Cybertron Soundwave Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    So I've been wanting to get a Soundwave to use for my Collection and after a long time thinking about it I've decided to get a Cyb Soundwave.

My idea for him was to give him better versions of his cassette bots so I was thinking, how would these work?

He'd keep his minicon that turned into Laserbeak.

Energon Battle Ravage as Ravage.

Energon Divebomb as Buzzsaw

Cybertron Red Scrapmetal as Rumble

Cybertron Yellow Scrapmetal as Frenzy

How does everyone think these guys will work for Soundwaves minions?

2. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

You could try to paint the yellow Scrappy blue for Frenzy, or buy one of the Japanese blue ones (not sure on the cost for that, though).

Battle Ravage works, but I used Catgut from Action Master Treadshot for Ravage. I just painted the necessary bits silver. It's the only custom I've ever done that I'm proud of!

I went a strange route with Frenzy and Rumble, though. I use Generation 2 Ironhide and Frenzy Go-Bots. Very unconventional, but it works for me.

I like Cybertron Soundwave. He's not the best toy, but he's very imposing and a lot more intimidating than Animated Soundwave.

3. necrocron9

necrocron9 Well-Known Member

Thats what I did and I'm pretty happy with them. I added Cruellock for Overkill and Doomlock for Slugfest. Haven't decided on Ratbat, guess I'll get the upcoming doublepack.

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    That's what I'm planning on doing, I prefer Ratbat as his Ultracon self instead of his bat/tape form.

5. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm looking to give all his minions regular mech modes in place of their tape modes, as sort an upgrade. I also went with the Scrapmetals because they have little hammer like things that cover their hands, plus the scrapmetals have "third" modes that resemble jets of some sort.