Minor/Repaint: Cybertron Excellion, anyone know how the springs work for the wings???

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MrMurder, May 4, 2008.

1. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    cracked open my Excellion to see if I could flip his wings upside down for a custom, all the while being extremely careful not to fling it open so I could see how to put it back together... well, it didn't work out that way. I carefully pried it open and all the inner mechanisms sprung out. Now I have a wingless Excellion cuz I can't figure out how to put it back together.
    Not really expecting much for this one, just giving it a shot... any help would be greatly appreciated

*and if this is in the wrong spot again, I apologize
    I know it's not an actual custom, but it is pertaining to it. lol *shrugs shoulders*

Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, been there done that.
    You talking about the little springs that have like maybe 2 or 3 coils
    at most right ???

They have a 90 degree bend on both ends, If i remember right. You
    have to slip the springs in the hole of the wing & figure out which bend goes is
    the a little hold on the wing it's self & there should be a little post of some
    things on the orange part the other bend should go into. It's been about 6
    months scene I did my Excellion bash, so short of taking mine apart that's the best I can remember.
    I do remember it was a pain to get back together. good luck.
    Hope this helps.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    just for FYI, question threads go in GD :) 

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Like NP says, it's difficult to explain without taking our own apart and taking pics. And even that'd be damn near impossible, since you need to hold things in place while attaching other ones. Doing all that and operating a camera's gonna be a tricky job.

I've been there too - it's a miracle I didn't lose any springs when they flew out!

If you study the bits, though, it is possible to work out how the springs fit back together; I think anyone who's modded the mould has had to work it out at one point or another - I did it when I transferred my Hot Shot wings into my Excellion. There's only a couple of feasible ways to put it back together, and only one that works; it shouldn't take too many tries to work out which it is. :p 

5. MrMurder

Ebay:
    great thanks guys.
    i fiddled with it for a bit and couldn't get it so i just put all the springs and pieces in a plastic baggy, screwed the back part back together and have it sitting on my desk at the moment. will mess with it at a later time...

as for this thread being in the wrong spot... really sorry about that. i wasn't at all sure, i'll try to put these in the proper places. i was just going for the most direct source - i mean who else knows these things better than the bashers themselves? :) 

thanks again for all your comments

6. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I just remembered, I have a junker Excellion. If your still having problems by the weekend. LMK, I'll see what I can do about some pics to help you out.

7. MrMurder

Ebay:
    i'll give it a try soon hopefully. i just (pretty much) graduated from college so a lot of time has now been lifted... will let you know if any problems arise. and thank you very much