things to do.

That's a pretty long list. You could pretty much drop any Decepticons off it, though, since the Green Lanterns look to uphold law whenever possible and maintain order. Neither of those are consistent with most Decepticons' personalities.

List from the resources section:
    Air Raid, Brawn, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Computron, Countdown, Defensor, Dogfight, Fortress Maximus, Getaway, Goldbug, Grimlock, Grotusque, Groundbreaker, Groundshaker, Hardhead, Hot Rod, Hound, Ironhide, Jackpot, Kup, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Optimus Prime, Over-run, Pointblank, Punch, Repugnus, Roadbuster, Rodimus Prime, Rollbar, Rollout, Sandstorm, Seaspray, Sideswipe, Sky Lynx, Superion, Topspin.

Bots who don't make the cut:

Brawn - really lacking in Intelligence and Skill.
    Cliffjumper - not as bad as Brawn, but still lacking in Intelligence and Skill.
    Computron - composite being who likely can't stay that way forever; also can be slow in coming to decisions.
    Defensor - composite being who likely can't stay that way forever.
    Fortress Maximus - not interested in unending struggle, would probably quit.
    Grimlock - contempt for the weak, and resents authority. The former would be most of why, but both together really doesn't do any good.
    Optimus Prime - too much conflict with the Guardians' fuzzy sense of morality.
    Over-run - takes orders from no one but himself. That won't cut it.
    Repugnus - kicked out fo the Autobots many times for insubordination. Might be secretly recruited for The Corpse, though.
    Roadbuster - not happy if not fighting. Probably too violent for the GLC.
    Superion - composite being who likely can't stay that way forever; lacking in Intelligence; dedicated solely to combat.

Skill would be the next most important stat, and Intelligence would be important as well. Other TF stats really don't matter so much as members of the GLC have such a wide range of physical ability. Bearing these in mind, the best of the best of potential candidates comes out to:

Countdown - Skill 10, Intelligence 10
    Grotusque - Skill 10, Intelligence 9. Affable and good-natured.
    Jackpot - Skill 10, Intelligence 9.
    Rodimus Prime - Skill 10, Intelligence 10
    Metroplex - doesn't make the cut on stats (Skill 9, Intelligence 8), but he's modest and berates himself for not doing more. He basically sounds like a real team player and is the largest and most powerful of the bots that have high potential. He would also be the largest, normally-mobile Green Lantern (Mogo isn't normally-mobile).

"You are capable of causing great fear", and you chose Blitzwing?

Let me introduce you to Dirge. Runamuck runs a distant second.

Well, for that, there's here (make sure to click on the pic to see the larger version). Also, the 4th picture down (2nd down on the left side) here is a decent one of Nova after renaming himself Nemesis Prime.

I'll have to get to the others later, but there seem to be enough rage-a-holic Decepticons around to fill that role better than Grimlock.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  15. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the green lantern corps select their members from those who have the ability to overcome great fear, not just having courage
    so hands down, it would be Grimlock, for green, he never quits, he stands up regardless of what the situation is, and hes super stubborn, hes alot like guy gardener, and he does somewhat care for smaller lifeforms as seen in IDW comics
    but why stop there?

Red-Rage- it consumes you into a beast, itll be Monstructor
    Orange-Avarice- well, its only Larfleeze, but his construct/identity theft victim would be Swindle who'd try takin somethin offa Larfleeze
    Yellow-Fear- selected members are capable of instilling great fear, Megatron alone, his name itself was sometime to fear
    Green-Willpower- Grimlock
    Blue-Hope- blue supercharges green, id go with Jazz, hes always in a good mood
    Indigo-Compassion- to be honest, i have no idea as we dont know enough about them, they turn the energies of other corps against them, so... no idea
    Violet-Love- all members are female... and have had love lost, so Elita-1
    Black-Death- IDW Galvatron, or Nemesis Prime, but it can be any dead transformer regardless of faction

16. Transfotaku

Someone needs to re-read the G2 comics where Grimlock meets Jhiaxus. ;) 

With all those criteria, Dinobot gets it without doubt. I mean, look at Code of Hero. That's what a GL does! Plus, his brain works, I'm not sure if Grimlock can even think of something for his ring to do. :) 

17. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Going back, there's lots of candidates for Red Lanterns:

Afterburner, Flamefeather, Rampage, Skullgrin, Submarauder, Tantrum, as well as the previous idea of Grimlock.

All of the Red Lanterns become nearly mindless, rage overcoming reason and making them subservient to Atrocitus. Grimlock doesn't make a good Red Lantern because he's intelligent, stubborn, and defiant enough that he might break free of Arocitus' control, which means he wouldn't be allowed into the Corp.

That makes the best possible choices either Flamefeather or Rampage. Someone might not notice the difference in Flamefeather if he becomes a Red Lantern, other than the fact that he would be capable of interstellar flight. Rampage brings a little more variety to the Corp, but that may not mean much.

Blue still takes some more digging. It's not just hope, the members are also about faith and optimism. Nothing comes to mind just yet, for me, anyway.

Indigo (the color no longer one of the colors of the rainbow) is supposed to be about compassion. First Aid would be the best apparent choice for that. However, in the one instance of the Indigo that we've seen, their compassion could be considered mercurial at best. The best one to fit into that mold would be Quickswitch.

And I would have to agree with that for Violet. There really isn't any other choice as far as G1 characters go.

EDIT: Forgot about Orange.

As previously noted by amd098, Orange is only Larfleze. Anyone wanting to take it from him would have to be greedy enough to want it and extraordinarily powerful in order to get it from him since he's been storing up power from the Orange battery in himself for a long time (and keeps it with him at all times). No Cybertronian that would be powerful enough is that greedy. So, anyone trying becomes one of Larfleze's orange constructs.

However, I think there is a better candidate to become that construct than Swindle. Swindle may decide not trying to get the Orange Lantern Battery is a good idea if he knows what he's up against (given his high intelligence and only average courage). Chop Shop, OTOH, well, the line straight off his tech spec is: "No challenge is too great; the more difficult something is to steal, the more he wants to steal it."

So, yeah, but still no good candidate for Blue.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  18. Transfotaku

Here's Cybertron's greatest Green Lantern.

PICT0295

19. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Deninitely Highbeam!

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits: