Cybertron Figures and Completeness

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skystalker, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Skystalker

Skystalker Transformer Accumulator

Hey all,

Just looking for some opinions. Do you think Cybertron figures are considered complete if their cyberkey is the correct planet but the incorrect printed code on the back?

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Complete it the words real "essense" no, but it still has full functionality.

3. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Seeing as how the purpose for the printed code, that being the unlockable online content, is no longer available, I'd say having the correct printed code is a moot point. I've sold a couple cybertron figures here and on eBay and only a few have had their orignal cyber key with their code, the rest just had the same type of key that they came with.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Since the first letter in the code refers to the size class, I try to give them the right size and planet key.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    For me- no, but I am picky like that.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I would never buy a cybertron figure that had a key with the wrong code.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Weird.

I would say who cares, because I just toss the keys into a bag anyway. Some aspects of the collector mentality are so anally retentive, it makes me fear for humanity. I mean, seriously.

However, in order to protect oneself from those anally retentive troublemakers, if you're selling Cybertron figures, at least specify that the key may not be the EXACT key that came with the figure. I think you're covered that way.

zmog

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd say it's complete in the title, specify the key is the right planet but the wrong code in the description and let the buyer decide if it's worth it. If it's for a kid, they aren't going to give a rat's ass.

Here's a thread explaining what key code goes to what toy. Helpful if you have a bag full of keys and want to pair them correctly!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  9. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Well eventually wouldn't it be like selling e.g a Targetmaster Scoop but with Quickmix guns and not write it ? they look similar, do the same transformation etc.
    May be anal but I'd like to have the correct accessory to my fig's or at least be notified if it's not.

10. SMOG

Are the Scoop and Quickmix guns the same colour and type of plastic? If so, does it really matter? What if the guns are not the same guns that that particular figure was packaged with, and are in fact orphaned guns that the buyer bought on ebay to pair with his figure? Where does it end? :) 

But no... I jest. I take your meaning, and agree that the best route is to always specify the details like that. Prospective buyers have the right to make informed decisions about what they buy.

zac

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I honestly can't see how someone can be so anal about the keys. Without the online content to unlock, the code on the back is worthless. Does Shortround have an earth key? yes. Is it the right code which as no value or use now? no. Does it impact the effect the cyber key has on the gimmick it activates? no. Like SMOG, I throw all my cyber keys in a ziploc and only have a handful loose lying around to activate gimmicks when I'm fiddling with my toys.

12. SureShot90

Ebay:
    That's fine ! but what works for you may not work for others, it's all about different perspectives :) 

13. SMOG

I think that's probably what MOST transfans do... but there are some people who are more particular about stuff like that.

Personally, I think they're weird. But I guess they aren't hurting anyone, so whatev. ;) 

zmog

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    All my keys are in the bottom of my modern-era tub with the exception of the keys for stuff that's displayed. If someone wants me to double check what key, I'm more than happy to, but I do ask that they tell me what key I'm looking for.