Cybertron Scouts...the best of the line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TreKain, Oct 12, 2005.

1. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Thank you Has/Tak! IMHO, this is the most consistantly good size class of a TF toy line...ever. The basics of Energon were good, but there were more misses than hits. Here we have some of the best figures in a long while. For their size they have some unique transformation schemes and for most of them both modes look amazing.

What do you guys think? What has HAs/Tak gotten right here that they've missed before? Or am I alone in loving these little guys?

[​IMG]

2. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

the cybertron scouts have been impressive so far. they have been a step above energon, except for arcee who i think has been a mold the collecting community had been waiting for for a long time. cybertron for the most part has been an impressive toy series.

3. Late Ironhide

Late Ironhide The Fallen Hero

Who is that blue truck. What is his Cybertron name not his japan name?

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The blue truck is Armorhide, and he's great. His rather unique transformation scheme has the top of the truck cab becoming his feet, rather than anything Optimus-like. I got him a couple days ago, and there's lots of love for him. I agree with TreKain, though- these are certainly a great class of toy. I'm passing on the dino, and maybe Rumble, but I have most of the rest, and they're great. There were a couple E. Basics I didn't care for (I'm looking at you, Insecticon and Cruel-lock!), but these are a step above last year's model. Hope they keep coming.

-Tony!

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I'm in complete agreement with you,TreKain. Cybertron has provided an incredible amount of good figures in all size classes, but the variety of the Scout class is particularly awesome, especially since it's the most numerous. Between the few Takara exclusives (Police Gasket, Ramble x 3) and striking variations (Dinoshout), and Hasbro's solid mainline versions and mold/repaint exclusives (Wreckloose, Armorhide, Swindle, Swerve, Brushguard)... they really are the best as far as I'm concerned.

6. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

armorhide is definatley the best cybertron scout

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    The Cybertron Scouts are awesome, better that the basics from Energon, and Armada.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I haven't picked up a single Cybertron scout.

Ok, so yeah, they might have near-perfect articulation, nice sculpting, etcetc. Problem is, their "Force Chip" gimmicks leave a LOT to be desired, and for me, I buy a mainline figure in large part because I like how the gimmick works. I loved the gimmicks in Energon, hence buying nearly all of those figures.

I'll buy Rumble when Hasbro releases him (them?) in the states, because I'm that intrigued by the alt and robot modes. His Force Chip gimmick ain't too bad, either.

9. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Yeah I have yet to get any but I need to get caught up with who I want to get currently. (Flame Convoy, GC & MM, that overzied Starscream I'm not getting)

So far all I've picked up have been Thundercracker and Override.

10. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Have any of the kitbash guys looked into creating a car-hauler/armor suit for Armorhide and making him a sort of RM Ultra Magnus? Well beyond what I could do, but I'm sure someone with some skill could pull it off.

11. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I like them quite ea bit, but i still don't think any of them quite match up to the best ones from Energon (Divebomb, Sledge, Treadshot, Arcee, Kickback, Skyshadow, Strongarm) ~ and i thought Armorhide was pretty disapointing, Clocker didn't work for me as well as i thought he would, but Brakedown is fantastic!!! Hardtop is on his way to me with Mudflap from Amazon.com, and i'll pick up Ransack at some point... (looking forward to Rumble or whatever he'll be called here and Wreckloose)

Overhaul and Scattorshot I've herad to many bad things about and Undermine is just far, far too ugly for my tastes.

Anyways, i do like a few, but i thought Energon had the most solid basics line-wide... (really, IMO, insecticon was the only total stinker)

12. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

I love these assortments because they look more interesting than those larger beasts toys.

13. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I like them, and they are a few notable standouts IMO such as Armorhide, Undermine, and Hardtop, but I dunno, I still think Energon is slightly better with molds such as the combiner limbs, like Energon Kickback, Sledge, Treadshot, Divebomb, etc.

Then again I'm finding that there's too many Autobots for my own taste in this line, especially within the basic class.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally I find Energon to have a better overall basic-class lineup as well. Cybertron's got som good'uns, but nothing that catches my fancy as much as the larger toys - and Overhaul is a total load in my eyes.

Oddly, I find the "Hasbro only" Cybertron basics to be some of the best ones IMO.

15. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Chalk me up for the Energon basics as well. Not that the Cybertron ones are bad, just that I prefer the Energon toys. The Energon weapons alone give them an edge, and Overhaul is just an albatross around Cybertron's neck.

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I wasn't much impressed with Energon's basics. Arcee and Divbomb were pretty good, but Arcee suffered for the energon chip gimmick. Some of the Decep Basics barely even Transformed.

The Cybertron basics are great. They've got as much or more personality as the G1 Dia Clone molds.I just wish there were more good Decepticon basics. So far, the only one I've picked up is Hardtop, and I'm not impressed with him. I'll be glad when Brush Guard finally comes out.

Overhaul is cool. Funky arms and all. :rock 

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    cyb scouts have been consistent but theyve yet to come up something to beat eng skyshadow, divebomb.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Best Cybertron Scout? Armorhide hands down. Ransack is great too...actually the only two I'm not a huge fan of are Scattorshot and Overhaul. At least Scattorshot has a great alt. mode...Overhaul just sucks all around.

19. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta agree, I love the Scouts, Armorhide is a fun little dude, Scattorshot is just badass, and well Ransack is just awesome!

20. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

I have to go with Armorhide. He is just an incrediblr figure with plenty of posablility.

The fact that his gun has a chip holster is another plus.

My second is either Hardtop or Clocker, but I think Clocker gets the edge because of the Swerve Repaint coming.