Cybertron Minicon Team names??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Edgewise, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    So with all the Minicon repaints in Cybertron from the 2-packs and whatnot, most have a new team name mentioned in the tech specs somewhere. It seems all except the repaint of the Emergency Team(from 2-packs with Energon Saber/Sky Terror Team) and the repaint of the Race Team(from the Wal-mart Exclusive pack-ins with a deluxe and a tiny tin).

So... anybody know if they do have new team names? If so, what are they?

????=repaint Emergency Team
    ????=repaint Race Team

Air Defense Team=repaint of Land Military Team
    Exploration Team=repaint of Destruction Team
    Street Action Team=repaint of Energon Perceptor
    Sky Attack Team=repaint of Air Military Team
    Lunar Assault Team=repaint of Adventure Team
    Sky Terror Team=repaint of Energon Saber
    Deep Space Team=repaint of Space Team

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the repainted Emergency Team spread across the two-packs in the Cybertron line, my records have that those three were called the "Minicon Council of Sages".

Please take with a grain of salt, as I don't remember where I got that from; for all I know, it could be fanon I inadvertently picked up somewhere. However, my records match everything else you have listed there.

Don't believe there was ever a name assigned to the pack-ins, though.

3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Thanks, I guess if nothing else, they could be called that. But the context in which "Council of Sages" is repeatedly mentioned in the tech specs makes it should like some other group. Anti-Blaze seems to be leader of this 'team' but only a junior member of the 'council'.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The Council of Sages is mentioned in Checkpoint's and Anti-Blaze's bios.
    Sunstorm - Transformers: Cybertron Toy Gallery - Photo #5
    Thrust - Transformers: Cybertron Toy Gallery - Photo #5

Anti-Blaze also explicitly identifies himself and his people as the Council of Sages in the Collectors' Club comics (collected in the Balancing Act TPB).

The problem with the Race Team redecos is that they weren't ONE team, they were TWO teams, using the same decos but apparently hailing from different universes. It's very confusing.

The versions of Mirage, Dirt Boss and Downshift that were available with Override, Landmine and Dirt Boss and were the Race Team.

The versions that were available with Hot Shot, Red Alert and Thundercracker were the Road Assault Team.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I have the Hot Shot/Red Alert/Thundercracker versions still MISB, checked all over the packaging and saw nothing referring to a team name, Race or Road Assault. The minicon toys themselves are pretty much a mix of parts from those 2 Armada teams, but where do the Race and Road Assault names come from for these guys specifically?

In the TF wikia they mention the Race team becoming the Road Assault Team when under the influence of the Decepticons, but this is not given any context to which race team, but I would infer they're actually taking about the original Armada release and repaints with those given names, much like the Star Saber is the "Autobot" version of the team and the Dark Saber is the "Decepticon" version.

Like I said before, "Council of Sages" is the closest thing to a name mentioned for them, but in the context of those on-package bios, it still seems pretty clear that those 3 Minicons are not the "Council of Sages"

So I did go back and dig out my club comics and read through all of Balancing Act/Revelations again. Although I do not have the TPB, so if there's something specific in there, I don't know about.

However, from the comic there's not much about the Council, just a fleeting mention and all it really says is that Anti-Blaze is a member, not that Checkpoint and Scythe are also.

Going on to the club's bio of the group of 3 I think it's abundantly clear that this team of 3 Minicons is definitely a different entity than the Council of Sages. The 2 bolded quotes at the bottom seems pretty definite, the 3 minicons are very popular but the Council resents that popularity. The team of 3 is pressed between Thrust/Terrorists and the Council on either side of them. So that means distinct groups: the council and our unnamed team of 3 Emergency Minicon repaints here. Though Anti-Blaze is a member of both groups.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe an unofficial name is the SWAT team. =D

Another fan-name for the sky terror team combination is the sun saber.