Cybertron Evac Q's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I have a couple questions about the Cybertron Evac mold, as I'll be kitbashing the Blades repaint, or at least plan to do so, as my custom character Raven-XL7. I might come up with some more, but this is it for now. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

1. Would it be possible to kitbash a Cybertron Voyager Starscream head in place of Evac's head?

2 Would it be possible to kitbash a Classics Voyager Optimus Prime head in place of Evac's head?

2. Is it possible to take the rotor blade assembly off of his arm for bot-mode, yet still have it able to attach for vehicle mod? (a mod or two would be needed for this, but I don't own the mold so I'm not sure if it would be possible at all)

3.How easy/hard is it to take him apart to kitbash?

2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well ok, let's see, just unscrew these screws on his blade assembly...ewwww, there's lubricant in here. Ok, I don't want to try to get his head off because it doesn't look like there's an easy way to. To take off his rotor assembly you have to unscrew 3 screws, take it off, then unscrew another one to remove it from his arm. I dunno about the overall difficulty. Maybe that was a bit helpful at least.

Oh, and the gears and spring in there will come loose when you take the top off.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    So you have to take the rotor assembly apart to take it off of the arm? Hmm...I was hoping all you had to do was take the arm itself apart to do so. Sounds a bit harder than I thought it was going to be. I might just wait till I actually buy it to see what I can do with it. As for the head, if he's like most TF's, there should be a screw in the back of his head. That might not take his head off, but it should, in theory be there. I've had a couple TF's where the neck was molded as a part of the pieces that when put together made the head (Cybertron Excellion and Vector Prime for example). As for whether or not the other heads could replace Evac's, all I really need to know is if they are about the same size or not. I can mod a new connection onto a head if need be. I just want to make sure that whatever replacement head I choose, that it'll fit him in both bot and alt-mode.

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, all three heads are very similar in size, so it looks to me like it would work but I'm certainly no kitbasher. There's no visible screw anywhere on Evac's head though.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Hmmm..that's slightly odd. Does the head just store in his torso in alt-mode? That's one detail of his transformation I have no clue about, lol. His head might be glued together. I'll probably just need to dissasemble the torso to get it out, and put a new one in.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well here, his head is attached to a plate which slides down into his torso.

[​IMG]

I'm just not sure how it's attached to the plate.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks. That's how I was thinking it hid in alt-mode. As for how it's attached, it's hard to say, but it could be something like this-

[​IMG]

If the plate is one solid piece, instead of two put together, it could also be basically the same as above, but with a screw coming up threw the neck area to attach it.

8. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, now that I look more closely and kinda see into the back, it looks like it is attached like in your pic. So there you go, I think that's about all I can help with.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Hopefully it won't be too hard for me to find a replacement head that'll fit in alt-mode, and with ought too many mods to it to do so.