Cybertron Summaries?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KanedaX, Jul 31, 2006.

1. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    So, this is a post similar to one I made a few years back when Energon was reaching its finish, and now that the final "New" molds are making their way onto the shelves, it might be a good time to start closing the book on Cybertron.

So here's my question(s) to all: What did everyone think of the line? How does it compare to previous lines?

What figure was the best? What figure was the worst? What figure surprised you with its quality, what figure disappointed you with its crappiness? Any particular Planet Key features were above or below average?

Let's hear it, people!

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I think the line was good, I liked the concept behind it, the history, etc.

Comparing the Cyber Key feature with minicons, I prefer the minicons for the simple fact that they are a bonus figure :D 

IMO, the best figure was Vector Prime, due to the detailing of the toy. I also liked Hot Shot a lot, it's a nice sculpt.

The worst figure, Runamuck. I hate this mold since armada Sideswpie, and I don't think the repaints have made it improve.

Vector Prime's Cyber Key feature was a little dissapointing, because it just activates sounds; other Cyber Keys had more special features, like Starscream's or Crumplezone. Armada Overload didn't need an extra item in order to activate the transforming sound, so I think Vector Prime's key feature was weak.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    OK,
    IMHO
    Hits- in no particular order:
    Optimus, CD Scatter shot, Soundwave, Sideways, Crosswise/smokescreen, Downshift and Primus.

Misses-
    Supreme Starscream, Override, and the combo of Leobreaker and OP.

As a whole the series was a hit. The toys were good and aside from the armada re-tools, everything as far as the toys was pretty good.
    As for the series there were plot holes, continuity errors and a whole lot of other mistakes that drive me crazy. The kids were better, but I really question a teenager’s ability to fix and work on alien technology, but meh...

Over all I liked it, It was a nice combo of Playability and poseability.

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I liked Cybertron much more than Armada and Energon. I haven't watched many of the episodes, of course, I haven't watched many of the TF cartoons since G1; I just can't stand that whiny Power Rangers nonsense. So, my response is directed squarely at the toy lines.

I think we've gotten the coolest TV series related Prime and Megatron since G1, and I feel that the rest of the line, on the whole, is the best since, well, G1. There haven't been too many shelfwarmers, and there have been several REALLY cool figures.

I would have to say that Megatron is my favorite figure. He's just solid looking and slick, all at the same time. I don't usually hoot for the bad guys, but he is one cool toy.

The worst character, uh, maybe Overhaul, or Demolisher, or the Armada Sideswipe repaint.

I haven't been unimpressed with the quality of any TF in a long time, and since I keep most of my stuff MISB, I don't have much playtime experience with the TFs in this line.

Crappiness? Again, I don't have too much experience with most of the TFs in the line, but Supreme Starscream was much simpler than I hoped he would be; and I hate his hollow looking legs.

5. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    I personally loved Cybertron. Removing the nostalga factor of G1, it's the best line so far, toy-wise.

Here's what I got:

Best Toy: With much love for Galvatron (Megatron with a much better paint job), I'm going to have to go with Scourge. And this is coming from a guy who usually hates Beast figures. Creative transformation, great color scheme, fun weaponry. Honorable mention: Galvatron, CD Scattorshot, Wing Saber, Mudflap.

Worst Toy: Lugnutz. Bad name, ugly robot, and a transformation that refuses to hold for me. Honorable mention: Override, Thundercracker, Overhaul.

Biggest surprise: Brakedown. I bought him not expecting much, but I absolutely love him. One of the best scouts to come out in a long long time. His arms are a little stubby, but he has a great color scheme, fantastic arms, and just this, I don't know, regalness about him. Honorable mention: Snarl, Landmine, Evac

Biggest disappointment: Thunderblast. I wanted so much to like her, but she suffers from the same issues as Arcee did. Far too feminine for her own good, she's tough to balance without using her cape, and her wrists hold her weapon, not her dainty little hands. Plus she's basically a shellbot, which sucks. Honorable mention: Deluxe Unicron, Crumplezone, CD Red Alert (cuz he's clogging up all the shelves)

Best feature: OP & Wing Saber's Sonic Wing mode is the best Transformers combination. Ever. Screw the kibble in the back, he looks sleek, doesn't tip over at the drop of a dime, and he's toting around two really sweet swords.

