Cybertronian enviroments

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In my big list of improvements I want to see for the WFC series more varied environments was one of them. I really want the sequel to still be set on Cybertron and stay there the entire game. I feel there is a huge amount of room for stories and game play elements there. Plus I REALLY want to explore that world more.

But I do want some more diverse locations to fight. Yes what we got were pretty different to a degree but they all felt too similar. Just because the entire world is made of metal doesn't mean the entire game has to be set in metal canyons.

So I propose to you, arm chair developers and Transformers nuts. What sort of environments would you make on Cyberton?

For me, I would have more energon rivers. I would have large bodies of it. Lakes and oceans of it. Rivers and streams. I would also make it not damage you.

If the raw energon didn't hurt you and was a little clearer you could have entire sections of a map be flooded. I wouldn't let the bots swim in it though. They would just sink, maybe slower than falling. The surface would act as a barrier and if I can I would have weapon ranges drastically reduced while submerged.

I would also create something tree like and have a forest-ish area. Basically I'm picturing a trunk with branches and energon chips for leaves. Call them Chip crystalizers or something.

When I was sitting at a cottage on a lake during the 4th I was picturing the area as it would appear on Cybertron. In my mind it looked alien but beautiful.

I would also want to have maps larger and more open than they currently are. Our current maps (in multiplayer) are good but if I could increase the size and make them feel more spacious that would open a very cool gameplay situations. Vehicle modes would be more useful in multiplayer. Jets could dogfight. Tanks can bombard from far away. In short I would say look at any popular multiplayer FPS game with vehicular combat. Larger open areas.

Also I would love if they implemented some sort of map creation feature similar to Forge in Halo but more free form with different base maps.

But such is the wants of the gamer. We want everything imaginable.

2. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

Well, I would like to see a open plains area. The driving sequences were limited to racing down highways.

Now I am not sure that a forest is evocative on Cybertron. To me Cybertron is still an artificial planet, made out of animated metal, and has an origin as a factory built by an alien race.

But I do like the idea of a forest like area. In my version the trees would actually be solar collector panels. Or maybe a solar furnace array like the one in the American south west.

I enjoyed the cyber life critters in WFC. The space slugs, the previously unknown cyber jellyfish is the space bridge mission, and I count the energon harvester bucket critters in the area where the seekers take down the autobot transport for the inside out.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I didn't mean an actual forest either. Something forest like is what I wanted.

4. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a game with an open world environment, where you can play as a city bot and travel between planets or as a minicon, competing on a RC car race on Earth. Not this lame, boring shooting game we got.

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    While messing around with Seaspray yesterday, I was thinking about how it would be nice to have oceanic/aquatic levels.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see more rivers too, though I don't want to see my life deplete from touching it:mad  how does the very thing that give you life kill you?:rolleyes: 

I would also like to see more space jumping—I loved the whole hopping from space debris to space debris, making my way to Starscream’s post. However, I don’t think we should die for missteps:mad  Why can’t we just float in space, use the recoil of weapons to center us again or have flight capable allies rescue us—it is a team-centered game is it not?

I want to see Crystal City, Transorganics and some location—any location, really—with remnants of the Quintessons’ rein over Cybertron. Gladiator pits, massive ones would be nice too.

I want to see places referenced in comic books, novels, cartoons etc. I wouldn’t care if they treated the locations similar to Prince of Persia, in which you had to find these views points granting access to places in assessable—I just want to see them!