Cybertron Menasor (pictures)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Scantron, May 24, 2006.

1. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine. Quick thoughts-
    Looks great. Very pretty bot, good color scheme. Love the brainmaster nod with the chest cavity.

Extremely light though, doesn't feel like you're holding an ultra. Transformation is super-lame. It's like that one guy's old sig pic, the old crouch down and roll thing and that's it. Barely glanced at the instructions it was so simple. (Not that I generally need to, I just like to make sure I'm doing it correctly.) Key gimmick is lame since it requires batteries, but then the minicon gimmick makes up for that. The minicon itself is pretty solid too.

Overall, great for display, doesn't seem like he'll be a fiddler though.

2. Numlock

Numlock Starving Artist

Picked him up tonight... pretty much gonna agree with most of what is being said here... pretty cool colors, cool sculpt, good articulation, etc. ((colors and cow catcher remind me of Energon Cruellock and his face))

The hip clasp thing... sadly, it is true. Mine is tight... but it's the way it's designed... should be another set of clasps or at least clasps in the middle and not bottom. I don't like that it doesn't line up quite right and I can see through the cracks in it.

He feels alot like ol' Vector Prime to me, and probably SHOULD have been in that price range... or at least come with a free scout or two more minicons to justify his price. I like him... but for an end of an awesome line Ultra ((and how long he took to find)) he does come up a bit short...

3. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Sharp N Squishy

News Credits:
    I can't really say much about him that hasn't been said already. Mine doesn't have the hip or ratchet issues, but Heavy Load is floppier than I'd like.

Menasor's robot mode does look pretty cool, and I like the throwback of having a live hard point (he has one Armada arm with a live Minicon hardpoint, and one Cybertron arm with a cyber key socket).

I do take issue with his transformation difficulty being a 4. There are many TF's that I need instructions to actually transform. Many of those I see rated a 2 or 3. Menasor literally took me 6 seconds. No instructions needed. Heavy Load took me longer. Most LOCs take me longer.

Someone needs to tell Hasbro to actually think before they rate these toys.

4. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

without the mini con he would go great in the beast machines vehicons ultra

5. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

methinks the "skill rating" is more about size than skill requirement. hasbro should drop it from the packaging, given that it's not actually useful.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they should just care about it again. It was largely accurate until Armada came along, and then they just seemed to not give a damn about it, opting for a size=complexity rating, nevermind the fact that there were Minicons more complex than some of the larger figures.

7. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Menasor is a disaster, but a cool one (like Metroplex).

8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    The drill requires two AA batteries to spin. On mine the waist clicks ttogether very tightly. The giant planet bots seem to be designed to have very articulate and cool looking bot modes so they sacrificed vehicle modes for htat. He is still very fun to play with and looks great. Even though his vehicle mode is not much and he has a super easy transformation I still recommend him.

9. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron Menasor

Cybertron Menasor

[​IMG][​IMG]

Menasor is a space age designed drilling machine.

Alt mode:
    As we come along this vehicle we start at the 2 drilling tips, the 1st on his left is a conventional looking large underground drill. On the right we have a smaller pinpoint type of drill with 2 swinging clamps that are operated by the use of his minicon (Heavy Load). Both these forward drills are running on large tracks that look as though they could almost seperate from the rest of the vehicle and carry out seperate tasks (Just a though, not meant to seperate). Then we come to the centre earth seperator (Cover for the head) which is also the start of the main body of the vehicle, Here is where the outer two are/drill bits attatch. Then there are the stabilizing rear tracks for the vehicle.

Transformation:
    First you grab the rear tracks and extend them out to a 45-degree angle; next you open up the centre earth seperator/head cover. Once the centre is opened push it backwards then open it to it's full extent, this will now fully expose his head. At this point if you lower his front two drillers slightly you will have the "Work Mode" according to the instructions. Moving on to "Battle Mode" extend the legs to a straight line, rotate them now 180 degrees. Lastly push and join what has obviously now become the hips.

