Cybertron / spacebridge explosion question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, Jul 24, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

so I have seen a lot of folks say various things from Cybertron is partially destroyed to totally gone. is this covered FOR SURE in a novel or comic somewhere? (I have not got to read any of the material)

In the film it sure looked like it was just the spacebridge lattice that was destroyed, the pillars rose, they transformed into the massive grid.. Then the bridge was activated. it looked to me for sure like there was basically empty space behind the lattice the whole time.

Guess I am kinda confused on this fact:confused: 

2. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    The grid is part of the planet, its in the beginning of the movie, Sentinels zig zagging around on it, and there's major battles going on,on it, its the top layer. The space bridge is pure energy, it has no physical form to it. You just walk between the pillars and zap!

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Also, it is kinda nitpicky but it was more of an IMplosion. And I don't believe there's anything to confirm Cybertron's status at ALL.

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.

I can't picture another TF film with Cyberton destroyed.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, true on the implosion lol

ok next question is if the grid was shown being formed by pillars transforming when the cons sent them into orbit before the pillars were activated. How is the grid shown part of the planet? (at least that's how I could swear I remember it happening sequentially in the film)

As shown in the Lincoln monument the few pillars they had still had physical form before and after activation (again I could swear it looked that way)

thinking I need to watch the film again.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  6. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

I can, but the TPTB would be boxing themselves into a corner by going that route. I think it would be better if Cybertron were partially destroyed, sort of like the condition of the planet at the beginning of MTMTE. It's a G1 concept that could be borrowed easily to fit within the movieverse.

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Doubtful Cybertron is destroyed. Without it, their is very little to fight for. It kills alot of the story and plot lines. More than likely it was a G-1 homage as the planet wil resurface in later movies with it's classic G-1 look.