Cybertron Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golobulus, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Here's a question. Why is Cybertron Galvatron so scarce? I mean, there are like 7 Cybertron Megatrons littered in my local walmart, and hell, you can even get Galaxy Force Master Megatron cheap online if you know where to look! But yet, Galvatron is rare, even on Ebay, and usually goes for upwards of $60. And Galaxy Force Master Galvatron? Practically Non-existant by this point.

So ...WHY is a re-paint of a toy that was actually released LATER so impossible to attain ( unless you like to waste excessive amounts of money)

2. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    i dunno, depends on the area i guess. cybertron galvatron had alot of supply here. but i guess since cybertron is over, it will be hard to come across older figures

3. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

That's kinda my point though. We're saturated with Megatron here in Virginia. But Galvatron is rare even online. Look on ebay, there's only 2 up right now and they're both currently over $50.

4. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Perhaps because they didn't make many of them.
    Then again it could just be that wacky distribution system.

5. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

hell last time i checked there were 2 in my wal-mart in the discount section

6. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Can you pick one up for me? I'll pay it and shipping. How much?

7. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i believe he was marked down to 35 dollars i dont know what the shipping would be but i dont think much, ill check if hes there when i go to wal-mart again

but of course i will :thumb 

8. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Hell yes I'd pay that, if he's still new in the box . Thanks man :)  Send me a PM if you manage to get one, thanks again

:D  sweet

9. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    I looked around my area for the longest time, but to no prevail. Then checked a whole bunch of online stores with no luck, and eBay was over priced. So I finally looked at TRU online and low and behold he was there for the reg. price. So I got my Galvatron online at TRU about two weeks ago.

TRU online has some random stuff from time to time, like today I ordered Classic Soundwave from them cause they just got them back in stock.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Well this explains why mine sold so fast in the junkion exchange for only $20. Had I known he was so rare, I'd have ebayed him.

11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    For me, I much prefered Cyb. Galvatron's paint scheme compared to Megatron's. I call my Cyb. Galvatron: Megatron since the silver colour scheme suits my opinion of what Megatron should look like. That may be one reason he is harder to find, perhaps he was more welcomed by some fans.

12. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

their not that rare arround here. Anywho, they've been out going on a year now.

13. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Cybertron Galvatron was released in time for Christmas 2005 (in fact, a number of my local stores got quite a few shipments of that assortment), and was available up until July 2006 when Metroplex was shipped out.
    He was available for over 6 months in the second most expensive price catagory of the line, he is NOT rare.

BUT, I think there is a HUGE market of people who procrastinated, assuming there would be a repeat of the "Energon BOGO Bonanza" with the early-mid line figures, or that he would be available through the end of the line and see mass clearance.

Similarly, I've seen a LOT of early Cybertron figures (Scourge, Leobreaker, Jetfire, etc), reach some strangely high prices on on eBay, figures (particularly Scourge and Jetfire) that were dreadfully common in early 2006.

Chances are there are still quite a few Galvatrons floating out there, but in the less traveled stores.

14. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here. I passed on Megatron and got Galvatron. Also, part of the reason was I couldn't really afford to buy all the different toys for this series and their repaints, so I picked the version I liked the best for each toy.

15. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    More, way more, Megatrons shipped than Galvatrons.

and as of now, Cybertron isn't shipping anymore. so all thats there is all that will be.

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I saw him shelfwarming during the October-December 2006 period, but I didn't see anymore of him during I think what was the beginning of December. Overall, he looked cool, but I had already bought the Galaxy Force version of him several months earlier.:D 

17. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Does that mean Cybertron toys will be worth more? I was wondering over the past while whether I should take my Soundwave out of it's package.

18. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

What a pity, Galvatron has a MUCH better paint job.

19. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Soundwave's not going to be worth squat, relatively speaking. He was released in multiple Voyager cases, the early ones including two of him, and while popular, didn't seem to live up to the hard-to-find hype most new figures in a wave receive. Soundwave's far too common now, and with too much mixed opinions on the mold and Hasbro's paintjob, to worry about keeping him MISB in hopes that he's rare. Right up until Christmas, I could still find one or two, almost but not quite as bad as Mudflap earlier on in Cybertron.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Huh, interesting, just did a search on eBay and I'll be damned, he does command a somewhat high price doesn't he? Seems like quite a few Cybertron/Galaxy Force figures are, which is not surprising as how good the line really was.

Galvatron is a really great toy though, surprising what a good paint does to a toy as Meg's is quite underwhelming. Good luck trying to hunt one down.