Cybertron Hightail

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Andersonh1, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    So named for being in the tail end of the line, perhaps. I skipped the bot that this is a recolor of, Lugnutz.

- thanks to the price cuts on all the figures that are usually $10 making them $7.80 or so, getting this guy for $6.99 doesn't seem like as much of a bargain. Still, scout class is a nice size and a nice price.

- I like the motorcycle. Ransack didn't appeal to me as a fantasy motorcycle, but Hightail looks like a fairly convincing motorcycle that might be seen out on the street.

- I do like the red, silver and black color scheme better. This guy could almost be the motorcycle version of Swerve.

- the ungainly robot mode is another reason that I skipped this figure the first time around. He looks like he's carrying a motorcycle on his shoulder blades. Different, and creative, but pretty awkward.

- decent articulation, but hard to balance sometimes.

- I do appreciate the integrated cyberkey gimmick on a scout-sized figure. Several of them such as Brakedown and Swerve are detachable and feel a bit like cheating.

Well, I had told myself that I was getting nothing else except classics. But I guess I had to have my new Transformers fix for the day. Not a bad little figure, even if he does have a motorcycle growing out of his shoulders.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I like this mold a lot... though I think I liked it better on Lugnutz. Somehow the paler silver paint and the white paint on his abdomen look cheaper to me. And somehow the mold seems looser this time around than the first, although that's probably just my specific figures. I also wish they had at least given him a differently-colored visor than Lugnutz. I do like the white stripe on his chest area, though.

I assimilated him (along with Lugnutz and Energon Arcee) into my BT/Alt collection. Their scale isn't perfect, but it is close enough for my liking. I think of Lugnutz as Wheelie and Hightail as... perhaps oddly.... Windcharger. Alt Windcharger was never really supposed to be that character anyway, and Hightail has some Windcharger-like features: he's small, red and grey, and has a box-like head covering. Okay, maybe it's a bit of a stretch. :) 

3. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    It's clever the way the back of the motorcycle swings up and makes a backpack where the grenade launcher still functions exactly as it did on the back of the bike. But that is one HUGE backpack this guy has. Yikes. At least his heel spurs do a good job of letting him stand upright.

4. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

I have a thing for Motorcycle transformers, and I had to get him because the vehicle form was so good.

I like the robot because he is so unique, but I do have some problems. To me, it looks like his legs are on backwards as a robot. Having the black feet fold down on the front doesn't look right. The other complain is that the gun pretty well has to be held with the right arm. It makes it ungainly having the grenade launcher and gun on the same side.

Other than those minor complaints I'd say that he is one of my favorite Cyberton Scout figures (next to Hardtop and Scrapmetal)

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think hightail is actually a low rider reference.

i'm looking fwd to him. i passed up on lugnutz for the same reason.

also, "lugnutz" -.-"

6. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i got lugnutz, coz he has a real nice motorcycle alt mode.... i never transforme him tho coz i dont like his bot mode at all... i passed on nutz until i got him for like 4 bucks shipped, no reason to get the repaint tho

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Hightail's deco is perfection. I love the transformation (hell, he's more complex than Vector Prime and Menasor!!!!), I love the bot mode too, pretty unique. My favorite basic by far.