Cybertron Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Scantron, May 1, 2006.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just found this figure at Target today and a few thoughts:

- I wasn't entirely sure about the purple and white colour scheme at first, but I'm liking is a bit more now that I've got the figure in hand. Could use some black though, perhaps in place of the grey bits that are the exact same colour as on Thundercracker.
    - One huge stability problem: The transformation joint that brings the left arm up to sit in the correct position in robot mode is extremely loose, to the extent that the left arm hangs down 45 degrees. The weight of the cannon arm, sitting at a 45 degree angle also shifts the backpack out of position and disrupts the whole robot mode. Is anyone else having this problem?
    - No changes to the inherent stability problems seen with Thundercracker.
    - Missile launcher works very well.

Overall, I'd give this an 'Avoid'. This mold had enough problems already and the weakened transformation joint makes it a complete wreck. Huge disappointment.

[​IMG]

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my feedback is: PURPLE! :p  seriously, he's the same as thundercracker, but his purple looks really good, its reminescent of what you'd expect from G2 color universe haha I do wish the white parts were purple though. my only complaint is the shoulder joint is loose. my thundercracker's is not. but hey, the looseness is easily fixable, and it doesnt' ruin the toy anyway, I can still get the arm in some good poses without problems.

Andy

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    my kingdom for a peg.

Seriously, if his shoulder Pegged in and his front pegged to his back, he'd get a pass by me (although he'd still be a bit spindly), but i got Thundercracker as a 2 for 1 and felt ripped off. total failure in my book. (the Cyberjets did almost all the same stuff better 10+ years ago)

his jet mode is ace though, especially the way the feet fold in.

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Hmm, a sucky transformer with a new paint job is still a sucky tranformer.

6. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Got him today, his joints are way tighter than Thundercrackers on mine, must be lucky. Still the same flaws, but discounted price and my favourite scale. Plus he is a decepticon jet, all good in my book.

7. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Someone under the impression that I actively and deliberately collect Skywarp toys--I don't--got me this thing as a gift.

It's not as ugly as Thundercracker, but that's not much of a compliment. My shoulder joint also isn't that loose, but the real problem is the arm design that was so poor to begin with. What, it would have been too expensive to make the arms lock in place, when that's been a standard part of TF design for 20+ years now?

The funny thing is, though, mine holds together very well in jet mode, when most of the Thundercrackers I saw at retail didn't. Go figure.

My opinion hasn't really changed--this is still the weakest deluxe toy in Cybertron that isn't an Armada repaint, no matter what name or paint job he has. It's not the worst toy on Earth, but you probably won't fall in love with it, either.

8. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of the vehicle mode; they packed in a lot of details from the flanker (various models), including the panel lines on the wings that match the actual aircraft. It's a pity that the robot mode has the flaws that it has. Fortunately, I've been able to get some pretty decent poses out of it, so the flaws aren't a huge problem for me.

9. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

PURPLE!

I think that about sums it up.

10. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    hey locke thanks for the idea on my cybertron scattershot for where to place his gun i was putting it on his leg in veichal mode but in robot mode dint no where to put it bu now i do so thanks by the way wut gave me the idea was ur avatar

11. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

What would be useful for Skywarp would probably be not only tighter joints (though some of them where not as loose as Thundercracker's) and probably an addition of a left fist. Just an opinion though.

Also, according to Benson Yee of bwtf.com, he mentioned that when you insert the Cyber Key, his missle launcher pops at a much higher angle than Thundercracker's, probably an advantage maybe. In addition, do some of your Skywarps not have the right fin properly secured or something as a disadvantage?

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    the tailfins on my TC were slanted, on Skywarp, they're square as they should be.

13. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The only problems I've had with my Skywarp are that the rear most hinges for his back pack, were too loose, and the clip that holds the left shoulder swing arm in place, was loose. The pin wasn't in as far as it should have been. I broke off one of the little tabs, trying to tap it back in. I just got it fixed, with a small screw, some filing, and a washer made out of sheet styrene.

The back pack hinge was fixed by building up a new detent, with a little superglue.

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    so I shouldn't try tappin' it in eh? that's my only issue is the shoulder pin is loose (which wasn't on my TC)

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Well, if you have steadier hands, than I....

You could try heating the pin up with a soldering iron, and gently pushing it the rest of the way in. Just be carefull not to melt it clear through the clip.

16. REDLINE

News Credits:
    alrighty. I think I can handle that, as I had to be careful when I removed and reinserted pins on Scrapmetal's forcechip port (that plastic there is REALLY thin)