Minor/Repaint: Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime into Cybertron Scourge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Prowl2000, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Well last week I pickup a Galaxy Force Prime at my local Wallmart to do what I did with an RID Prime, repaint him to be Scourge. The great thing about both the Cybertron Prime and RID Prime figures is you can take almost the entire figure apart down to the individual pieces. I took all of the Cybertron Prime apart, with the exception to the ladder pieces as I want to use a Chrome Spray paint for that finish. That will have to wait until it warms up around here where I can use spray paint outside. But for now I too the Firetruck part of him all apart except for the wheels and knee guns off their respective pieces. Attempts to do so with the tools I have would have resulted in broken plastic. The hardest part was removing the pin from Prime's hip piece. In my attempt I ended up pull the pin the wrong direction and ruined that piece so my repaint won't have that piece to it. Now to the fun stuff.
    I got a bottle of the liquid Black Rit Dye and heated it on my stove yesterday and proceeded to dye all the desired pieces Black. This is my second time dying. Compared to the painting process I did with RID prime, The dying took about 3 hours to complete all the pieces with the Red pieces taking about 20-30 minutes to get a real good black finish and the dark gray pieces taking about 8-10 minutes to get a real good black. Anyone attempting to take this guy apart I wouldn't recommend it without having another put together figure to compare it to. I know that's the only way I'll be able to figure out what piece goes where. I'll try to take some pictures of the black dyed pieces tonight when I get home from work. My next step is to dye the Lights a red color so I need to pick up some Red dye for that process. I will keep updating this as the progression moves along.

2. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

some progress pics would be cool as well.

3. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Sounds like a long progress! But did you heat the pieces or the paint? I'd like to learn how to dye. Acrylics suck, the slightest pointy tool can scratch stuff.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    info on dyeing is up top in the kitbasher's resource guide.

5. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

ok you got prime apart... how did you split his torso.. i havnt figured out whats holding it besides the screws, is it the hip pins for the wheels?....i need to get his head out and stuff.plus i plan on taking him apart to paint him, since i dont want to brush all of him
    I dont suggest taking the knee guns off, i ended up cutting one off to find out how it was done, and doing so i found out it may be hard to get it back together, but in my bash i had no plans of having to reatach them permenantly.They are attached with some screw like brackets

6. Prowl2000

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

The chest was pretty difficult to take apart. This included at least 4 different swears that my wife would yell at me for saying. But the really tough part of them is the pins for the front tires. The chest is made up of 3 different vertical plastic pieces. Here's a photo of all the pieces my prime is in right now and what it looks like post Black dye job. I heated the dye on my stove top. Not hard, but just have to be really careful because it can get messy really quick. I dremmeled part of the knee gun off to see if it was a screw or a pin and decided just to leave the guns on. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with those yet. My next step is to dye the pieces with window red.

7. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

like i said leave the knee guns alone LOL... ill see if i still have the pins to show you when i go home , i dont see a way to get them off without causing major damage

and looking at the picture of parts i think im almost scared to pull that bad boy apart more then i have too.... sheesh he has alot more guts then i thought he did

i warn you know, the big cannons can be a bit tricky to rescrew onto the holders , the big spring is tough, and it will launch the ratchet parts like a gun if you dont clamp it right

so the chest is the 5 screws or whatever, and the hip pins ?

8. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

wow man thats just crazy i never thought that prime would have all those parts and yea i praise you kitbashing guys it takes so much patience and delicate work for a custom to come out just right, so keep on working at it prowl and all of you kitbashers out there you guys kick ass , i wish i had the balls to start my own haha =P

9. Prowl2000

Ebay:
    yeah the two hip pins. I don't recommend attempting to pull the hip pins all the way out as you'll probably break the final piece that hip pins hold to. I really don't know how they got some of the pins into that thing.

10. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Thanks Redline! I appreciate it :D 

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    One of the really nice things about dying is that sometimes you don't have to take THE ENTIRE thing apart. If you have two parts which are connected by a pin and the area that you want to be dyed is exposed, you can just drop that assembly into the dye instead of taking the entire thing apart.

12. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

but dying sounds like so much work

i have a few parts im going to try it with some day though

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    its not at all... I do it all the time :) 

14. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Looks great so far! I love the paint scheme. For some reason I love evil repaints, no idea why.

15. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

so this is one of my "want to see the most kitbashes" and i felt like bringing it back to life any progress on it dude? =p

16. mr_boogalooba

mr_boogalooba Well-Known Member

This the mine...tomorrow I'll open a post for mine...it was difficult and there are some errors but I think that it came out good ;) 

[​IMG]

This the mine...tomorrow I'll open a post for mine...it was difficult and there are some errors but I think that it came out good ;) 

[​IMG]

ops sorry for double post ;) 

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I'm drooling over my keyboard. XD :rock  Awesome "Nemesis/Scourge" version.

18. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Jesus..I'm sold..Buy it now please?

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That looks really nice man! Nice work on everything looks like! Keep 'em coming! :thumb 

20. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

wow awesome kitbashing skillzz rigght there haha im glad i brought this thread back to life =P