Customs: Cybertron Gestalt, uh, Vector Prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Schide, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So this was my other idea for a combiner type thingie, inspired by Redline's Menasor. It's basically just Vector Prime as the body with two each of Hot Rod and...Hot Rod's different molds. And maybe with that I-Forget-His-Name the Minicon stuck on his chest. For coloring I think I would have to stick with Vector Prime's coloring for all facets, with the cars all painted a bit differently at least, because I like that combination of colors, and because I don't think I could actually repaint Vector Prime myself. The thing is though, that I have absolutely no experience with kitbashing, but I really like the idea, except I really don't have that much money to spend on parts, plus I'm really wary about screwing up my current stuff. So I don't know if I'm ever really going to get around to doing this ever, but I'd at least like to get the idea out there for, y'know, various reasons.

This is the concept model/prototype/whatever that I started on. I'll get some kinda different head, and I guess make something for it to plug into those two screw holes on the sides of his head.

[​IMG]

The main reason I want to use two Excellion molds is that the top comes off and can be used as feet, like so. It's nice that the CD Hot Shot has a peg there from the knife that can fit right in, although it would be prudent to reinforce that a bit.

[​IMG]

For the joints on the arms and legs, I think I've figured out a way to use LEGO Ex-Force ratchet joints, as they are pretty strong and would work well, I believe. They would connect to Vector Prime behind hit legs here, and kind of on the bottoms of his feet.

[​IMG]

Then the other end can be encased in this part of CD Hot Shot.

[​IMG]

For the arms, the one end of the joint can be grafted some way in this location, possibly with another LEGO brick stuck on VP's wing, although I'm not sure how to get it on the other side.

[​IMG]

And then the other end of the arm joint can fit conveniently where his head used to be. Now, where his head normally connects to his body I'd have to figure out some way to get the joint and another head to both fit there somehow.

[​IMG]

Then of course I'd have to find some hands somewhere, and affix them to Excellion's feet in some way.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That's not a bad idea, but I'd do something else with Vector Prime's wings - they look funky stuck up in the air like that.

Can't they flip down to become shoulder guards or something like that?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think you have to give him feet, it should stand just fine with the feet of the legbots flipped out.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO Hot shot's feet would be too small for the gestalt and hinder balance. It looks cool so far.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I disagree. I was able to do it with hotrod's feet, hotshots should be no different.

6. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

That would be a pretty decent start for a Technobots revamp - Hot Shot as Lightspeed, CD Hot Shot as an upgraded Nosecone... You might be able to try using E-Slugslinger as Strafe, and I'd just go nuts with Afterburner, I mean he's a made up space bike anyway, so use whatever you had handy that looks sufficiently cool and future-y.

-hx