Cybertron is being advertised like crazy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ktulu, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is really of note but it's jarring to me. I'm writing my final essay for college right now and in the next room Cartoon Network has been on in the background. I've noticed the recent Cybertron toy commercial has played multiple times within the last hour or two. I don't recall a time when I've seen so much push given to a TF line on commercials in recent years. What's going on, is Hasbro caring more about such things suddenly, or am I just being a tard about it?

Anyway, I thought it was interesting, especially as I recall multiple people on here saying they hadn't even seen the commercials on at all, the same as me before tonight.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It could be in response to sluggish toy sales (speculation on my part). It doesn't seem that Cyb figures are moving well in my neck of the woods, or stores have large stocks of older waves there trying to get through.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    G4 and Spike are showing a lot of commercials as well

4. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

ha, imagine that, lagging sales for a show aired when most sane people are asleep.

I hope with the next show they take some more aggressive measures to get the show out there to be watched. Also, it'd help if it was watchable. The last few :puke2: 

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I barely see Cybertron commercials here. Matter of fact the only time I have even seen them is what Cybertron the show is on.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati

Yeah Hasbro needs to either A: Dump CN, or B: Kick them in the ass

No kidding, I have not liked an English Lanuage version of a TF Show since RID, however the Subbed version of GF is watchable, the Cybertron Dub is what makes it unwatchable for me

7. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I was actually going to watch the show this morning since I had to be up at that time for work and all but it wasn't on! Instead I watched a different awful show except this one was about dinosaurs and a helicopter that went back in time!

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you as well. Good time slots for the show and having an actual decent show to fill the slots with would be a big plus.

As for sales, I don't know. The toys seem to be moving fairly well around here. I think it's distribution at work, some places only get a little product while others get too much. I'm sure the show hardly having a chance to get seen by kids does contribute to any mass shelf warming that's gone on though, without a doubt.

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I agree. Compared to Energon, Cybertron has just flew off the shelves, aside from the "Walmart overstocks", product is rotated fairly well.

Last time I saw a line move this well was Armada