Worst feature: Leobreaker/OP, on the other hand, just sucks. No hand, an extreme difficulty staying in place, and just dragging along like some Elephant Man limb. Ugly Ugly Ugly.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

my favorites are my new PRIMUS!!!! and my Cybertron SideWays.... To me, he looks like a futuristic viking...

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Previous Lines comparison: Easily leaves Armada, Energon, RiD and BM in the dust.

Best Figure: I am particularly fond of Megatron, but mine seems to have very loose missiles, making them shoot off with the slightest touch.
    Runners Up: Soundwave, Dirt Boss.

Worst Figure: Its a tie between the three figures I regret buying, Scattorshot (scout), Overhaul, and Snarl.
    Scattorshot: Great transformation scheme, but the lack of any leg articulation just ruins him for me, that, and his 'backpack' looks stupid from the back, its too low down.
    Overhaul: Good transformation again, but his arms are just too badly designed, they cant really be put into a cool pose, oh, and the missile sticking out of his back.
    Snarl: Very original Transformation, loved the characters tv show model, (obviously the one figure not scanned from the toy), he is too different, TV Show Snarl is sleek, toy is blocky, and has very little posability because of this.

Suprise, Good Way: I didnt actually expect to like Soundwave, or Crumplezone, but I think that overall, was most impressed by Thundercracker.
    Thundercracker: after all the bad talk that this toy gets, I was expecting to open it up and it fall apart in my hands, but no, all it is is that the arm is a little loose, so what, a simple bit of Blu-Tac in the arm joint, and the arm sticks fine, allowing for full posability. And the Jet mode is worth a figure alone, Key gimmick is though, a little lame.
    Soundwave: This was another figure getting a lot of hate, because of his 'fiddly transformation' and 'crappy legs'. So when I got Soundwave, I was pleasantly surprised to find that, I could pin his jet mode together easily, his legs were easy to pose and didnt flop, and overall, he is a great figure.
    Crumplezone: Well, he just didn't scream amazing to me at all, I was expecting a mediocre figure, But Crumplezone has really made me turn my decision around, hes a great figure, very posable, easy to balance, kick-ass Cyber Key Feature, and kick-ass dragster mode.

Suprise Dissapointment: None, there are no toys I bought from Cybertron that I was expecting to be amazing, but turning out crappy.

Best Cyberkey Features: I am particularly fond of Megatron/Galvatrons key activated weapons. Crumplezones is another. CD ScattorShot has a fun pair of features, with the complete overkill on weapons.

Worst Cyberkey Features: Its close between, Scattorshot (scout), Overhaul, Thundercracker, Vector Prime, and Snarl.
    Snarl: Some fangs, wow!
    Scattorshot: nothing special, just activating a flip up panel
    Overhaul: I never fire missiles on TF's anyway, so Overhauls key feature is useless to me, and he comes with the wrong Key.
    Thundercracker: Simply makes his gun point out a a random angle, therefore making it very hard to shoot anything.
    Vector Prime: I never use the electronics on TF's either, so this is useless too.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Cybertron summaries? Wait...

GYARAKSHI KONBOI, TORAANSFOOOOOOOOM!!!!

MASUTAH MEGATORON, TORANSUFOOOOOOOM!!

GYARAKSHI KONBOI, SUUUUUPAAH MOOOOOD!!!!!

FOOSU CHIPP, IGNIIIIIISHON!!!!!

GYARAKSHI CANNON, FURRRRRU BASUTO!!!!

FOOS CHIP, IGNIIIIISHON!!!!

DESSSSU BREEEDO!!!!!

MASUTAH MEGATRON!

DARK RAIGAJAKKU!

RINKAPPPU!

RAIGA... MEGATRON!

GYARAKSHI KONBOI!

RAIGAJAKKU!

RINKAPPU!

RAIGA... KONBOI!!!!

No wait... that was Galaxy Force. :D 

9. nogga_nootch

nogga_nootch 1

Ebay:
    hello, i'm new.

i've got a fair few cybertron toys, and for me at the minute my favourite has to be Vector Prime (although i did buy the galaxy force vector prime as i thought the colouring was better) next down the list has to be optimus but for simpicity its got to be downshift, one of the easiest transformations out of the whole bunch.

But i can't pass final judgement as to my actual favourite because i'm still waiting to recieve my Supreme Starscream and Primus figures, and leobreaker and soundwave.

the one i like lease is lugnutz, fiddly to transform him properly and no real articulation once its done.

Overall i like all of the ones i already have, and i think i've going to carry on collecting them till the classics are realeased.