cybertron war status quo (and the nature of the allspark)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by KA, Mar 28, 2008.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i was rewatching the premiere and had these thoughts:

- the war was supposedly over for centuries. what has autobot/decepticons relationship been like? i mean, megatron's so awesome, how the hell have the autobots been keeping them in check in the periphery?

- also, with the the decepts ousted and allspark in limbo, why hasnt there been attempt to recover it?

- also also, is the allspark sentient? unlike in g1 where the matrix required activation, the allspark seemed to react to situations, like, transporting op's group to earth, beating starscream in that tussle with prime, 'communicating' with sari, etc.

looking fwd to the season finale where we can recap the season, yay!

edit: gah, title typo. a lil help mods, its supposed to war not wat.

edit edit: i also feel, the original naming of TF: heroes is more appropriate for the feel/tone of this series.

2. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    -Well, apparently the remaining Decepticons just ran off or something. If they're splintered all over space, it shouldn't be too difficult to get rid of one or two that show up on Cybertron occasionally. Probably what the Elite Guard does.

-Because no-one could be sure where it was. Heck, it could have been several galaxies away, out of range of their scanners.

-I dunno. If the AllSpark is such a powerful energy source, and something of a 'god' to all transformers, why does it seemingly favour the Autobots (Sari's key, stopping her abuse of it by showing her an image of Megatron)?

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    maybe thats why they have repair crews like op's fixing bridges in far away outposts? to look for the allspark secretly?

4. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Ooooh, nice idea.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The Decepticons have been looking for the AllSpark all this time,
    and it seems that it wouldn't be to ahrd to contact them.
    Blackarachnia did.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Probably because being abandoned in a derelict Decepticon warship helped in that.

7. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I get the feeling that the autobots greatly outnumber the decepticons in this version of the story, and the cons have set their efforts on finding the allspark and using it's power to enable a triumphant return and invasion.

I suspect that the autobot high command has been secretly looking for it, but without making a big deal about it to the population of cybertron, to downplay it's importance so the public don't worry about what would happen if the decepticons found it first.

I think it must be at least semi-sentient as it reacts to situations independently, and although it seems to favour the 'good' side of the battle, it might turn out to be a bit more arbitrary than that, perhaps only taking action against threats to it's existence, which may not always mean siding with the autobots?

I don't know if all that's a bit over-analytical, but I am very much enjoying this series and how everything is coming together. The writers are doing a very good job.

8. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Nice. I like this conspiracy theory. Would be nice to see a scene with Magnus and Optimus where Prime finally finds out why they were really out there.

They know they have to find it before the Cons do, and maybe the Bots know that the Cons are out scouring the Galaxy for it.

That could be a really cool plotline if it wasn't just an 'accident'...

9. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I'm a bit too much into the whole Primus and Unicron thing. I think the Allspark is fully sentient and is doing what it is doing for a greater cause, not actually siding the Autobots.

I posted this before twice:
    Why the Cybertron authorities haven't been looking for the team on Earth could be because Earth is not in their navigation records. They could be like us humans and have absolutely no idea a different from of biology exists and is intelligent, they could have assumed organics are just simple and primitive lifeforms incapable of sentience, hence organic planets being 1) out of bounds 2) unexplored 3)unrecorded.

Why they haven't been searching for the Allspark? The above guys have great ideas. Maybe the Decepticons haven't really been defeated, but they retreated knowing that without the Allspark it could be a stalemate and they would lose their numbers meaninglessly. Hence they fell back into space.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I was under the impression that the Autobots, like in the movie, "got rid of the AllSpark" to end the war, hiding it through space bridges to continually keep it out of Megatron's hands and so he would have NO idea where it is. And that's why the war ended, Megatron left to seek the AllSpark and the Decepticons were then easily defeated on Cybertron.

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

First off, I just have to say that I am in 100%, complete and total agreement with this comment. Though I do know why they changed it (to prevent confusion with their chibi '***-Heros' lines) that doesn't mean I'll agree with the actual change. 'Animated' is a silly and redundant subtitle for a series that has always been animated.

As for the other questions:

-Megatron hasn't been seen on Cybertron, or anywhere for a long time from what I saw. It was a surprise to the Autobots that he attacked, as they didn't even believe the Decepticons still existed with that sort of force and firepower. Once Megatron dissapeared, the rest of the 'cons became easy pickings so they weren't as big a threat to the Autobots.

-We don't know for sure if an attempt was made or not, but we do know that the Allspark was supposed to be lost to the cosmos to everyone. It was almost nothing more then rumor or legend by the time it was actually found.

-It certainly does have sentience of some kind. Though it may not be anything we can comprehend. It seems to be apartially doing what it wants to for it's own reasons, and those reasons are, and should be, a complete mystery.

That's actually a good theory. It would be easier to hide it if it was continually moving from one corner of the galaxy to the other. And the Autobots could have been sent to repair that gate because the higher ups knew what those remote bridges were actually for and didn't want a broken one screwing up the plan. Which it ultimately did apparently.