Cybertron Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by payres, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Looser than a $2 whore. If you can get past the looseness, grab him. If not? Pass. Not the best toy, but better than some.

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The legs on mine were loose but nothing a few touch up's couldn't cure so he's all nice and stiff now.

Overall great toy, would very much recommend this guy. Awesome in both modes and very similar to Sideways in many respects which is a good thing.

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Ive had him for a while now, and I have to say. he is one of.. if not my favorite figure in the cybertron line. I really like the detail that went into his face.

4. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Got it earlier in the week. Totally has the evil badass look down pat! Hips aren't really lose on mine but I've only transformed it once so far.
    I'm thinking about supergluing the big panels on the sides of his legs in place. I don't think doing this will interfere with it's transormation. Has anyone tried this?

5. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

Opened mine Wednesday.Had a little trouble figuring how transform him once I did he stands perfectly.

My only issue with him is depending where you display him it's hard to see his face/head.:banghead: 

So I give him a four out of five thumbs up:thumb 

6. Bertson

Bertson Unreconstructed Elitist

Got one from a speciality store today.

I love him, the Planet X aesthetic has been my favourite in Cybertron so far, and he fits right it.

THe hips are loose on mine as well, but some nail polish will clear that up.

I don't know why they even bothered making the shell pieces on his legs move, as they don't have to be lifted up for the transformation.

The Hasbro instructions are a total disaster once again when it comes to the legs.

7. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    hehe you see I don't have one ethier dint have the money and when I was little (time of armada)I flat out hated the deceptcion heck ive just now started getting some hehe ebut now I want a unicron so this one will be my first

8. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

9. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Joints are a bit floppy, but I still like it. Pretty unique, and I like all the planet bits hidden throughout. You can't go wrong with a Unicron toy. I even like my McDonald's Energon Unicron. :p 

10. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    I know, but I added an extra step to the transformation by rotating the shell pieces 180 degrees in bot mode. I see them as deflectors... if he ever gets shot in the legs!!!

11. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Got him today, add a touch of nail polish.

Presto one fantastic, if slightly fiddly in Alt mode Pint sized chaos bringer.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
  13. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The legs don't notch in all the much for tank mode.

The longer of the two "armor spikes" don't fit in the hand so well, the peg is rather shorter than on the package photo so the arm itself gets in the way of the spike.

All in all it's an adequate design and a great translation of the Armada Unicron toy into a smaller form.

14. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

I picked up the Deluxe Uni today on a totally random find. I happened to be back in my rural hometown for a few days, so I stopped by the lone Walmart to check the toy aisles. The TFs were, shall we say, badly in need of a restock on all fronts, which is about typical for that store. That is, except for the lone Unicron sitting on the front of the peg. No ugly Demolishor. No Bendy Prime repaint. Just Unicron.

Yeah, I agree with everyone here- his legs are a bit floppy. I think it's mostly because of his top-heavy design.

Other than that, I think this is my favorite Cyb figure yet. The pics don't do justice to the amount of mechanical detail that was crammed into such a small figure. The light-piping for eyes and the removable legs that can be used as weapons are icing on an otherwise inspired design. The transformation is just complex enough, without being the half-hour puzzle box that a lot of the Alternators have become.

This is a great figure in the Deluxe line. Buy it if you can find it.

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I did the spider mode, but bent his legs inward to stick out under the cockpit as those palp thingies spiders have on their mouths. (i really should know the term.)

I will be repainting C-Unicron (the 2nd one i get) as Cybertron Scavenger, also adding the bw scav head if possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

As people have said already, Unicron is Flippy McFloppy, with weapons and parts that fall off, don't peg securely, or just plain fall over.

That said, it's still a cool design. I like the idea of a little baby Unicron having to eat his way back to planet size. The design of the toy is a very, VERY obvious homage to Bludgeon (complete with blades, armor, and a sort-of tank mode) -- but there are enough borrowed bits from the Armada design to disguise that.

I find that the leg armor tends to jut out past the feet unless rotated out of the way -- in fact, rotating it 180 looks a lot better to me -- displaying the legs and making the plates look less chunky.

Solid B+.

-XCN-

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I second the 180 degree rotation - I did that instinctively when I transformed the guy.

First impression - huh, smaller than I thought! I dunno, I expected him to be bigger. But, as it happens, the design works very well at the size. He's a perfect scale. Glad I got him, he's a solid toy. Bit weak at the hips but not anywhere near as bad as some must have it judging by what you're saying.
    If this is what happens when you make a Supreme sized toy into a smaller scale, let me be the first to suggest a deluxe Primus in a future line!

18. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I love this toy. I seem to have gotten lucky on the floppiness thing, as I've had no problems at all with Unicron's hip joints. This is the second time I've gotten so lucky, as I also haven't had any problems losing limbs off my Titanium Prime.

It's the little things that make this toy stand out. The skull-like face because he was dead and is rebuilding himself, the maw on his chest, the spines; everything just scream mini-Unicron. I especially like the parasitical look to his tank mode -- it looks like a big treaded tick. He can no longer eat worlds, so now he must content himself with bleeding them until he regains his power and size.

Great look in both modes, great articulation, fun transformation; I give this toy an A-.

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like him. Sure he's floppy, but he just screams....Bludgeon!

20. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I was excited to find this guy.

Then I opened him.

His legs are flimsy, his weapons don't stay in his hands, there are horrible mold filling point marks, and he is FLIMSY!!!!!!

God I really want to like this guy.