Heavy/Scratch: Cybertron Mode Scrapper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Jun 14, 2011.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

So i had a poll going on over in the creative gd to see what my next heavy project should be. I'm not sure why, but i ended up doing the one that no one voted for. Probably because I had a good idea of where to start with this guy, and not much of one with some of the others. Also, Scrapper is one of my favorite characters. Probably not going to be doing the other 5, since the only ones I have an idea for is Scavenger.

Heres the reference pic for all six of the Constructicons in their Cybertronian modes, as drawn by Don Figueroa.

[​IMG]

**UPDATE 6/16**

So the struts, all the wheels, and the scoop are attached. Really, not a whole lot left to do on him construction wise. Add some detail, and a cockpit on his back. Oh, and a head of course. Other than that, I guess he's mostly done.

Oh, and heres the pic I'm sure you're all just DYING to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

That's already looking excellent. Can't wait to see the progress on this. :D 

3. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Much promise

4. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

awesome...

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    WOW, breathtaking already...

6. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

The SHIT! Thee, SHIT! I am already chomping at the bit for more.....

7. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer

Ebay:
    that is looking real good

8. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    He looks great so far I would like to see more of these down the road maybe you can colaberate with someone on the boards tofinish them

9. changy

changy Well-Known Member

Sweet show us more

10. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

I agree. It would be nice to see all these guys together and combined.

11. Theand

Theand Well-Known Member

Wow - very cool man !!!!!!

12. Destructicon 1

I hate to bump, but I had a crazy idea for this:
    scavenger-armada megatron
    long haul-cybertron metroplex
    bonecrusher-crossovers hulk tank
    mixmaster-universe countdown
    scrapper-universe onslaught
    hook-cybertron menasor
    -with mods to each ofcourse. Again looks real good man!

13. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    give him time, lol. He's just starting, looks interesting so far

14. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Civilized Enforcer

I think the stockade (07) head would be perfect with a couple tweeks done to it for the scrapepr head.

15. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    if multiples are no option I would mind teaming up! (looks awesome so far!)

16. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

Whoa... The level of styrene crafting here is whoa... Already it is off to a great start man. Looking really good! Keep it up

17. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could easily mod a warpath. To make that bonecrusher. Your scrapper is looking awesome

18. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Hey thanks everyone. This is getting a bigger response than I thought it would.

@DJ Charters: Warpaths arms would be great for bonecrusher, I'm surprised I didn't consider it. However, his wave of Generations figures never made it to my area, and I don't want to pay the scalping money for him. Also, if i did have a Warpath, I think I'd probably want to do that Brawl that someone made.

@G60 Force: Hey, thanks for the offer man. I'll probably be going it alone though. One of my many character flaws is that I'm a horrible team player. Working with me on something as big as this, I can assure you, would be a nightmare.

@Destruction 1: Your recipe would probably make a pretty cool (and huge!) Cybertron Mode Devastator, but i don't think it would come out looking anything like the art, which is what I'm going for.

I am kind of considering doing the whole team now, though i think it would take forever and my girlfriend would probably want to kill me. Heres what I'm thinking for the parts:

Scavenger - I would probably make him entirely out of a Classics Hot Rod and styrene. His smaller stature fits an arm-bot pretty well I think, and his arms and legs are close enough to the art to work with.

Bonecrusher - I'm thinking i'd start with a WfC Soundwave for his upper torso, scratch build his arms (or use warpaths if I can ever find more than one of him for a decent price), and for his legs, I have no idea. Maybe another hot rod if I could find one.

Mixmaster - I would probably base him on the sunstreaker/sideswipe/red alert body like Scrapper is so that they would be really close in height. In fact, I could probably build him the exact same way I'm building Scrapper and it'd turn out ok.

Hook - I'd probably use a Classics Seeker for him. As far as the art goes, he has a ridiculously simplistic transformation, which works well with the seeker mold. If I could get a hold of one of those RiD construction bots (the ones that everyone uses to build their earth mode Devastators) I might consider one of them, though it would take alot of modification.

Long Haul - now heres the tricky part. The way Don designed this version of long haul, I don't think theres any existing figure out there with a similar torso transformation. The whole cab pulls a 90 degree flip down, and the top of it becomes his chest, while the front of it is moved to his diaphragm. I'm thinking his entire torso would have to be built from scratch, which I think is very do-able. The problem with it is it has to be load bearing, and I'm not sure how comfortable with that I am. Also, I think he'd have to be bigger than all the other members of the team, probably at least Crossover sized.

Devastator Parts - He'd probably have to have several add ons. Most likely he'd have to have separate knee connectors, and separate shoulder connectors, maybe with a little bulk in them to widen his chest. He might need a spacer between long haul and hook, a crotch piece, and of course the chest shield.

Not that I've thought about it...

19. Destructicon 1

sounds like a plan man. I hope everything works out for you. I know the transformation isn't correct but maybe universe countdown for longhaul. The truck mode is really close to the artwork and his bigger legs should be able to support devys' weight alright. Anyway just an idea. Keep at it man!

20. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking really good man, keep us posted.