Robot Mode:
    Menasor is a well-proportioned robot, aside from the lack of hands and large drills in their place. At the top there is the head cover now opened up, he has a very unique head that is well suited for the mould. The formerly short centre peice that is the torso is extended by the addition of the now locked in place hips. Two large rounded shoulder peices with really strong ratchet joints are well placed on the side, with the thick arms ending with the large drills. What were his rear stabilisers and tracks is now his legs and feet that once again fit well into the overall shape of the robot.

OK sitting here on my desk I have a Robot mode that is quite impressive despite the strange colours that actually work on this figure. If you’re happy to look past the lack of hands as I am I give this a 7.5/10. The Alt mode looks like a massive vehicle that would only be found on a massive alien excavation site. The largest let down IMO is the simplicity of the transformation, pull, straighten, twist, open, lower and you're done. But that isn't a big thing; sometimes a simple transformation is good. I rate the Vehicle mode 7/10.

As a final note I can recommend this Transformer to all Cybertron fans.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  11. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But i was posting the Review that i have submitted to the articles section....
    It's a different review thats why i made it :D 
    But Zap it if it's wrong :D 
    Or atleast add it to that page pls?

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Fixed that for you, and thanks for the impressions on the big guy.

13. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D  Thanks dude

14. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Bought Cybertron Menasor today, after 10 minutes of contemplating between him and CD Scattorshot. For some reason, the big shovels/claws on Scattorshot's tank mode horrifies me. That and the tan color - what are all these tan and yellow doing on Transformers nowadays??

My impressions on Menasor:

- Light
    - Transformation is simple, yet vehicle mode looks...menacing hehe
    - Looks cool
    - Waist does not lock
    - Chest does not lock
    - Still looks cool
    - Maybe I should hv got CD Scattoshot instead eh?

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Found Menasor on Monday during a teaching gig in another city.

First off, I have to say the vehicle mode and transformation is WEAK. Even moreso than Metroplex. However I really dig the robot mode, I think because it's just so damn different than most of ther TFs we've gotten lately. The headsculpt isn't a rehash of G1, and it just plain looks mean and badass. I don't have any problems with the waist not staying in place and I trasformed it several times during my stay at the hotel. The chest not locking is frustrating, but the hingle is pretty tight so for nw it's not a problem...though I can forsee it being a problem as the toy ages and gets loose.

Heavy Load is a pretty cool Minicon. The only downsoide to it is the big shovel won't stay clipped on for anything. The robot mode is cool, it looks big and burly (heh heh, I was in Burley Idaho teaching the camp...sorry I know I'm the only one who thinks thats ironic). Not the best Minicon but far from the worst.

I give Menasor a B-, only for the cool evil-looking robot mode.

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but just got my Menasor, and YES, Heavy Load can be placed on the back of the vehicle! The front peg just fits between his legs, if you place him standing there.

I usually don't like simple transformation toys, and Menasor is as bad in that regard as a minicon... But his awesome alt. mode (like something that came from Command&Conquer's Nod workshop), the many gimmicks (the opening chest makes him look like a Brainmaster) give him a lot of fun factor.

Mine has no stability issues, in fact due to the huge feet he can be posed in every way.

If I have any beef with him, it's the translucent drill parts - they'd have worked better cast in silver, or chromed. I guess if Galaxy Force wasn't cancelled we would have seen that.

I gotta wonder if we are ever gonna see him repainted - Quickmix already got a repaint - for Universe. He'd make a hell of a Classics Twin Twist.

17. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I'm a big fan of Menasor despite his simplicity. We also has a couple of awesome fan modes. I think he looks like an evil, evil Decepticon who appears to live up to the name Menasor - probably better than the G1 version. This is based on the way the toys look, not the cartoon characterizations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    uh i want him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and scourge

19. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got mine because he resembles Omega Supreme in a way, and want to re-paint him into Omega Spreem. Seriously.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

one of my favorite decepticons from the cybertron line; and i LOVED that line.

and i agree, it does look a lot like omega supreme in robot mode.