Cybertron Wreckloose

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Beastbot X, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Got this guy today from Bills Toys, thought I'd share my thoughts on him, seeing as how I'm one of the first Transfans to get the littl' guy.

Wreckloose's beast mode has very good proportions, and excellent mold and paint detailing, especially on the underbelly-- little technorganic piping details abound. I think his colors go together fairly well, as they're all "lizardy" colors. The "armor head carapace" piece that fits on top of his head looks pretty nice unactivated, but it you put the key in and the antlers swing out, it looks pretty weird and really alien. I'm also not fond on how asymmetrical the Decepticon insignia placement is-- it's on the side of the head armor piece, but on the very tip of it-- just placing it smack dab in the center would have looked much better, I can't fathom why Hasbro didn't do that. His articulation is better than expected-- he has full articulation in the legs (except the ankles on the rear legs), and his back half can even move from side to side. His jaw can open and close too. Due to the way his back half is constructed, however, there's a noticeable gap in between his tail halves (which become his legs in robot mode) that's just large enough to kind ruin the "solidity" of the tail. That's probably my biggest complaint of the mode. Overall, a pretty solid mode, though.

Robot mode: Roughly on par with the beast mode, maybe slightly worse-- overall a pretty good mode, but has a few definite downsides to it. For one, the way the lizard legs hang off right leg is just ugly-- I would have preferred if the legs had shifted onto the outside edge of the leg, then they could have passed for a gun holster or something like that. The asymmetrically-colored legs also look a little odd, and the shoulder plates are hollow on the top, so they don't look as solid as they should. I also think the face looks a little ugly-- it's very organic and too exaggerated in its proportions, and it doesn't really fit with his rather calm-looking face in beast mode. Reminds me of some of the uglier early BW faces. The claws on the back of his hands also prevent you from bending his elbows all the way. However, the positives of the robot mode are definitely big positives; for one, Wreckloose is one of the most articulated basics I've ever seen! He can move literally anywhere you can expect on a toy (with the exception of the fingers and mouth which are pretty much impossible at this scale, of course)-- ankle, waist, head, multiple knee and shoulder joints, they're all there. He can even bend his lower legs sideways (inwards) if you want him to pull off some ballerina moves! The only articulation point I can find that isn't really prevalent on the toy is outwards sideways movement of the legs, but that's a rather minor point. And the joints are all nice 'n tight, too, so you won't have to worry about floppiness for quite some time. His clawed shield-weapon also looks pretty good in its normal position on the back of his hand-- though an unusual (and very appreciated) feature is that the weapon can also store on his back when it's not in use! Some of the little details in this mode are also pretty cool, such as the multiple straps going across his legs, making him looks like he's ready to holster all sorts of things there, and the cobra head-like pattern on his chest.

Overall, Wreckloose has a few downsides, but he has such great positives like super-articulation and nice proportions that they tend to drown those out. One of the better Jungle Planet toys-- recommended if you're a beast Transformers fan. 8/10.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get this guy... For some reason he's so weird that I like him...

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's the pics?

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to get Wreckloose too. I'll just wait until he pops up at Walmart or some other local dealer. Remy's got pictures.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I figured everyone's already seen pics of him that are better than I could take on my camera.

6. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i really like this little guy ~ he seems the most Beast Wars of all the Beast Planet guys (still think his accesory looks really goofy in Beast mode, especially with the antlers deployed) i'd hazard that he's my favorite Beast in the line (i've been mostly underwhelemed by them)

7. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

More pictures are never a bad thing.

I am looking forward to this little lizard.

A Komodo Dragon with a dash of moose.

aka

Wreck-moose :thumbs2: 

8. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I looked through Remy's gallery.

I admit he is a great looking toy sans the whole chip gimmick part. I especially like the scarring down to bare metal.

9. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

This was a lucky find at Target. The beast mode reminds me of a strange komodo dragon. For some reason it still came with the speed planet map. Anyway, he's another good scout size figure.

