Cybertron leader class Optimus Prime - What should I do???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, May 31, 2012.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok I just got a Cybertron leader class Optimus Prime in a lot and it's missing a few pieces. It is missing the Matrix, Cyberkey, and 2 missiles. My question to you guys is this...

What would be more logical economically - Should I track down those parts, or should I sell what I have here and use the those funds for a complete one?

People on ebay are selling parts like the cyberkey and matrix for stupid amounts of money. What you would you guys recommend?

2. AMG

AMG Old School

If you really want a complete one (and just can't find a good price on the extras), then sell your Prime off to help fund another one.

3. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Very hard option to weigh on relatively newer toys. There just aren't a lot of loose parts out there. In basically all but one case, anything I owned from Beast Wars out that was missing a part was easier to replace with a complete one than to buy the part. Price is one thing, but I think availability of non-G1 parts is the greater challenge!

4. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

You could probably list it as "for parts" (I'm sure someone is looking to make Motormaster out of him) and use the money to get a complete one.

5. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm... This is sort of what I was expecting. I guess then I wonder what would make me more in the end. Do I piece this guy out with what is here or just sell it as incomplete/for parts?

I'll probably set up a wanted thread and see if I can get hits there.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I've found that unless you're hitting up a Radicon for Unicron parts, you're probably better off not trying to complete modern figures (I'd go so far as to say anything after G1, but most definitely anything after Beast Wars... The parts markets aren't there yet, if they'll ever be. Thank the collector mentality and the internet). You'll dump more into parts and time than you will hunting down a cheap complete one.

8. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking on ebay's completed stuff it seems like incomplete ones can still catch up to $50 or so. I won't do anything until after trying my luck at TFcon.

9. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for your input guys.

10. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I have spare cybertron parts laying around here..

11. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome, let me know if anything turns up. Thanks.

12. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Do you have the regular version, or the Galaxy Force version?? The missiles and key are different colors between the two. But you'll only need to worry about that if you try to complete the one you have... I was just curious...

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Check for parts lots first you might find a good lot with what you want in it and then you can sell the extra's off afterwards.

I think the Optimus Matrix key is a desirable bit as he has 2 guns but only the one key so I'd guess some people like to have a spare one.

I would however suggest keeping an eye out for another one that is partial but includes the bits you want as then you might be on the best winner that way if you can't find a 100% complete one.

It is a pain when you are missing little bit I have an Energon Optimus I got which is missing one supermode ear, the gun and rocket the cabin piece from the drill tank and one hatch from the helicopter. so I either have to buy a whole new helicopter and drill tank or keep a look out for another.

But I was able to accrue a 100% complete RID Optimus a few bits at a time over some years using junkers. and make a good Universe Ultra Magnus out of two incomplete ones so it is possible. I also got a heavily yellowed messy RID Prowl for pennies with perfect tires and a perfect one but with shreaded tires and a simple tire swap later I had a perfect Prowl.

I find it's quite handy to keep a few junker about they are often useful for donating missing screws or to fix broken pieces.

That said I don't think Cybertron Optimus is hugely expensive so it shouldn't be impossible to find another junker with the parts you want, a parts lot or a whole new one.

14. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually have the Galaxy Force repaint, but I'm looking to complete the first release that I recently got.

Stupid question, but can the MP Prime matrix fit in cybertron prime chest?

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, I just tried it with my US MP01 and GF Prime, no joy. The MP01 matrix is too tall. Dunno if the new MP primes Matrix can fit, I don't have him.

16. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahh... That sucks. Figures I have an extra MP Prime matrix layin around and not Cybertron.

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw a junker Prime with Matrix at a local flea market the other day, he had the matrix in his chest, If I see it again I'll pick up the figure and send you the matrix. The Prime could be good for the Overlord project I've got planned anyway :) 

Cybertron Prime is a great figure, I forget how much fun I used to have with that guy, I'm going to have to take him out of my sell pile.

Good luck finding the pieces, I'll let you know if I manage to get the junker one.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  18. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweetness!