Cybertron Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by mag_jr., Jul 17, 2005.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, I went out and picked Megs up yesterday.

Honestly, I love the car mode. It actually makes me think of a huge dragster rather than a batmobile...

My only regret is that I really shouldn't have spent that much money on him right now. But hell, my birthday is tomorrow, I guess it's okay to splurge. ;)  Still, that $40 was a bit hard to swallow.

As far as Megs goes, though... I agree with the A- rating. Very close to perfection in my books... but the gun... forget it. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't have a gun. The legs on mine are a little loose, where the ankles are really tight, but I pretty much think that's one of those problems not everyone gets, like the Hot Shot wing problem, so I won't take points off for that.

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    master megatron is the best megatron ever! and that head and face screams g1.

3. wreckage

wreckage Sweet biscuits!

News Credits:
    Got my Megatron a few days ago he's awsome love his alt modes. In the the show lightning from the figures very Darth Sidious.

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I was going to wait for Galvy, but I actually like the colors at this point; maybe it's just because I freakin' love the character in GF so much. That and the head really looks like Megatron for once.

However, when I get him, the teal parts and the orange arms beneath the shoulders are getting painted. I like the orange in the shoulders, because if the unicron armor, but having the entire arms orange doesn't do it for me.

Oh yeah, and I'll be making him a proper Megatron arm-cannon.

5. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I too was holding out for Galvatron, until my cousin gave me Megs as my B-day present. At first was like meh, but the colors are soo vibrant and he one of the best mainline Megs (second only to Energon Megs/Galvatron). Plus the colors sort of remind me of Gigatron from Car Robots, soo I hence dubbed him, Gigatron Terror Emperor!

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I almost caved and got him... I AM holding out for Galvatron, and the only thing that saved me was my ability to FINALLY be able to afford and get MP Convoy :thumb 

Andy

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cybertron Megatron: review

This is my first review, and the reason I'm doing this is because I want to express my opinion on the figure.

Vehicle mode dragster:

Every one complains that Megatrons vehicle mode sucks because to them, Megatron has to be a tank or jet or gun, personally, I'm sick of seeing Megatron tanks and jets, its getting old and I think his vehicle mode rocks! I know it looks like the batmobile but that isn't a problem. All over the vehical is spikes, cool, dangerous, evil looking spikes! His main colours are purple, white, orange, light green, silver, black and translusent blue. Now reading those colours doesn't sound to good, but trust me, they blend very well, I would have liked more purple and black, but that would be too batmobileish. At the back there are two large, black, fins and between are two thrusters, two smaller black fins and a couple of missiles that fire when a green button is pressed.Now I've heard that some peoples left missile tends to fire very easily. mine has no such problem. Underneath the missiles is some nicely sculpted tech detail painted silver. Two massive black tires support the back of the vehicle while a purple ''bumper'' streches behide them. In the middle there is a sculpted, neatly painted Decepticon symbol behind a translucent cockpit. Two purple spikey fenders sit on either side of a black bumper. The front wheels are black with silver on the insides just like the back ones only smaller.

Vehicle mode rating: 10/10

I'm very impressed with this vehicle mode, so what if its not a tank or a jet, still looks like it would hurt a whole bunch if you got hit by this thing! Very sinister vehicle mode gets ten!

Vehicle mode jet:

Well, I don't very much like this mode but it is fun for kids and it ties E-Megatron and C-Megatron together in some way! This deffinatly looks like an after thought mode. Except for the little wings and odd shaped nosecone, it still looks good due to the dragster parts carrying over.

Vehicle mode2: 8.5/10

Certanly not the best quality of the toy but it is fun and a good alternative if there are no roads. But still, it should have been better thought out so it gets 8.5 for being good, but not great.

Robot mode:

This is where it all comes together, this is the best megatron robot mode I've ever seen! People say his feet are floppy and ugly, I strongly dissagree, mine are not floppy, and because they're so big, he's very stable. His legs look like power houses with feet! He could definatly do some damage with those kickers! His hands are not articulated, wich may discourage some people, but from where I see it, articulated hands may work for prime, but they would just get in the way here. Each arm has two standard sized peg holes for weapons (three if you count the holes on his inner arms) wich is good because he has two weapons that each fit snugly in these holes. In the story, megatron fuses with unicron and then bears his armour, wich is apparent on his shoulders and chest, his sloulders being almost an exact duplicated of unicrons shoulders. A large Decepticon symbol graces his chest, declaring his alliegence and authority over the Decepticons. Strange, I thought a figure with so much on his back would tip over and be hard to pose, thats the direct opposite with Megatron. On his back are the two missiles mentioned earlier and the front fenders hanging back like a cape, a cape of EVIL!!! Ahem! sorry, Megatrons head is truly unique yet still pays homage to previous Megatrons. With the horns up he looks like his own 'bot, but fold them down and he bears a striking resemblance to G1 and BW Megatron. Also there are two lines on top of each other on each horn when folded down, making the top of the head look a little like the Decepticon symbol. Baby blue eyes don't look too bad.

*YAWN!* Gettin' tired, better wrap this up!

Megatron has 22 points of articulation in robot mode. :eek: 

Gimmiks:

Insert cyber key into either of the slots on his "cape", and a gattling gun or spiked melee weapon come out. insert key in back slot in vehicle mode and thusters pop out and spin.

Robot mode:10/10

Well worth your money, highly recommended! :thumb 

8. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow!
    Glad to see that you have a TF that you love :thumb 

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, Megatron's just the first of many, I plan on doing more, better reviews! and a :thumb  to you too!

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I'd waited for Galvatron. Don't really like the mold enough to buy twice.

11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

To be fair, I think some people simply don't like the futuristic "batmobile" design on it's own merits. I think it's awesome, and would mostly agree with your review (the jet mode would be a few points lower). He's arguably my favorite Cybertron toy right now, putting me in the minority who prefers him to Prime (though in my Top 10, I put Prime first in acknowlegement of his more universal popularity). I'm dying for the Galvatron repaint.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I didn't rate the jet mode as a mode, I rated it as an extention of the vehicle mode, which I think it is. And I agree primes better than megatron, but I didn't do review for prime because everyone knows how good he is.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Great Figure,Cybertronegatron is a true Megatron,I also wanted a race car Megatron and here he is,I love The Batmobile mode so much,that everytime i transform him on turn him into the "Batmobile",He is worth the money and Hair dryer gun FTW!I give him an A-.