Cybertron Primus w/Unicron Head

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by REDLINE, May 27, 2006.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Did you get it at Cape WM? Or mail?

Anywho ... they have them now. Even with the Unicron head!

Was there last night and saw them.

Looks even nicer out of the box...

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah, the cape WM had 2 of em on the shelf. wish they'd get freakin' new alts though

3. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    Cheebs: Now that you've perfected a shere that turns into a robot, I demand a SWTF Death Star into Vader. Make it happen!

Yes but you have not perfected the word sphere.
    (and thats coming from me)

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Doh! Me and my spelling....

After playing with Primus some more I'll get into a few more nit-picks.

The biggest and I think most obvious: His buttflap should really be able to rotate 180 degrees and then fold up onto his back. It would have been so simple to do.

Smaller things: Hand rotation and bicep rotation. Yeah, he's really fine without it, but this is a Supreme here.

This fingers are too long and his thumb's too short.

The headsculpt looks like Joe Any'bot. I really wish he was more god-like. Give the man a bitchin' beard and an expression like he's about to smite someone!

The waist rotation should have been above his hips. I know the engineering with the battery compartment makes that kind of impossible, but at the very least his underpants should have been colored silver to separate the hips from the torso and give the illusion of a waist joint in the right place. As it stands his torso looks too long with all that unbroken turquiose.

My final nit picks only apply to G1, and I know this isn't G1....but dang it I'm putting it in G1 context anyway! I always loved the mythology how Primus and Unicron both became trapped inside dead planets at the same time and Unicron used his power to build the planet into his body while Primus used his power to bring individual lives to his planet. Primus having a body kills all that.

I also don't like the idea of Primus being Cybertron because Cybertron is notoriously low on energy/dying/dead. Primus shouldn't have enough power to transform. And even if he did, he shouldn't have enough power to move.

I don't want to sound negative though. Primus is really a fantastic toy. He's at least 10X better than Supreme Starscream, and Primus actually feels like he's worth the $50. Pretty spectacular when you view the whole package. Plays and displays darn good too.

OK, I'm done nit-picking. :) 

As a side note, I am stuggling to fight the urge to kit-bash a Primus into a bowling ball. If he was a $20, I'd be all over that project.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Finally broke down and got Primus, even though I had been holding out for the one with the Unicron head:( 

I don't really have anything negative to say, except I wish it was bigger! At least the size of Unicron...but thats a small complaint. Great articulation, the Omega Lock is a cool accessory (although I wish it weren't required for the transformation in case its lost), and unobtrusive gimmicks make for a cool toy. the Cybertron mode is cool, and the 'famous cities' molded in is such a nice nod to G1 fans.

Easy A. I can;t wait to get all my TFs on display and have Unicron and Primus facing off on the top shelf:) 

6. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    My Primus (with head) arrived the other day from BBTS.

He is, as stated before, all sorts of awesome. Here is a list of my observances, in no particular order:

1. He makes a much better sphere than Unicron does, though I do wish his butt flap turned around and folded up like was suggested.

2. The Omega Lock being needed to transform him annoyed me slightly as well... until I fished Unicron out of the attic (he was packed up from when we thought we'd have to move) and transformed him, reminding myself how much I dislike having to rearrange his wings and stuff...

I'll take the Omega Lock over fiddling with those wings and shell pieces any day.

3. Why does he need two AA batteries just to light up his eyes after transforming and to make the sound of the cannons firing? Armada OP's trailer(s) used four, but they had motors to run as well. Am I missing something?

4. On a similar note, is there any way to make Primus' eyes light up except at the very end of transformation?

5. A random thought. Since Primus is Cybertron transformed into a robot, shouldn't he have been packaged in planet mode instead? Would have been a much smaller box... but they'd have had nowhere to attach the twist ties...

Side note: It's good to be able to collect these again... I hadn't realized how much I missed it while out of work. Gotta get in a preorder for Wing Saber and start filling in some of the blanks... and get the packed up ones out of the attac and back on the shelves..

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally got around to spending some quality time with my Primus toy and I have to say it's loads of fun; definitely one of my all-time favorite TF's.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i finally picked one up with the head, took me forever to find one, but hes pretty sweet....im sorta bugged that hes smaller then uni...i always imagined them being the same size...but, i guess it sorta makes sense, unicron is bigger while primus is smaller, a slight david vs goliath. but brothers...the unicron head is pretty cool, though i wish that was slightly smaller...anyway, the two look damn cool on my coffee table staring down each other....

9. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

So the Unicron head was supposed to be in initial shipments? Funnily enough, the only stores that had the Unicron head with the first shipments was K-Mart. Everyone else didn't get the Unicron head until second/third shipments.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my walmart AND TRU both had the unihead in their first shipments.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    just got Primus. probably one of the most satisfying transformations ever. i LOVE it.

12. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

I actually like the omega lock gimmick. I just hope I don't lose it.

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I too got Primus. And OMG its so cool. But my only flaw is that the wrist cannons don't stay in, but in a way thats it I guess someone already mentioned it. But all and all he's very impressive.

14. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Well, if this thread is going to be a Frankenstein then I guess I'm going to be Igor.

I got Primus a few months ago at a local toy consignment store in a huge lot that cost $40 total. An excellent deal, but Primus is missing his butt-flap (which I agree should have been able to rotate) and the Omega Lock, which I forgot to pick up because I didn't realize it was part of him. Luckily an AA battery can activate the lock, too.

15. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still love this toy three years after purchasing it. The only negative aspects of Primus are the feet which are simple flaps rather than actual feet. My Primus came with the nifty Unicron head.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got a good deal on mine despite waiting a bit too long to pick up one of this caliber/
    Space is an issue, so he's in planet mode on my bookshelf with Dead End (From Armada Unicron) attached and in orbit.
    Great, simple figure.
    and i have never wanted to see that spaceship mode...

17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Whatever you say Igor. lol I tried to explain the flaw its not really major, its more of an annoyance, but despite that I'm cool with it.

18. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I love my Primus. My gf got him for me with Unicron head for Valentine's day :D . I only need the black Unicron to complete my Transformers "Solar System". Unicron, Primus, and the Death Star so far :D 

19. Starscweam

Starscweam Well-Known Member

I've been fiddling around with Primus these past few days. No surprise that its such a fantastic figure. What I don't understand is why there are quite a number of feedback that rubbishes its battle station mode...

I was at first prepared to hate the above mode after seeing a couple of video reviews but when I transformed Primus for the first time it actually looks badass that I fell in love with it even more. Granted it looks more of a boomer class space cruiser and it goes totally against Primus' character.

I can totally unsee the robot bits beneath as only a tiny bit of his fists are poking out and they don't even look like fists.

How I have it transformed:

1) Get to the battle station mode as per instruction manual.
    2) Flip the back heel flaps back and adjust the foot flaps so that it form a v-shape.
    3) You can actually pull the back cannon kibbles some more and they actually kinda lock in place thereby elongating the mode which gives it a more credible space cruiser look to it.
    4) If you are annoyed that the arm cannons can actually shoot its own legs, you can pull out the arms one notch and it will still look that good as a space cruiser.

Well that's about it of me doing a bit more justice to this awesome figure :)