Minor/Repaint: cybertron nemesis primal

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chansformers, Dec 6, 2011.

1. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    another bot off the bash table.(this is the one that i previously mentioned was sitting in krylon black primer for over a year now on the corner of the bash table)
    basically a straight up "dark" repaint of a cybertron optimus primal,the only actual addition being his new giant gattling gun attached to his surf board which is now his really bfg.

the nemesis armada is growing......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

his spiffy new "dark" cyberkey
    [​IMG]

surfboard top view
    [​IMG]

surf board bottom view
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    kiss my cyber-monkey butt
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    hmm. I love your paint job, but, it looks more like an actual BW Primal some how. I think its the blue, its not teal enough.....

also, where in the world did you find that gun? That is beyond sweet!!!!

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Only the beast mode looks like a Nemesis Primal. The robot mode just looks like Primal from the show.

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I also think that teal would have given this a more nemesis feel. Good job overall though.

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Since Primal was already those colors basically, this looks to me more like a much better paint job on a BW Primal figure than a nemesis version. Still great though!

6. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Nice work. your lines look very smooth and I love the attention to detail. Teal would make it more Nemy as everyone else suggests but as it is it's great.

7. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    thanks.the gun was in a bag of toys from value village,i think it may have been for the giant barbie sized action figures called max something?

thanks for the honest critiques and feedback guys.
    this blue actually is a pretty dark metallic teal which i always use on "nemesis" bots.(this is the first nemesis that people are saying it needs more teal than light blue,even though it's the exact same paint used on other nemesis's)
    i honestly think the reason it looks that much more light than dark blue is because i recently got a new camera which i'm still trying to figure out.the flash on it is mucho powerful,yet if i turned it off,it's too dark.i also keep having issues with the new cameras flash actually reflecting off the laminate flooring and almost whiting out pics or details.these pics are the most decent ones of almost 40 shots,the rest being

fuzzy white shots:eek: 

@unicron9,i hear you,now that i look at the pics again,he does almost look like he could be a japanese repaint of primal,just needs a blue helmet and white upper thighs:) 

8. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

THATS what he was missing that kept him from totally being Primal- The blue helmet. Well, now I get how you were going for a Nemesis look.
    Man I'd almost paint the helmet in that same great blue and call him an excellent Optimus Primal update figure. Its bad-to-tha-ass either way though.
    I want one.