Cybertron Ultra 'bonus' packs out in New Zealand...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starscream NZ, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I originally posted this at TFNZ, so if frontpaged, please credit TFNZ, thanks

Right well, went to my local Warehouse today in search of some new TF's, mainly Primus since it seems everyone but me has gotten him in their local shops. But no Primus, but they had some cases of new toys, with no markings on the cardboard boxes, being the eager beaver I am, I sneakily opened the boxes to have a peek to see what was inside (they were sealed shut). To my (at first) dissapointment, it was a case of Ultras, nothing I was too interested in, then I noticed there was also some scouts in the box......but stuck to the Ultra's. What I first thought was yet another Mudflap (and he's a Voyager) I found to be CD Red Alert (first time i'd seen him) and....packaged with him was....Ransack GTS! This upmost suprised me, as I didn't expect to see these two packaged together (and retailing for normal price of a Ultra). So i opened two of the other cases, there were also some Dark Scorponoks and more Red Alerts. One of the Dark Scorponoks also had the Gigantion Mini-con three pack.

Whats also interesting is that these figures (the Ultras) have the 'space camp' competition stickers, something that the NZ release of these toys never got, since that competition wasn't for outside of the US.

Suprised, and glad to finally find Red Alert, I purchased him, and here's a pick to prove my story.

[​IMG]

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nice! Great find.

3. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cheers,

I wish i had opened all the other boxes, because when I went back in today, the stock was all on the shelves, and there was a Red Alert with Giant Planet Minicons, which is what i'd have preferred to Ransack GTS (who i've yet to open). Still, I didn't want to get caught scurrying through the stores stock....it'd have been on security cam probably, but oh well, I wasn't stealing anything, camera's probably filmed me there every couple of days anyway, just a pity there was only Dark Scorponok/Red Alert and not any Sky Shadow or Wing Saber.