Cybertron Nemesis Breaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sonscreen, May 23, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I was surprised to see this guy sitting at a local TRU shelf. Usually it takes a few weeks at least before a new toy gets to New York City. I was debating whether or not to get this toy. I wasn't fond of the original Leobreaker mold as I thought it was weak in all three modes.

I didn't notice any mold changes unfortunately. I will say that color scheme is very nice and matches well with Galvatron.

[​IMG]

2. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Yeah, the arm thing is the scam to get you to buy them, because they really aren't great figures. Nemesis Breaker is a good color match for Galvatron, though getting him to stand with that giant thing attached is more trouble than it's worth.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd hardly call it a scam, but yes, it is a selling point. Looks great on Galvatron, but the stability is an issue. I kinda like him more than the original 'breaker, though. The design looks really good in black and silver.

(Nice sig BTW Ray)

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine yesterday. The colors look great on the mold. I haven't tried linking him with Galvatron yet though. The torso on mine has issues holding together in kitty mode though; the pegs on the panels just don't stay in place. I'll likely be leaving him in beast mode most of the time since it's probably the best mode of the figure.

5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I think that's a problem inherent to the mold, my LeoBreaker also won't keep the front half pegged in the to back half if you shake it back and forth a little.

Thanks! Which one? I've got several that come up randomly.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found one today myself and very happy with the figure. I'm a big fan of this mold and the Decepticon colour scheme is a dramatic improvement over Ligerjack/Leobreaker. I'm actually looking to buy another one at some point so I can give Optimus Prime a pair of Nemesis Claws.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's the one with the half-dozen vehicles, all rolling out as if they're off to put some serious damage into something.

As far as the Beast Mode issues go, I've had similar problems with Ligerjack and Dark Liger, but I've found that carefully pegging it together in vehicle mode usually stabalises the guy. The two flank panels have pegs that sit in indents on the front half, if those are lined up properly the stability improves a little.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm still not a huge fan of the mold, but the colors are top notch. If you like Scourge/ Nemesis Prime style repaints you'd probably like this. I'm looking forward to combine it with Megattron...I know it was made to go with Galavtron but my Galavtron is stil MIB and I don't want to take it out!

Overall grade: C (crappy mold, great colors)

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just for the hell of it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Galvatron's leg joints aren't anywhere close to being strong enough to support two Nemesis Breaker arms (in the above picture, he's sort of leaning on my flashcards). With only one Nemesis Breaker attached, Galvatron is basically impossible to stand.

Prime stands pretty well, as the feet provide good support and the backpack works as a counterbalance.

10. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I like the colors better, but Leobreaker was/is one of the worst Cybertron toys I own. Kitty mode is his best non-combined mode, but even that looks stiff and awkward to me, while his robot mode is the very definition of "meh."

Passing.

11. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Ah, dark colour schemes!

12. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    heck my leobreaker broke in claw mode the little hole where u put the arm tat the leg the plastic came off and is stuck in the hole

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

What did you do to your Prime?? How'd you pull that off?

14. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay: