Minor/Repaint: Cybertron Magnus WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by BowB4Prime, Jan 29, 2007.

1. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

heres a cybertron magnus im working on, because i got an extra cybertron prime for almost free

i still have alot to do still, but someone asked me for pics, and i decided i needed some help deciding how im going to paint him when i get through sanding and stuff,and can afford the paint. i do have windows and stuff made for him, just not putting them in until i paint it...and i made the chest shield into a bumper after i took pics,i also have some other stuff i need to attach to the sides of the cab and top when i get all my materials
    so yeah look at my abomonation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did somemore to it after the pics were taken, but i dont get access to a camera often to show updates

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That doesn't scream Magnus to me, but it looks neat!

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

ha ha... I love the hideous colour combinations... don't worry, I know you're gonna paint it. :) 

This is a serious mod you're doing here. Looks cool!

My only suggestion would be to replace the head with something else more "Magnus-like". I'm a little weary of Ultra Magnus version who are really just repainted and suped up Optimus Primes. Maybe you're already planning this? You could probably keep the head, and just give him a more humanoid "face"... then graft some cannons/pipes to the sides of his head.

Hasbro is overdue to do something like this... bring back UltraMag as something other than just a white Optimus!Nice work... can't wait to see the finished product! :) 

zmog

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I was thinking the same thing.

5. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

i think it looks cool

can you tell me how to make my cybertron GF optimus prime look loke that?

6. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

Yes i Wanted more then just another prime repaint myself

actually i do plan it, but i havnt figured out out how to get prime apart if you wanna know the truth...its more then just the screws in his back...some pins somewhere, i have a head that im going to switch it with. but i figured i wont take him apart to change it till right before i paint him,so i only have to take him apart once, because i dont know when that is going to be, whenever i finally decide to finish his alt mode, and can afford the paint.

And Sock dood.... i wasnt going for a G1 Magnus............. its been done, but yes after i did it i almost thought about going Nemi with him actually, and then i stuck clocker on the back and i liked the way it looked.

7. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

come on please tell me how to change my cybertron GF optimus to that :( 

dont make me start crying :( 

8. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

about 2 weeks and spare parts, a dremel, some glue and cd cases

9. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

huh?

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I think my son has one of those trucks you're using for that, it was some kind of "config your rig" dinosaur trapper play set that came with all these parts to build different trucks, a cage, a dinosaur and a few drivers.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Pretty cool, and brilliant use of parts.

12. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

its custom

13. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

you kind of confused me on the instructions there

14. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

yep i have the cage and some of the stuff, i pulled them out of a bag of parts that were discarded at the thrift store our company uses... if you look close to the leg armor there are shovels by the knees, and on the back there is a bone and rat. after i got the shoulders built, i almost wished i would have used the other truck front but they actually looked to bulky at first, i may still change it after all.

the chest is from a KO aeriobot set i bought an easter basket for,combined with some zoid parts. the arm wings were leg wings on some transformax jet i got at a dollar store that my niece broke for me. and the wing boosters i dont know what they were originaly for, i cut them off of some spare part i pulled out of a junk bin.
    the head im thinking of using is the helmet from the KO set as a matter of fact..looks really human and has the piping and stuff already.

i have boxes n boxes of spare parts, that i may never use, but i cant ever pass them up.

im also thinking of making him a drone using the other cannons missile launchers and key ports, and using a mcdonalds battle bot as a base, i still havnt decided

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

This one right?

[​IMG]

That's an awesome idea!

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Pretty wicked looking custom, dude! I can't wait to see the finished product. That's one hell of a unique take on Magnus!

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

:D  Yeah, I thought I recognized his hood ornament. Neat idea, creative too! Most people would just paint him blue and white and call it a day...glad to see you're going the extra, uh, 23 miles on this one! Keep us updated.

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lookin good!

19. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

why do i have a feeling this is gonna be one of the like best kitbashes ive ever seen and hell yea man cant wait to see the finished product, also now when you transform you have to move parts around righT? like those blue parts that you take them from the side of the trunk and put them on the wings correcT? but yea man its looking awesome hopefully you can keep us posted with new pics

20. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

that would be it i believe, except the long trailor part i used had a big front on it that i cut off, so i think it was thisone
    [​IMG]

i still have the middle caging part, the cage , the claw (which i plan on using)
    and 2 of the small vehicles tops,ones a fire truck, and ones a streamlined suv type thing as well as the long wheel bases with tires, the harness for the dino

yeah i have to move some parts, and he does have a non armored mode, all the armor but the shoulders come off
    i was hoping for that actually, especially since Cyb prime was such a neat mold, and had so many connectors left over