Cybertron Scourge: is he really worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CdnShockwave, May 27, 2006.

1. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I've been contemplating getting a C Scourge for some time now, but every time I look at him in stores I just end up putting him down for some reason or another. He just doesn't really seem worth it. However, I've passed up toys like this many times and almost always regretted it. So I ask you, is Cybertron Scourge really worth the money?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I love the guy. he's the only figure from that size class in cybertron that I've bothered to get so far.

he's not too posable, but he looks intimidating and awesome just standing up straight.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think he is, maybe not for $40 (or whatever the US equivalent is) but I would defiantly track down one at least a loose or something.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a really good figure and worth picking up, IMO ($30 w/out taxes US). The only significant poseability issue I've noticed is the lack of a wrist swivel (thigh swivels would help too, but that's not a huge issue). The weapon is neat, the Planet Key gimmick simple but interesting and the lights/sounds are decent. Stability is excellent in all modes, although there's a panel on the beast chest that doesn't always stay in position.

However, if you're just interested in getting the mold, it might be worth waiting for some more pictures of the "Cryo-Scourge" repaint that's due out by the end of the Cybertron line and then decide which colour scheme you prefer.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Scourge looks great on display, especially in robot mode....though if you like to play around with your TFs, the articulation is limited in its arms. Overall it's a really cool looking toy though

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he's only 25 USD... and to me, he's COMPLETELY worth it. and coming from me (who you know is NOT a beastie fan) should say quite a lot. his robot mode is pure love... and let me add one thing... pushing in his force-chip and hearing the G1 transformation sound???? mine will be worn out soon! :lol  I pick him up, push it in (with heads already out) just to hear it... damn I LOVE it!!!

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yes he is, and he takes beautiful pics. Only negative feeling Ive ever got from the toy is I wish he had wings.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IMO it's an oversized deluxe with electronics in it.

The transformation is simplistic, in fact it's lazy standing up on the back legs, and the front legs 'transforming' into the arms is bad on any TF on an Ultra it's just weak.

The arm articulation is poor. Based on the weight of the tail weapon, the swivel joint in the arms should've been a lot tighter.

As you can tell i'm heavily biased against this mold, but i'd say don't pay more than Deluxe price for it.

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    On one hand he looks great in both modes. On the other had you can't do anything with him since he just won't pose in either mode. Transformation is dull.

It all comes down to how much you like the look of the two modes, 'cause that's all you get.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the guy. Not uber posable, but he is uber sexy. I mean c'mon, he's a fire-breathing dragon and he makes the original TF noise. If you think you want him, get him soon as he hasn't been shipping for some time now and I think he's starting to get scarce. Of course there is the Cryotek version coming out, so you could wait for that if you like the icey colors better.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am quite happy with TM2 Megs. He's got wings ;) 
    I didn't feel too bad passing Scourge up, though if and when I see Cryotek coloured version, I might pick him up.

Then if I like Cryo-Scourge, I'd be kicking myself for not picking Scourge up :lol  Too late now, I don't see one around anymore.
    If you have some spare money, take one home :) 

12. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have to say he's disapoiting.. Beast mode is lush.

But the lack of articulation in the arms is a real downer.. get him on sale !

13. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine on clearance for $15. He was worth it for that much.

14. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Honestly I am so mad how much I paid for wing saber, and Prime. I also want to get many others but $80 for 2 toys. $30 or $25 for 1 toy just isn't worth it. I just bought the LoCs instead. I really wanted to get Scourge, I love Dragons and hes pretty awesome looking, but he's a little too big and too expensive.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It is. Every every figure in the voyager and ultra size class is. but his size is part of what makes him cool.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Scourge, he looks great and is pretty tall and formiddable on my Cybertron shelf. Love the character too.:thumb 

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Around these parts, Scourge is long gone. I don't think I've seen one for many months. Why don't you do us all a favor and pick up one of the lovely CD Red Alerts instead. :D 

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Many of us paid 40-50 for the GF version , and not too many's complaining.

Seeing him on sale under $20 plus the thought of buying him in the first place is a winning situation though

He's poseable enough to comand his troops to kick ass for him. Then when it's time, those 3 dragon heads can always open some death spray.
    He can be alot of fun, even more if you like dragons.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't say it better myself! I'm a sucker for dragons and a big plus is the transformation sound he makes - very cool!