Digibash: Cybertronian Empire Soldier

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by coinilius, Jan 16, 2011.

1. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

While looking at pictures of the Generations Skullgrin head remold, I was struck by a potential repaint idea - the horned Cybertronian Empire soldiers that were present in the G2 Marvel comic.

[​IMG]

In the comic they really only menthol green and white colour schemes so I tried to add another shade for visual diversity, but I think the mold matches up pretty well (it helps that they were extremely generic as well). Unfortunately I don't have any good reference pics to show what they looked like in the comic.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, Mindset was their commander, and shares their colourscheme, and he has a Wiki page, even if I can't easily find any illustrations of his troops. I've already had my own crack at Mindset, using an HFTD Hailstorm.

The faceless troops actually tended to be combiners, with two robots combining into a single alt-mode; I believe this went for both the tanks and jets. The Animated jet twins could possibly work as a variation on this for the jetformers (even though the G2 guys formed the left and right of the jet, rather than the top and bottom), but I can't think of any figs that would easily work as a base for the tank guys.

I like your take on it, though. The colours work well here, and it'd be cool to see how it looks translated into 3D. ;) 

3. coinilius

Thanks Ramrider - and I really like your Mindset custom as well, the comic accurate head is great and the colour scheme is a nice update... when I was putting this idea together, trying to update the colour scheme so it would look good on an actual figure was the hardest part. That Mindset of yours was actual part of the inspiration for mixing a lighter green into the mix as well :p 

I remember the Symetrical Docking style jet commandos very fondly - had the same idea about the animated Jet twins too lol Don't really remember if the tank guys were combiners as well - the inspiration for this guy came while I was re-reading issue 1 of the G2 comic, where they appear quite a bit. I've included a quick montage of some of shots I used as refrence from the comic.

Attached Files:

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah, those lads - I'd almost forgotten about them. I don't even know what they're supposed to turn into. But yeah, your rendition actually works really well for them, in that case. :) 
    I have a feeling it'd work just as well in vehicle mode too, thinking about it. DOITDOITDOIT! :D 

5. coinilius

Lol yeah those guys - the head just seemed perfect, I mean, there aren't that many other characters Skullgrin's head could be used for :p  I would like to give the vehicle mode a try as well - have to try and find a suitable picture to work from though