Cybertron Swerve and his 16 bodies

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    According to Swerve's Cyber Key Content:

So, body #1 was, for all intents and purposes, something like Crumplezone's - let's say, for argument's sake, it was a red repaint of one or the other of the two versions.
    Body # 16 is the Clocker repaint we all know.

What about #2 through #15?

I'm under the impression this content is a veiled allusion to the many different Swerve toys we've had over the years. 16 bodies means Swerve, in the Cybertron universe, could have been all his previous incarnations - or at the least, reflections of them.

So, what have we got? As well as Crumple-Swerve and Clocker-Swerve, we have:

G1 Swerve
    Universe Swerve
    Corvette Swerve

I think it stands to reason that G1 Swerve, being far from speedy, would have been fairly high on the ladder of Swerve forms. The Corvette would be after that but before Universe, being that it is distinctly faster, but lacking a lot of the really high tech super fast components. Also, you might make the argument that the Corvette, G1, and Crumple-Swerve had all had the same - or similar - heads, which ultimately got remade along the way for ever greater speed and reduced weight.
    The Universe one is the oddity, though. The way I see it, he could well come after the 16th Swerve, Clocker-Swerve. Unicron draws in from different realities and timelines, so supposing Universe Swerve were Cybertron Swerve himself and not merely a parallel version, could he be an even later form?
    I find that unlikely, since the basic inhabitants of Velocitron had that body and they weren't all that fast, not considering Clocker was in the Great Race and they weren't!

So, the rough continuity of Swerve incarnations, assuming each were one of his previous appearances (hey, nobody ever said they weren't):

#1 Crumple-Swerve
    ~ G1 Swerve
    ~ Alt Corvette Swerve
    ~ Universe Swerve
    #16 Cybertron Clocker-Swerve

The ultimate question, though, is who on earth would the other eleven forms be! Assuming each of these other bodies are also based on existing "Race" type TFs, what do we end up with?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    its entirely possible that some are just slight variations of previous bodies as well. look at dark crumplezone for example. new body, but not that different from his old one.

3. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Swerve: "....Like my body?"
    Audience: "WOOOO!"
    Swerve: "Make me feel beautiful!!!!"
    Audience: "WWWWOOOOOOO.....hell yeah! WOOOO!!"

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Impressive. He has more lives than The Doctor.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I have C. Clocker. He's my favorite basic mold.

I hate buying straight repaints. The only one I've EVER bought was C. Excellion (I prefer the "Exillion" spelling, personally, but... meh), because of the Hot Rod homage, and, well, I love that freakin' mold.

But seriously... C. Swerve seems to have some MAJOR character going for him. Well. He has lots of character in a lot of the character points I like.

I really think... I have to pick this guy up. As much as I don't want to spend another $7 on a basic.

And off topic... really... if a Deluxe is $10, a Voyager is $20 and an Ultra is $30 (Unless you shop at Target... which is TOTALLY the way to go)... why the heck are Basics $7? Seriously... if Basics were $5 a pop, I'd probably have a full set of Cybertron Basics. But $7 + tax for a figure that's half the size of something that costs only $3 more... I dunno. I don't like that idea. All the other price points feel appropriate. Sigh.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I like to think of it as base fee(figure, packaging, shipping via the slow boat, shipping to store) and then upgrades as the sizes increase. The Deluxe to voyager jump has to do with shipping boxed figures rather than carded ones. [/Soundblaster's crazy idea]

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    He went from Crumplezone to, say, 4 other bodies until he hit Earth, shrinks himself down to a mini truck(and by all continuities, mini-bots always remained mini). I'm under the assumption he could normally choose his form at the point he arrived. Why choose a pickup? Maybe he was extensively damaged and had no choice for some reason?

120 is nothing compared to Cybertron and Velocitron speeds. But I suppose he had to be content at driving faster than the natives until the Binaltech program kicked in. I would bet he gave himself the disease just to get in, knowing the forms they were handing out were new, sleek cars.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, no kidding. Tracks has a speed ranking of 7, and his bio says his top speed is 300mph. But then, Swerve's speed was 5.5. So yeah, them Cybertronians got some crazy-ass engines.