Cybertron trilogy.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Nag, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Nag

Nag Dinobot Commander

So, i've been thinking about this for awhile now.... i'm guessing that High Moon are aiming for a trilogy with these games, if so it could be a very long wait before we see the conclusion and its a fair bet that it won't be on this gen of consoles.

There's virtually no chance of a release next year (two years between War and Fall) plus High Moon are working on the Deadpool game. So how about 2014, doubtful as we have a movie due in that year and you'd think a game to go along with it..... so is 2015 a reasonable guess?.... we're going to be well into the next gen by then.

Something to think about.:) 

2. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    Actually, they haven't actually planned anything; Matt T admitted that they just go with the flow, or something along those lines, based on how their products are received. I'd put it at 2016, actually; even if they do want to release games annually, they'll have to actually sit and plan the sequel out.

3. Nag

Nag Dinobot Commander

A four year wait would be crazy imo, it would almost require some sort of re-boot.

4. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

There was a picture showing the timeline that pretty much confirmed a 3rd game, I'm thinking it would be on Earth. Not sure though so don't hold me to that.

5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Would it? it was 4 years from Portal 1 and Portal 2, it's 5 year wait for Halo 3 and, Halo 4

6. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

Matt had mentioned in a interview that the Transformers may not go straight to Earth. They may end up on a different planet first, or something to that effect. It was something he said in a interview during E3, I'm just to lazy to look for it.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure HMS has something written down, ideas that didn't make it into this game or the last, but whatever the case, I'm sure Matt and co have something in mind already. And as point out in the post above mine, there is a time line, the one with "the journey."

We already seen the War for Cybertron, and we'll soon see the Fall of Cybertron we already know what's next, don't we? Sure the Autobots have ceded their home to their twisted brethren, but surely some long to go back home, and the Decepticons want to restore Cybertron to its former glory. I wouldn't be too surprised if HMS borrows a former toyline name for the title of the next game, Heroes of Cybertron.

With Cybertron being in the Hands of the Decepticons, it may make sense for the brunt of the story to be a Decepticon one with the Autobots taking point here and there. I would like to see both factions taking the role of hero, allowing both to equally contribute to the planets restoration.

With the Autobots being out gunned and out numbered, I assume the sequel will be another Empire Strikes Back sort of story in which the heroes are absolute lowest point yet again, doing what they can to fend of Megatron and defend humanity. However, as Shockwave makes significant progress in Cybertron's restoration and perhaps a move for power, Megatron could be forced to cut things short on our world. And perhaps this is when toying with Dark Energon comes back to bite him and his world in the @$$ with Unicron's arrival, forcing both the Autobots and Decepticons to unite (even if only temporarily) to save their rebooted world.

Whatever the case, I think HMS is going to have the story centered around Cybertron again, the story has always been about Cybetron, so why differ?

Anyway, I figure Cybertron is going to be in the title as it is now.

• Heroes of Cybertron
    • Hope for Cybertron
    • Restoration of Cybertron
    • Call of Cybertron (should never be abbreviated)
    • Return to Cybertron
    • Guardians of Cybertron
    • Glory of Cybertron
    • Darkness on Cybertron

...etc., etc.

EDIT:

Had HMS not made DOTM, it is quite possible that FOC would have come out last year rather than this year.

8. Nag

Nag Dinobot Commander

Apart from ODST and Reach being released inbetween to keep interest up in the Halo universe.... and i can't comment on Portal, is there an overarching story to that game?, i've played neither.

9. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd like to see the next game involve the journey to Earth with perhaps some new planets along the way e.g. Quintessa, Planet Of Junk etc.

Perhaps a title such as: Desertion Of Cybertron

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea of planet hoping, but I'd hope such a thing was limited to just a few places, with the journey finally ending at Earth. I'd also like to see enough time pass to establish humanities relationship with the Cybertronians...I wonder if this can be done in one game:confused: 

11. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Yes, However there is an unknown amount between Portal 1 and portal 2, it also takes place in the Half life universe, which hasn't had a game since 2007, and even that was just an expansion pack.

12. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

It is also possible that if High Moon has hired more people they could be working on Deadpool and Transformers at the same time or finish Deadpool faster and start working on transformers quicker. We still don't know FoC ends so maybe they will make it closed off for a sequel or leave it open ended.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Matt said it ends at the wormhole--we see them go in, but do not know where they come out. I think this is where he mentioned they might go to other worlds before settling on Earth.

The WFC team split into to camps to make both the movie tie-in, DotM, and FOC, I see no reason for them to hire a new team, seeing that they have capable folks already.

14. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    That would be easy. They said that
    the game ends with them going into a wormhole, with no idea where they would end up.
    So that's practically a confirmation of a third otherwise it's just plain mean.

15. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

I really hope at some point in time they make a prequel to wfc.

I want to know what things were like when zeta was leading, how megatron found out about dark energon in the first place, and WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE WHOLE MYSTERTIOUS PAST THING OPTIMUS HAS GOING ON. Seriously, they may have explained that in exodus, but alot of people didn't read that. And besides, with all the plot holes there is no telling what really happened in the game's universe. I'm tired of playing campaign and hearing optimus say things like "that's a story for another time" and "blah blah blah for what happened so long ago" without knowing what the heck he's talking about!!!!!!

16. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I agree 100%. I actually said something similar in another thread awhile back. I would love to see Megatron's rise to power. I want to see what started the war.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I wouldn't mind seeing this game, it doesn't sound like a Transformers game. Such a game would need to be Megatron centered, IMHO, the gamer playing Megatron from start to finish, reliving his experiences. In other words, on campaign: Megatronous.

I wouldn't mind seeing this myself--I think it would be great for the series, as it could help to better explain Megatron's motivations for WFC.

I could see this story being very much like Star Wars' Path to Destruction, Darth Bane's origin:D 

If the story started in the Kaon mines in which Megatron worked as a miner (the hardships and lower castes), his defining moment (perhaps something he found in the mines, something from the ancients--a lost era showing Cybertron at the height of its glory--the moment that spurred him on to unravel the corruption of the council), the Pitt (his rise to fame and perhaps the beginning of his fall/corruption), his meeting with Orion and the High Council (Megatron's vision for Cybertron's future and falling out with the council), and concluding with the Decepticon uprising I think would have a very fun story and game.

A Megatron centered game with Soundwave functioning as a support character with occasional assistance from the likes of Shockwave and Optimus could be a pretty fun game.

18. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Reading this and thinkin about it...

A Megatron-centered game could be incredibly badass, showing the rise of the people's hero and his harrowing fall into corruption.

Also, written by James Roberts. 10/10 GOTY would play

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    How about a Video game based on the "More then Meets the Eye" G1 Premire set on Earth with Free roam?

20. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

personally i would love to have a third game where the autobots and decepticons stop on several planets such as velocitron and gigantion rather than having a game set on earth.