Cybertron would be a scary place

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 11, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you imagine life on Cybertron?
    it'd be as bad or worse than the stuff you see on nature shows, especially those in Jungles and Rainforests. You know, rat thinks that's a twig...oh it's a twig with a snake lying parallel to it.
    That looks like a good hole to hide from the rain...damn, i'm toast because i didn't see that ten pound Tarantula hiding in the back.

You're a noob Autbot, cruising down to the corner of Vector Sigma and Beta Trion streets, looking for a fembot and a lube, and before your spider sense can tingle, you're ambushed by a half dozen 'Cons that were parked along the curb.

If your CPU didn't get Windows 7 Paranoia updates installed every other cycle, you wouldn't last long.

really, to me, Cybertron (during the wars) would feel like a cross between
    The Matrix, where everybody COULD be an Agent, and Tet Offensive Saigon 1968. it's guerilla warfare gone beyond hyper OCD.

you guys agree?

2. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

Actually....Yeah, to some extent, I do agree, cause' it makes sense. I mean, you turn a corner and five decepticons kill you for the thrill of it. God, that IS scary.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    What would you expect? It's a planet-wide war!

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I have to agree, wartime Cybertron seems like a pretty dangerous place.

I'd rather live on Animated Cybertron.At least it's not constantly at war and it looks more comfortable.Seriously, with the way Animated looks i'd expect to live in some cozy little Cybertronian house or something while going about a normal peaceful life of being an awesome transforming robot and sippin distilled energon until I pass out into stasis lock for a few of hours.Wake up with a major processor ache.

I always thought energon would have a tingly taste to it.lol

But yeah, when a lamppost can transform and shoot you in the back it's time to consider moving.

5. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this made me LOL but I agree.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I wouldn't want to live on G1's Cyberton either. Cold, dead, empty planet? No thanks.

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At first I was like "What the French Toast?"

But I hear ya, your enemy is constantly in disguise. It seems like the planet would be very paranoid and prone to panic attacks.

8. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

This.

9. Blackout2505

Blackout2505 Well-Known Member

Cybertron does look like a very scary place. The version that scares me the most is the movie one. When I look at it it looks like a robot hell. The dead robots scattered everywhere dont help either. I do feel a bit sad thinking about the horrors that happened between the 2 factions for a planet to look like that :cry 

:bay :bay :bay 

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

some other cybertronians still live cybertron

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    It would be rather unsettling to live on Cybertron.

12. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I'd personally be more concerned about first breathing and then finding water and food.

Oh wait? As a Transformer? I'd probably be insane from all of the centuries of warfare. That can't be good for anyone's psyche.

13. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

If I was a robot in disguise, I would be a Decepticon. So thinking that while the planet is large and ominous, and turns into a giant robot itself (eventually), being the lurker would be a real kick. Watching all those little Autobots scamper and scuttle around like scared rabbits. I would laugh, and then kill them all.

End of Line

14. Slythe

Slythe Member

:lol 

No wonder the Autobots on Earth don't usually look like they're in any hurry to move back home.

Compared to Cybertron, Earth is a park and those neighbours you hate ended up sharing your campground.

15. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Well-Known Member

Also the planet is no longer in orbit and just merrily drifting through the cosmos.
    How long till it eventually drifts into the gravitational pull of a larger planet or even worse a sun?

Bob

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The IDW one is pretty terrifying too. A dead planet with little to no food sources, the storms that you have to keep ahead of....Not to mention seeing what your home has become: an empty husk of a planet, everything you know frozen in a destroyed state, never to be rebuild...

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

The Beast Machines Cybertron wouldn't be that great either. I mean, a choice between a mindless drone or an eco-terrorist? Those are some pretty sucky options.

Unless you're excited to be an eco-terrorist ;) 

18. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Well, imagine it from the other side as well. You could very well be the disguised thing others are afraid off. Most everyone has the same set of advantages where that's concerned and it's largely a matter of implementation to some extent.

Of course that does make one wonder, what about "regular" vehicles? Are there non-sapient machines out there doing scutwork? Most continuities do seem to imply or outright show that there are lots of "drones" of various sorts crawling over the surface or flying through the skies. There are also spaceships of various sorts, bases, factories, and so on.

The very first episode of the G1 cartoon shows Soundwave transforming into this...thing.
    [​IMG]

We can probably assume that whatever this is, it's common enough that someone passing by wouldn't immediately deem it out of place. My personal guess is that it's some sort of communications relay tower, since Cybertron seems notably lacking in artificial satellites (by "artificial" I mean placed there by the Cybertronians, not the mechanical moons), likely because of the incredibly high volume of orbital traffic and the fact that any such satellites could be easily engaged and shot down by spacefaring Transformers of either faction.

So it really depends on what you make of it, whether you choose to be the stalker as opposed to the target.

Also, one has to imagine that the local technology is likely multifunctional and customizable to a degree that would seem insane to a human. Just looking at the size differences among your "average" Cybertronians, things like control panels and even chairs must be configurable to accomodate a wide variety of sizes and body types.

I will admit, that was something I liked about the glimpse of Cybertron in the Bay movie. The fact that the very terrain shifts and changes probably wouldn't seem odd at all to the inhabitants, considering they've spent their lives there, and they themselves change form and function. Autobot City in the '86 movie was designed to transform as well.

Now the "devastated by war" part is something else entirely.

- Coeloptera

19. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

grim and gritty

my kind of place

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    There's a scene in IDW's All Hail Megatron where they drive by a similar object on Cybertron. My money is on payphone.