Cybertron Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by mag_jr., Jul 15, 2005.

1. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I wrote a huge, long review of him for the articles section, but basically I think the's the best main line Prime ever.

He's well articulated (19 points!), he's huge (10 inches in super mode, 8 and a half in robot mode, 12 inches long in vehicle mode, 16 wide from wingtip to wingtip in super mode), his gimmicks aren't sucky, Hasbro left his paint scheme alone (I scoured Remy's gallery of GF Galaxy Convoy and could not find any paint changes or dropped apps, except on his planet key), he has a good super mode, and he doesn't look like a chunkster in robot mode despite being bulky (unlike E. Prime).

I think he's definitely worth a purchase.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are actually a few other small missing paint apps. There should be some more silver in the middle of his kneecaps, and there are two little nubs on the tops of his shoulders that should be painted yellow.

I like Hasbro's apps on the kneecaps better though, it looks more thought out, less slopped on. And those yellow light details are very, very minor.

3. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only problem I have with mine is that I am afraid that one day the chest windows and supermode feet will snap off and break.

4. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    My chest windows and super feet are tight and A-ok. It's kind of a bitch (pardon my language) to get Prime's matrix out. And yes, Cybertron Prime does rock :rock  Great review!

5. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

I'm still on the fence about whether he's the greatest mainline Prime EVER... but if not, he's tied with RID... and that ain't bad company :rock 

Have fun, all!!!

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hands down the best Optimus Prime ever. Even better than 20th Anniversary Prime. I cannot wait for Leobreaker and whatever Sonic Bomber's US name is to come out.

7. mag_jr.

Thanks! I'm gettin' all red in the face :p  :D .

Anyhoo, those paint apps are definitely minor... I printed out several of the GF toy pictures for ref, and it took me several minutes to even find the missing ones that mx-01 archon mentioned. I agree that the knees look better, and I don't really miss the yellow (but I will go back and fix my review to note them).

I don't know if C. Prime is better than 20th Prime but I sure love him.

8. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got him today, great fig. :thumbs2:  BBBBUUUUTTTT.......can't get the faceplate to stay up :(  . Any easy fix for this?

9. mag_jr.

Hmm... is the lever on the back of his head floppy? It might just be an assembly issue, or a peg might be broken in there or something.

EDIT: Main review in the articles now fixed to reflect the paint changes.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I agree with everyone else....Prime is simply too great for words.

I think the best thing about it is that it has aspects of every single Prime and Primal that came before it...an amazing toy.

'A' for awesomeness.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I just got mine, today. He really is a great toy. Poseable, hefty, and well proportioned, in both bot modes. The metallic finish of his plastic is pretty nice, too. The only thing I don't likeabout him, is the limited sideways shoulder movement, but that's far from a killing flaw.

You;ll still never convince me that he turns into a fire truck, though. :wink: 

12. mag_jr.

:lol 

He doesn't look much like a fire truck to me, either, but I'm just doing what I can with what I'm given :D .

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    im waiting for him to go on discount: yay!

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I don't know if you noticed or not, but Cybertron Optimus Prime is also missing red paint of the top of his super mode guns on his legs.

15. mag_jr.

There's still red paint there on mine, it runs down the whole top side of those cannons.

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Are you sure you're looking at the same spot as me? Every single Cybertron Prime I've seen is missing this paint. I'll post a pic to point out what I'm talking about. The red circle indicates what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

Galaxy Convoy has red paint there.

17. mag_jr.

You need to use your terminology better. When you say "top of the guns," I assumed you meant the top of the guns, which are painted. The missing bits are on the side in vehicle mode, and the front in robot mode.

edit: And since everyone knows he's missing paint, I'm not bothering to update my review any further. No offense, but I really don't care about the missing paint.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Personally, I like the guns to have the grey on them... prime doesn't have grey guns on any of the primes that I own, and it better matches his BIG guns that are for his super mode. :thumb 

Andy

19. mag_jr.

Good point. They do match a lot better. Oddly, I feel the "loss" (not really a loss, more of a lack, since they weren't there in the first place) of the handles THS Galaxy Convoy has on his big guns more than the missng paint apps. If I got tired of looking at Prime without 'em I could always paint them on, anyway.

20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Meh, I'm a lazy guy, I meant the top while he's in supermode so my bad.

And I was just pointing out something you may have missed out of your interest, which you seem to have none. :p