Minor/Repaint: Cybertron Dirge WIP *updated 8-13-06*

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by REDLINE, Jul 14, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    its going to be fully camo'd so I don't think panel lining will be necessary *L* maybe the underside.. but I dunno, that could end up with camo too possibly... depends on how successful I am on the topside.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks great so far! Can't wait to see how you pull off the camo.

3. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm kind of embarassed. Poor Dirge has been sitting around waiting for his final cosmetic surgery for a mere THREE days short of TWENTY MONTHS! :eek: 

Does anyone even remember this project? :lolol  Well, I finally got my thumb out and plopped the poor guy on the table today, and after 6 hours of painstaking free-hand painting with a #00 brush and a shaved-down toothpick, He's finally completed! He's sitting in the other room, letting his clear-coat dry. I'm sorry it took so long, Dirge.

I must say, that as much doubt as I had in being able to pull of a DIGITAL camouflaged paint scheme, I honestly think I pulled it off admirably. I'll do a full-up photoshoot tomorrow! :D 

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It's darn tasty, it is. Did you work out what you're doing re insignias?
    My trick is usually to only have proper insignias in robot mode (in this mould's case, probably on the shoulder), only using rubsigns in vehicle mode (and even then, hidden if possible, like on Hardshell, or somewhere I can make a feature of it, like Classics Prime's bumper).

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah, I actually used three.. old school. only one shows in robot mode, though. If this'd been a Classics addition, I'd have gone that route, like I did for Omega Supreme. I've already shot the jet mode shots, since I didn't have to handle it much, and I'll post them with the robot mode shots later tonight. I'll put them in a different thread though I believe.