Cybertron Vector prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SPLIT LIP, Dec 27, 2005.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was on a spending spree at a local store that carrys vovagers, there were 2 Evacs, Mudflap, and Vector prime. I grabed one of the Evacs and MF & VP and thought to myself " Oh Split Lip, why did you pick up Vector prime!?" and all the bad things ran through my head, "Floppy sword!" "Horrible white!" "Under painted!", skipping ahead, I opened VP and prepared for the worse! I was mostly wrong.

Safeguard:

Safguard is a small ship much like Vector prime and serves as a weopon in both his modes. In robot mode he is very neat and well articulated with 10 points, impressive for a mini-con!

Mini-con rating: 8

Vehicle mode:

In vehicle mode Vector prime is like an ancient spaceship, and what a ship! The sculpt is magnificent! The paint apps may be few, but there so neatly applied!
    The white is okay, but I would've liked light grey. The maroon is nice, but the brown stands out more and in comparison, the brown makes the marron look like a dark pink! He is sculped with gears and oriental designs all over him, with large wings with solar panel designs in them. The wings are made of rubber but can warp. His main feature in this mode is a firing progectile located at the front of the vesel. The missle itself puzzels me, its the same translucent plastic as everything else but its not rubber... hmmm...

Vehicle rating: 8.9

This is an impressive vehicle. Its a shame the white hides some of the detail. Don't let the colours destract you from a wonderful product here.

Robot mode:

The robot mode is where the mixed feelings get lost. He is an impressive figure: tall, posable, fun, simple but not to easy transformation, What more could you want?: light grey instead of white, no more rubber, better paint apps, theres quite a list. I'm going to skip to Vector primes sword, Its rubber, so what? well it does warp but mines straight and I'm keeping it that way. Vector prime is nice, I like him, or atleast the one I own. He's fun and I don't regret buying him.

Vector prime has 13 points of articulation in robot mode.

Robot rating: 8.3

Deffinatly one of the best figures I own, people gotta stop looking so much at the bad, and focus more on the good. If you don't already have th GF version or this one, I recommend it. :thumb 

2. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After watching the G1 Episodes where Alpha Trion plays a big role I started to get interested in the history of TFs... which led me to this;

This Vector Prime version is kickass, even without all the extra detail. He's going to turn that color from age anyway, so why shell out the extra $50 bucks for one that's already faded? And it's not like he's missing some really amazing extra stuff when compared to the GF version (nothing at the level of MP-01 to DVD Anni Prime).

Cant wait to get mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Im so glad I picked up the Galaxy Force version right after it came out. The Hasbro version just irks me. Especially his Cyber Key, WTF NO PAINT!?!

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Uber-old thread revival!!!!111!!!!!

I want this guy, but my dad will only buy me movie stuffs at the moment. is his transformation complex/satisfying? After Armada I'm not buying anymore "generic" transformations

5. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    No, it's not complex at all considering his size.

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's not generic at all. He's got one of the best bot/alt mode combinations of any TF I've ever seen. You can use him as an Alpha Trion in your battles and have him go toe to toe with Shockwave.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vector Prime was one of my favorite new characters to come out of the past decade of Transformers (I even made that pic' so I can use it as my avatar). I didn't post on threads like this when he first came out- and then when I started to read them more a little over a year ago, I was surprised to see so much negativity about him. Sure, his paint aps may not be up to snuff with GF, but not so much to pay an extra $20+ in my opinion. He is pretty easy to transform, but I honestly never had a problem with easy tranformations just as long as both modes look good, and I think they do here.