Fan Art: Cybertron Optimus Prime Disassembly?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Moroni Prime, May 23, 2008.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I've taken all the screws out of the torso of Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime, but the two hip pins that hold the wheel flaps on refuse to budge, and are the only things holding the torso together. I need to find a way to get these out. I would try the 'tap' method, but only one end of these pins is exposed, so there's nothing to tap. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I guess I can help with this, bud. You need a soldering iron. Be sure to read the stickies at the top of the Radicons Forum for much better details, though.

After letting the soldering iron heat up, hold onto the metal pin for a minute or two. Then, using a pair of pliers (needle nose if you gotem')
    pull on the back of Prime around the pin head. The plastic should slide right off. There ya go. It takes a bit to get it right, just take your time.

3. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    this won't risk melting through/destroying the plastic will it? I'd still like for him to have front wheels, it's just that I need to get into his crotch and tighten up his hips so he won't be so floppy.

..... boy, that last part sound so wrong, and yet is so true.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    look at the cybertron prime repaints he currently has showing :)  that should alleviate your concerns.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

:eek: 

Nope, bud, just don't try to yank the plastic off too fast. Heat the pin, pull the back a lil, repeat. The plastic will return to it's shape once it cools down. You can also us a small flat headed precision screwdriver and wedge them apart a lil, to give you a lil room to pull with the pliers. Just be patient and take your time. You'll have it down in no time.

6. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

LOL! There are two spring tensioned ratchet that get loose kinda quick (especially with his trailer/Leobeaker/Wing Saber attached). You can replace those with stronger springs or find another method to get them stronger. I got replacement springs from a local Electronic superstore ( stores that sell internal to external hard drive enclosures, LED's, stuff like that) and now they can all pose with the best of them! Good luck bro, let me know how it turns out.

7. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    aw crap. and I work the next couple of days. For that matter, I'm not positive that I even have a saudering iron. I think I might though.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    they're cheap. you can get 'em for 10-15 easy.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This advice thread is fantastic, It's helped me with my Thunderclash custom, cheers guys