Cybertron Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Devastator001, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

Firstly, we have the Supreme class King Starscream initially released last year. Later, we get a TRU exclusive two pack containing a voyager class Starscream repainted in a maroon color packed with Vector Prime. My question is: Are we going to see a regular colored voyager class sized Starscream released in retail here in the US? I am a bit concerned of lack of news regarding the future of the figure. I was under the impression it was going to be released, hence holding out. Any insights are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I'd guess no. Doesn't look like we're getting one. Didn't ever look like we were getting one.

We might get a repaint as Sunstorm though, if the LOC is any indication.

3. Devastator001

Thanks fir the input. I am rather disappointed to see Hasbro won't be releasing regular version of Starscream here in the US.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes indeedy, it would have also made a perfect mold for the Seekers Skywarp and Thundercracker. It's such a no-brainer.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I imagine that if we were going to get him at some point we'd have heard about it by now.

6. Knightshade

Knightshade Cybertronian Knight

Now I'd like to see a Sunstorm repaint in Voyager size. :thumbs2: 

7. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

We'll never get a voyager class G1 colored starscream, Hasbro said that if they had released it nobody would have bought that Supreme one.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course, that's why so many importers got both figures. Stupid Hasbro marketing! :Gouki:  Alright, rage done.

Personally, all joking aside, I can see where that would have been a problem because parents aren't going to want to shell out for the $50 figure when they can get a $20 figure of the same character. Only fanboys and kids with extra pocket money would have gotten the larger one.

Not to mention, IMO, both toys are really nice. And, I honestly have grown much more fond of the larger one as it's got alot more play value to it, but if you can find the voyager class one from GF at a decent price (you'll pay about $40 to import the figure from most places.) I'd say get them both. It's that weird colored TRU version that comes with an extra Vector Prime that nobody needs that's the real crapper! :stick: 

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless, of course, one had the patience not to buy VP until the TRU set came out. Then, one would have only one Vector Prime, plus a Starscream that can also be called 'Thrust.'

-Tony!
    Has a 22 month old daughter that recognizes Starscream.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, yeah, but we didn't even know that the TRU two-pack was coming out until botcon... I believe that's when it was announced. Up until that point, we were under the impression that there would be no Voyager release of Screamer State side. So... I imported the Voyager Screamer and couldn't help, but buy Vector Prime also. You know, he'd been stairing at me at TRU around here since, like, late May early June. I JUST DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH WILLPOWER!

Well, I would have had the announcement of the two-pack come sooner (because I've thought that he does look like a really good representation of G1 Thrust in that color scheme), but it didn't and I wanted a VP. :D 

11. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I have the Supreme Screamer, TRU two-pack Screamer, and separate release VP. I was disappointed with the 2-pack Screamer colors and imported the Galaxy Force one. Now I also have a Galaxy Force Vector Prime on the way. I think I will probably paint one of my extra VP's and make him one of the other 13 originals. I like the molds a lot so I have no problem dishing out the money for them.

12. UltimateOptimus

UltimateOptimus Long-time Hungarian Truck

So you got the Supreme one, Dragon, eh? Very well. I also got mine for Christmas 2005.

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I hate the color scheme on the two pack Starscream so I am glad I got GF SS earlier. Still bought supreme SS because it's a really cool toy. Should've waited til the price comes down oh well.

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

So they suppressed a toy that people wanted in order to sell a toy that they knew people didn't want. Way to go, Hasbro!

I spent the dough for a GF Starscream anyway, and left super-clearance $10 Supreme Starscream on the shelf where it belonged.

15. Devastator001

I thought I would ressurrect this thread by asking those who imported Star Scream in the US a question. What is the fair price to purchase and import the figure? I am considering on getting one, but I see a great variation in figure price. The least is $35 for the figure ranging to $70, excluding shipping costs.

16. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    35 is good. That's what I got mine for, with 7 bucks shipping, so it came out to 42.

Any more and you're overpaying. There was one site that had him for 25, I think, but they're probably sold out, as that was months ago. I THINK it was jrstoyworld.com. But like I said, probably sold out.

17. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
  18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I've totally been fighting the urge to get the VP/SS 2 pack...I've been rationalizing it by wanting to kitbash the VP into Alpha Trion, but I haven't quite made the leap yet. I have the Supreme Starscream and it rocks beyond all reckoning, but the smaller version looks pretty cool too.

19. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    stuckakid has him as a stuckasteal for 19.99. These guys are top notch, so don't worry about ordering from them, you will get your stuff within a week, no problems whatsoever when I ordered from them.

I mean, seriously, it's the GF version for the cost of a domestic voyager, you'd be stupid not to take advantage if you don't have him already.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Had pre-ordered GF Starscream way back before GF started, so I got a nice early bird deal on him and VP. Guess I lucked out, looking at the Cybertron versions of the two.

I picked up on a sale, the VP and SS twopack, but returned it the next day, unopened, I just didn't like the look of the two, and money was tight at the time. I don't miss them.