Cybertron DVD Release Discussion and Review Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's the latter because it's happened before with other DVDs and there was really nothing offensive in that furst chapter.

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Too bad the Galaxy Force subs are only partly translated (CONVOY-TACHI), and sometimes its a very literal translation.

3. Shokara

Shokara Well-Known Member

I just checked my set, and yes, saddly, it is missing the first few minutes of "Hidden." There's an easy way to check this. If you skip ahead to the closing credits on that episode and the counter clock on your DVD player reads at a little more than 13 minutes then you have a cropped episode. It should be a little more than 20 minutes.

4. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine from a seller on Amazon for a little under twenty dollars. And honestly? I prefer the English dub to something made by a pompous fan-subber.

5. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

okay first time to hear galaxy force ok./... can ya give me website of galaxy force and thanks.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force is the original Japanese version of Cybertron (Cybertron being a dub of GF). There is no website to get them from. Try a file sharing torrent.

Cybertron the toyline and fiction were developed jointly by Hasbro and Takara For some reason, Takara and GONZO (the studio) decided to develop the series as a new continuity that had nothing to do with the two preceeding series, screwing up Hasbro's continuity. This had the unfortunate effect of creating western japanophile fanboys who vehemently defended the greatness of Japan and mocked the American baka gaijin Cybertron dub's attempts to reconcile these changes to the cartoon with their continuity.

However, by the end of the series Galaxy Force threw in some hints that maybe the cartoon WAS a continuation of the previous two series, and in any case in 2007 TakaraTomy decided to make Galaxy Force a continuation of Armada and Energon, anyway.

The fanboys haven't been heard from since.