Cybertronian Artifacts

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Tikin, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we all know that one of the big complaints people have had about Prime is the abundance of Cybertronian artifacts and tech on earth, so while we wait for season two how 'bout we take a look at what all has been found on our little blue pebble?

Remember: It was explicitly stated early in the series that the great war was fought on Earth (among other planets) that the ancients had visited us while humans were around, and there was a space bridge near by, implying that (if it wasn't recently built) the Cybertronians would at least have been near earth while traveling. I'm not counting Energon because it was seeded during the war and is the main reason both sides are still here, or Unicron for obvious reasons.

Masters and Students: Skyquake - Stated to have been placed on earth during the war as a guard and (for some reason) never activated. Found in a remote? canyon. Killed, zombified, trapped in alternate dimension.

Scrapheap: Scraplets - A trap for pests launched from Cybertron, speculated by Ratchet to have been eons ago. Found in the arctic. Frozen.

Deus Ex Machina: Energon Harvester - Hidden here by the ancients during the Greek era. Found in the hands of a Greek statue. Destroyed.

Sick Mind: Crashed plague ship - Implied to have crashed during the war, found in a desert and was likely mostly buried for a long time. Status unknown.

Metal Attraction: Polarity Gauntlet - Wartime weapon? Breakdown is shown digging it out in a fairly remote location. Kept by Autobots.

Partners: Two halves of a crashed ship w/ immobilizer as cargo - Stated to have been shot down during the war. One buried in a forest, other in a remote? canyon. Probably the most blatant example of 'how did humans not find this.' Ship intact, cargo kept by Autobots.

T.M.I: Information cylinder - Ejected from Cybertron during the war (I think.) Found in a remote? canyon, most likely just dug up/uncovered. Cylinder destroyed, (some) information about Synthetic Energon kept by Autobots and Decepticons.

So unless I missed any, 7/26 episodes involved lost tech. If I missed some tell me and I'll add them to the list.
    Thoughts? I'm curious to hear y'all's opinions on this.

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    The Scraplets weren't a wartime trap, they were specifically stated to have been ejected into space "eons ago" and then crash-landed on Earth. Eons is a long time when you're talking about Cybertronians, so my headcanon says that one was a pure accident from before the war.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should have an episode with a Decepticon stealing the gauntlet and immobilizer somehow and becoming uber.

4. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    /\ I'm willing to bet that'll be an episode later on. :D 

Ah, thanks. I had just remembered the trap part and made the wrong connection. I'll edit the first post.

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Immobilizer + Polarity Gauntlet = Telekinesis?

Anyway, that's a nice comprehensive list you have there. Not sure if the Key to Vector Sigma counts as "lost" tech, but Ratchet did call it a relic.

6. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Still wandering how the Curie Marriage manage to discover polonium, but not energon :peoples: 

7. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    If the Autobots still have the Polarity Gauntlet and Immobilizer and haven't destroyed them, I'd like to see them again in season 2, just so they're not completely forgotten about.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah the complaints on the Cybertronian artifacts content in TFP are really kind of exargerrated. I'm sure the Autobots will make use of the ones they have. They might need it especially since they have no leader for a while!

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that hopes Ratchet is forced to use them at some point as a reference to Animated Ratchet?

Or we could have Wheeljack start tinkering with them.

10. bulkhead2k

bulkhead2k Ba-con

I'd like to see more scraplets on Season 2. reminds me of sharkticons on g1

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to the writers we will. We just don't know how. But I believe that Starscream's fault for melting the ice cap. :ev: 

jD001

12. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I was actually thinking they'd find another one of those canister things when they [[spoiler:go out into space.]] The Cons would probably open it this time since they won't know what it is.

13. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figured that since it's implied Optimus had brought it with him and kept it this whole time I wouldn't count it, same as the matrix. :) 

I agree with everyone; there is no way the gauntlet and immobilizer aren't coming back at some point down the line, especially since the Autobots will likely be desperate these next few episodes... and there is that new 'con they'll probably want to capture and not risk killing...