Cybertron Lugnutz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by REDLINE, Feb 16, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I picked up this little guy today along with scrapmetal, the rest of the Defense team, downshift, and Dark CZ. I REALLY love the altmode on this toy!! It looks like a real road hog. He'll fit in quite nicely in with my Alternators. His robot mode has a unique look, one that not only actually looks good, but misled me to think his transformation was entirely too simple, and I was wrong :)  Its a fun and unique transformation, which is always a huge plus in my book. in robot mode, he's the exact same size and Ransack is, just has shorter arms. My negatives for this toy are that he has really limited arm articulation. you can swing the forward/up and down, he has elbows too. no rotation, and you can't swing his arms out AT ALL! :(  so his posing is pretty limited sadly. I DO really like his gimmick though, pop in the key, and the muffler part of his exhaust flips up and around and is a grenade launcher! its believable too, it doesn't look like a muffler when it does this :lol  in bot mode, this is on his shoulder. He has a nice big gun (the other exhaust) but he can't bend his elbow when holding it. He's SO close to a great toy, but his negatives are impactful unfortunately. I give Lugnutz a B-.

-Andy

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

B- sounds about right. I'd say C or C+ if the Alt mode weren't so nice. Seems to me that a different joint on the wheels could have fixed the arm articulation.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kinda blah for me. The halves of the bike front hanging off the shoulders and blocking just about everything is enough to ruin the toy for me. The whole design feels beyond clumsy.

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Need pics!
    pls?

5. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

This guy is so close to being perfect. If only they had put the hinge connecting the front wheel assembly at base of the shoulder instead of where it is now. I really think that would solve all of his flaws.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah hit us with some nice close-ups, RL...Afterall you are the "Photo guy.":thumb 

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    :lol  alrighty. I did some really close-up pics, just two, and they're point-and-shoot, so there's no doctoring, no removing backgrounds, so its a little on the noisy side, but I'll take some proper pictures tomorrow, how's that sound?

To make it up to you, I've included two sizes of each one, one is basically 800x600, (dubbed large), and then there's the huge size, which is about 1600x1200 ;)  Just click on the corresponding thumbnails!! I left these big, so its really easy to see the joints, so you can see what kind of articulation he has :thumb  NOTICE: the first picture you can see he's right next to Ransack for a good size comparison!

***warning: 56Kers, the "huge" pictures are a full Megabyte in size!!!!!***

LUGNUTZ 1 HUGE.........LUGNUTZ 1 LARGE
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

LUGNUTZ 2 HUGE.....LUGNUTZ 2 LARGE
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Andy

8. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet! You're a good man RL. I thank you. I really wish his wheels folded like into his back more in bot-mode, but alas I shall have to pick him up.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    you're kindly welcome :)  They should have used balljoints on his elbows, then he'd have had rotation, and could've still transformed. The main hinderance is how the wheels are connected to the arms :(  I LOVE the flames!!!!!!! They are perfect, why on EARTH couldn't they have made flames like these on Cybertron Excillion OR Alternators Ricochet??? :huh

-Andy

10. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks buddy :thumb 

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree but i'd give him a solid B.. Awesome alt mode. Best of the basic series at least, if not one of the best of the entire line. But robot mode is killed by problems.

12. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone else notice the strange glitch in the pic of Lugnutz in bot mode on the back of the card? If you look closely at his right side (our left), you can see what appears to be one of his handlebars and only one on his left side (our right) where both should be since they can't be split apart (at least, mine don't). Any ideas about this? Possible photoshopping error or the prototype is perhaps featured here? I thought about starting a thread on this, but this looked like a good place for now.

13. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    He is not the prettiest figure, that is for sure. He is quirky and has tons of personality, IMO, though. That is why I love him as much as I do. I wish his arms weren't forced to point inwards thanks to the wheel position in bot mode but hey, I can deal w/ that.

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    the thing about robot mode that I do love is his head, the way the bike part that hides it doubles as an old school hat.

Andy

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Picked up the little guy this afternoon and a C+ sounds about right.

I love the alt mode, the robot mode leaves a little to be desired...the arm movement would be great if not for the bike kibble, but alas it's easily forgivable on a basic. Cool gimmick that's not in the way either.

16. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome alt mode, wish the front wheel could turn in this mode. His gun is pretty cool. The arms move horribly, I wish those damn wheels could fold out of the way in robot mode. Cool colors and head sculpt. Nice shoulder cannon. Definitely not one of the best basics, but decent enough to fill out my Decepticon ranks.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Has anybody else seen the similarities between Lugnutz and Wheelie?
    1) They have similar gray/orange coloring
    2) They have brimmed helmet designs
    3) They are both the basic size
    4) Motorcycles can pop a wheelie
    I think it's a homage (and a vast improvement in the character and toy)

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wow, he only comes up to Cyb Def Red Alert's knee, either he's tiny, or Red Alert is huge.

19. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm not terribly hot on this guy. His alt is good, robot is iffy. His arms just "break" it for me. Can't hardly move them and can't hold his only friend without being straight armed.

20. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The arms are kind of limited, but I think it's really clever that they are the bike's engine like that. No, not as good a motorcycle TF as Arcee, but I think he's at least as good as the old lasercycles.