Cybertron Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Prime, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just picked Cybertron Primus, and love him.

What I didn't realize before is his transformation almost completelty depends on the Omega Lock, which is AWESOME in my opinion given the fact it is only with that little doohickey that he is able to awaken on the Cartoon.

I am sure others have spoken to this :horse: 

but I had to comment on my geek joy right now

2. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I actually thought the key gimmick was a little annoying but otherwise I think he's an amazing toy.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He is really awesome. The key is great gimmick, but mine is kinda stiff sometimes. Takes a fair bit of effort to move the chest slot up and I worry a little that I'll break the key.

4. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    well thats not really that bad orod.You see I think they desinged him to be stiff and the key gimick with his transformationI know was planned that but the reason I think is because you can play like how he is in the show.look at fort max in the show he looks very stiff and slow so the toy.they are trying to make them like hey are in the show not just look wise but how they move.thats just my point of view

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    yeah, what happens if you "misplace" the Omega Lock?

6. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    oh noes!

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten a second one to open yet (I'm only buying the one with the Unicron head), but that sounds kind of annoying. It sounds cool, but anyone remember the Power Masters? I have a Darkwing my friend gave me, but since I don't have the little guy, and HiQ doesn't fit, it takes me about 10 minutes just trying to get the dude's body to twist around.

8. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Man, that omega lock is pretty useless. I can tf his and stuff without it.

On a side note, I lost his projectiles. They're most likely in some rubbish trip somewhere. So sad. At least C Unicrons missile can be used :( 

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I hated the concept of the Omega Lock until I actually used it a few times. And then I realized that it's just a whole hell of a lot of fun to transform Primus BECAUSE of that Omega Lock gimmick. I won't ever worry about losing it, because I always keep it right next to him. But, if I did loose it, it's not that big of a deal. Stick your finger in the hole and push the little lock button on the bottom and you can do the rest with your hands. It's just a neat little gimmick that makes the toy that much more fun to play with.

So much fun, I've bought two. Probably the coolest big toy I've bought in quite some time. OK, my 1/48 VF-1J edges it out just barely, but I have more fun playing with Primus than the 1/48. And I could stare at Primus's mold details for hours and imagine how to pretty it up with paint apps. Which I'll get around to eventually. After the ten thousand and one OTHER paint projects I've got going on.

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

easier said than done. Ever pricked the tip of your finger? For me, at least, it feels about like that trying to TF him without the Omega lock.

At first I too thought the Lock was a dumb idea (of course that was because I foolishly thought you needed four keys to "unlock' the lock. Thank God you dont. I don't think I have four keys...wait, yeah I do. but I doubt I could lay my hands on four at one time.

11. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i have the big guy... i love him too... im a little disapointed in his size... i wish he was more to scale as unicron in bot mode,and larger in planet mode.. he looks all anorexic....and starpreme is taller... theres a couple little problems i have with the way his hands are... but nothing bad... i love all the detail in his molding, i like the omega lock, and it looks good with all 4 leader keys in it......
    the unicron head is neat, i guess,as a freebee...but all you guys holding out for it, IMO its not worth holding out for, its just there

12. Altercron

I want a Unicron head...by the time I got my Primus, all the ones with Unicron heads were snapped up...

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I, too, am happy with my Primus. I got the Galaxy force one and it was worth every cent I spent on it. The key does annoy me a little bit, but it could be worse.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Its a Fantastic Design. I have both Galaxy Force and Cybertron w/Uni Head and can stare at them for hours. It only took 20 years to come too.

15. Altercron

20 years? wasn't Primus mentioned for the first time in the 90s? :D 

16. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Ill sell my Unicron head for 20 bucks anyone? anyone? lol....