Cybertron Primus w/Unicron Head

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by REDLINE, May 27, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    When I first laid eyes on him through his box's window... I just stared for awhile... mesmerized... in awe... my first words were "you sexy beast!... omg you're finally mine!!" :lol  I got him the same time I got metroplex, so I opened both of them up right away just to get them out and put their boxes away. When I came back from putting up their boxes, I stood them right next to each other. Wow. Metroplex's head is higher off the ground than Primus' is! Primus is taller over all though, and a LOT bulkier, and that's not including the planet kibble either, so I don't feel gipped at all by the supreme price tag. the amount of details on this guy... and weapons.. is just plain staggering! his articulation is awesome as well. I like his hands better than Unicrons... the articulation is the same, but the way they're sculpted is much nicer and more realistic in certain poses.

Unicron's head is just BARELY larger than the one on the actual bot... the face and horns are identical too! the face is colored with a darker grey, and his horns aren't yellowgold, but he is dead so thats how it should be. I currently have primus posed holding the head by the one whole horn, standing next to unicron with his head folded back, and on his knees looking nicely decapitated!

He is actually pretty easy to transform, but the transformation is complex enough to feel satisfying. my only complaint is I wish you didn't actually NEED to use the chipsquare, but you do, so don't ya dare lose it! Primus gets an EASY A from me.

CLICK ON PICTURE TO SEE NON-CROPPED FULL SIZED IMAGE!!

[​IMG]

2. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I can not wait for mine to show up, one of my uncle's was in Hong Kong last week and left this past Tuesday for home. Anyways he called me Monday morning telling me he sent a Primus my way, so I should be seeing him early next week, that's how I got my Metroplex too.

REDLINE, you should post a pic of that pose with Primus and Unicron, I would love to see that.

3. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

YES!!! Pics of the pose!!
    I SOOO can't wait to get Primus :D 

-Shifty

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd also love to see that pose.
    Have you had any problem with the wrist cannons popping out at all? On mine, they sometimes feel like they're on hair triggers. He is an awesome toy though, congrats on scoring one.

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I added it to the original post ;)  Click on the board-friendly picture to see the non-cropped full sized one.

The arm guns don't feel like they're on a hair trigger, but I will say that they can be easily popped out without having the mount pop-up... the only quirky thing on mine is that the big planet killing shoulder cannons don't quite point squarely forward, but are at ever-so-slight angles.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where'd you get Primus so early, RL?

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I just got primus yesterday and I 100% agree with RL. He is an awesome toy! He may be a little shorter then unicron, however he is MUCH more detailed then unicron. His transformation is nice, I too just wish that you did not HAVE to use the Omega Lock. Hope I never loose it! LOL. Mine didn't have the Head, which was really disappointing since they had like 5 and none had the head. Oh well it's just a trinket anyway. I have the GF Primus as my keep in box version anyway. My only complaint is that upon getting him home and opening him i noticed a scratch in the silver paint on his chest. Anyone know what silver paint from a hobby shop would match?

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    the silver pen from the roseart colorsharp metallics set would work just right I think... its in the crayon/pen/marker isle in walmart... the package is yellow with blue on top, the words colorsharp are rainbow... there's 5 markers in it.

9. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I love my Primus. I'd rank Unicron as one of the best transformers ever, and I was very skiptical about Primus surpassing him, but he does. A tighter, better sculpted bot makes up for the difference and size and (small) difference in articulation.

I had Primus stradling a beat up Unicron, holding his wings as if he had just torn them off, Kratos vs Harpies style.

Great toy.

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Oh man this figure is awesome. I love the detailing in planet mode. My only gripe is that he doesn't have the wrist articulation like Unicron but that's a minor flaw. He also came with the jungle planet map. Oh well.

As for the free bonus, the Unicron head is actually pretty cool. I'm going to keep it on my desk. It's a nice little trinket.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    There can be only one! :lol 

Great picture. I'd have put Vector Prime's sword in the free hand, but that's just my personal taste. Very nice pic.

I picked up Primus with the head Saturday. I love the big guy. Not quite as big as Unicron, but he has a far superior planet mode and more satisfying transformation (the Omega Lock is a bit cumbersome, but it's far less unwieldy than Unicron's wings and planet shell).

The biggest surprise, I'd have to say, is how much I like the battle cruiser thing mode. It looked like a lame afterthought on the box, but in person I really like it.

12. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

For anyone having trouble with their arm cannons staying in...try a dab of super glue on the tip of the protruding clip that fits into the bottom of the cannon body when the cannon is lowered. Seemed to solve the problem for me.

I like Roots powerlinked onto one of the top minicon ports in planet mode...looks like a space cruiser landing/departing for battle. I've got a great series of VP and Primus shots being original gansters together. I'll try to get them processed and online soon.

13. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Picked up a Primus today at a Target, sans the Unicron head. And while I would have liked to have the Unicron head....it's MUCH more fun playing w/ Primus!

He's just that fuckin cool!!

-Shifty

14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm just curious... is there anyone who was underwhelmed by Primus? Or maybe wasn't all that interested, but got him anyway?

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  16. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    I love this figure. You don't REALLY need the Omega lock to transform Primus. All you have to do is put your finger into the places where the lock goes and press down on the button. However, I do like how the Omega Lock rotates when you insert it into the leg area and rotate the leg parts. Nifty gimmick.

I'm not going to install the AA batteries since I don't really care for sounds. But I love the planet mode. Only thing that bothers me a bit is the black "spikes" - smeels a bit Unicron-like. But a great mode, and I'm actually considering buying another; one for work, one for home.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wish I was tiny so I can look at the giant head and throw rocks at his eye

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    dude, you're on a tiny kick :sly: 

19. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I finally got mine today. The unicron head is nice and evil looking, and the tentacles at the bottom are a nice touch. A tennacious chaos bringer, his head wants to keep swinging even after its torn off.

Primus himself is of course awsome. He makes a very clean planet mode, though I do agree the spikes are bit unicronian. I'd say my favorite part of transforming him is inserting the omega lock into the legs and actually turning it by hand to make the leg parts transform. It's very cool to see all that stuff move on its own.

It does seem to take a bit too much force to get the head up though.

My only real complaint is that he doesn't quite scale up to unicron. It's not a size complaint exactly but the differences in proportion make it hard to feel like the two belong in the same scene together.

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I had no intention of getting this guy. Not even a little. Then I saw him on the shelf. Even though there was no Unicron head in the box, there was also no resisting. Primus is really an impressive figure.

Planet mode is shockingly tiny. I mean like, pass-for-an-Ultra tiny. But once you pick it up and feel the weight, you know there's definalty $50 worth of plastic in there. Planet mode is dense.

In comparison to Unicron... Unicron's planet mode beats Primus if you have Unicron's rings vertical with the jaws coming right at you. From any other angle Primus looks better, probably due to Primus being an actual sphere.

In 'bot mode, Primus is much more solid than Unicron. Much less fidley. Nothing to fall off. However, Unicron has better articulation, proportions, and more "wow" than Primus in 'bot mode. Primus is much better to play with, Unicron is much better to look at. If Primus had bicep rotation and hand rotation, his display-ability would go way up.

I love the chip square gimmick. Especially on the legs. Watching them rotate is a blast.

As a final closing word to Hasbro: Now that you've perfected a shere that turns into a robot, I demand a SWTF Death Star into Vader. Make it happen!