The komodo dragon mode looks really funky when you put on his antler helmet thing. The force chip pops out his antlers when inserted. The beast mode has pretty good articulation he can move his rear side to side.

In robot mode, his right leg is hampered a bit by having the beast legs hang off his thigh. The wrist area also moves awkwardly because of the front claws. Otherwise this articulation is top notch. He has waist, knees, elbow, and shoulder movement.

He's a nice pickup if you can find him.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Sonscreen, you lucky bastich! :p 

Andy

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just opened him and transformed Wreckloose. Man what a sweet lil' figure. Love the authentic looking kimono dragon beast mode-- and the quirky , nicely articulated bot-mode. Nice paint aps and a mean looking head. His bot mode is kinda weird, but not as weird as Undermine. Maybe they are 3rd cousins. I like how the flip-out antlers double as a double bladed sword in bot mode. Another outstanding Cybertron basic. This guy rocks!:rock 

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    damn you coasties! :p  almost always gettin figs first... it sucks being in a town under 100K!

Andy

13. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

He's awesome. He'd fit right in with the TM2 BW figures. I love how he can achieve that sweet "anime ninja/powerful guy on a flag pole" stance.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got him today. Definately one of the best basics in this line. Looks awesome in both modes. Good articulation. Definate A+

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I just got this little guy, and I must agree, he's a sweet little figure. Unfortunately, I think these shining reviews may have raised my expectations some... I would have liked a little more to the transformation - Clocker and Hardtop are perfect examples of how these little basics can still have more involving transformations. I give his transformation sequence a C+. Just slightly above average, but not at all spectacular.

However, his beast and bot modes, aesthetically, are AWESOME. This is NOT a beast (or bot) who I'd want to have a chance meeting with, unless he was in a good mood. Articulation is also great, but attaching the shield to the bottom of his arm is a little awkward. Not too sure how I feel about that... I would have preferred it to attach to the side. I don't see why that would have been a problem. I have the same gripe with Mudflap's cab-arm, but because of the design, it couldn't really be avoided.

I give this guy a B overall. Worth picking up, as long as you don't expect more than a basic.

16. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

cant wait for this figure

17. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Definately important to keep the rhetoric turned down on this little guy. He was a pleasant suprise, but given his US exclusivity I wasn't sure he'd be a decent figure at all (bad memories of Grimlock/Swoop). His weird antlers added another spoonful of doubt, but the final product puts those trepidtions to rest.

Very nice, well articulated lizard mode, arguably the best ever for a reptilian TF, but there really isn't much competition.

Robot mode is a nice sculpt, very TM2, and I love his big point feet. Lots of character in this design. Articultation a little limited in the hips and elbows, but more than adequate. Coloration is a bit patchwork, but it somehow fits.

The drawback is the antler hat/shield, which doesn't seem to serve much purpose, and is difficult to effectively use in robot mode (doesn't fit in the hand, and falls out of the intended slot too easily).

All in all, a nice basic figure, but not one we'll be talking about for years. Grade: B

NOTE: I agree that he is one of the better basics in this line, but then look at the competition: Overhaul has f'ed up arms, Scattorshot has no knees, Hardtop has G2 colors, Clocker has spotty paint apps, Ransack is misassembled, and Backstop is... Backstop. I'm not sure I'd say the toy is better than Undermine, Braekdown, or Armorhide.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol 

I found him last week or the week before, I think... Good pick up... Love his Two Face like features on his legs...

19. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Got this killer today and I love it! I don't like to have the antlers open in alt mode, but as a war helmet it IS cool, and certainly works well mounted on the arm of bot mode! he's unique looking, poses as a good kimodo, and his colors and savage bot mode just work wonders! don't skip this one!

Andy

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Wreckloose is actually a pretty cool toy...he totally reminds me of a TM2 or a Fuzor BW toy (komodo dragon and bambi?)

The lizard mode looks a hell of a lot better without the shield thingey, and I love the details! he robot mode is a little wonky, but it's an interesting transformation and pretty well articulated. I'd give it a B+